Science Forums

Free, clean, and unlimited energy

lessthanadam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steorn are apparently going to demonstrate their 'orbo' in London in July 2007.

Should be interesting.........

I found these links if your interested.

I hope it works! Free, clean, and unlimited energy sound to good too be true.

Steorn

This is a good link to.

Everything in the known universe about steorn

steorn: Blogs, Photos, Videos and more on Technorati

And this one!

Steorn's Orbo

Dispatches from the Future

Steorn's Orbo

To be technically precise, there is a well-known form of energy currently being used to supply a small, typically specialized fraction of our electrical power, and the vast majority of all other terrestrial power: solar radiation.

Although we tend to think of solar power as expensive and (except for specialized applications, such as battery chargers for low-power devices in remote locations) impractical, the fact remains that there is a practically unlimited amount of it, it’s absolutely clean, and free for the taking. It’s its transformation into forms usable for specific purposes, such as electricity, that tends to be difficult and expensive.

And, unlike the Orbo, nearly everyone agrees it actually exists.

It’s been much discussed at hypography, in such threads as 4423.

The word from steorn.com is “technical difficulties, cause unknown, maybe heat from camera lights”.

While eager viewers queue impatiently waiting for the show to open (or mill, I expect – the Kinetica Museum of Kinetic Electronic and Experimental Art (which might more accurately be called a gallery :hihi: than a museum) appears to be inside a sort of shopping mall, the Old Spitalfields Market, built in 1887 on an outdoor market site going back to about 1638. I find it ironically intriguing that the demonstration of a device claiming to behave in a way forbidden by the principles put forth by Isaac Newton is to be demonstrated in a venue that could be said to predate Newton, and also that Kinetica is an art gallery with a stated mission of assisting “the artist” to “utilise and warp technology itself” in order to “lead the way forward for mankind”. As a work of performance art, the Orbo makes more sense to me – perhaps actually working in a manner that can withstand technical scrutiny is not its makers goal?

I wish I were in London now – I imagine the social scene around Kinetica is … interesting just now. Is any reader of this thread actually in the vicinity of Old Spitalfields Market?

Maybe 6pm Eastern Time is talking about the Far East, so this would be 11am GMT on the 5th July 2007!!!!!!

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Just 12 more hours to wait!

Switchy, while I applaud your excitement, this has all the halmarks of snake oil.

No scientific studies or reports on this 'new method' of producing energy.

Putting on a media show for watchers, which really doesn't prove the facts.

I'll wait for the independant scientific inspection.

Personally, I would love to live through a scientific discovery of this magnetude. However this is just so much hot air at this time.