Science Forums

Gender Confusion

Gender confusion is connected to the way the personality software of the human brain is layered. The base layer is dependant on physical sexuality. Males develop differently than females because males are male and females are female at this basic instinctive/biological level of software. The second level is cross-sexual with males being female and females being male. This is easiest to see in intimate relationships. The male gets moody due to his female side, while the female gets bitchy due to her masculine side. The bitchy will often lead the interactive dynamics because she is the man at that level of software with the male reactive via his moody female side. At the lower software level, males will usually initiate sexuality because he is the man at that level with the female being more reactive.

Where gender aberrations come from is using the wrong level software for sexuality. It is naturally based on the lowest level software. But humans sometimes use the higher level to control the lower level. The main result in homosexuality.

There are also hybrids that can form where these two software levels merge. This would create an ambiguity with respect to sexuality since it is both but neither at the same time.

What one needs to keep in mind is that in our quest not to hurt feelings we avoid defining a solid basis for natural instinct.

Gender confusion is connected to the way the personality software of the human brain is layered.

Software? Can we get upgrades? What version are you running? Is there a new patch available to work out the bugs?

The male gets moody due to his female side, while the female gets bitchy due to her masculine side. The bitchy will often lead the interactive dynamics because she is the man at that level of software with the male reactive via his moody female side.

I sure hope when you say his "feminine side," you are referring to his wife/girlfriend, and when you say her "masculine side," you are referring to her husband/boyfriend... If not, please offer support of this claim.

Where gender aberrations come from is using the wrong level software for sexuality. It is naturally based on the lowest level software. But humans sometimes use the higher level to control the lower level. The main result in homosexuality.

Do I really need to ask again? Please support this or retract it.

There are also hybrids that can form where these two software levels merge. This would create an ambiguity with respect to sexuality since it is both but neither at the same time.

Yeah, they're more fuel efficient too... :lol:

HB, if you are going to make such statements, you really need to offer some verification or proof, or qualify your statments as opinion. Thanks.

A reminder to all - this is a scientific site. All opinions, especially those about which research has been done, should be backed by scientific studies, and all members should be willing to do at least enough research to back up their opinions.

When a sperm fertilizes an ovuum the male and female genes blend. If the result is a boy, all those 49.9 % female genes don't just disappear. They have an impact on biological factors (soften skin, etc.) as well as brain and personality factors. Since these cross sexual genes are not dominant they take on more of an unconscious role with respect to the personality. This is the source of a male's female side and a female's masculine side. The psychology of Jung draws the same conclusions but does this via dream symbolism. It calls the female side of a male the anima, while the male side of the female is the animus.

In tradition the masculine aspect is the active principle and the female is the reactive aspect. In natural sexuality, more often than not, the male is the driving force and female resistant or reactive. When one gets into emotional relationships, especially with children, the mother rules the roost. Her masculine side can bring joy and pain to her mate. The male reacts to her via his female side. Traditional the wife is called the better half because she is the active principle in relationships.

As far as the idea of the brain having software, this is an easy way to explain observation. Much of what we do, is just think a command line and the rest happens unconsciously. The output does not happen helter skelta, but does so in a very organized way. As far as upgrades, practice makes perfect. The figure skater reinforces movement software until it become unconscious not requiring more than mental command lines from the ego to do amazing feats of athletic ability.

The personality software are basic behavioral forms common to all humans, but segregated male and female. In relationships between a man and woman, very similar dynamics occur in almost all relationships. Thats why guys and gals can get together and tell and empathize with similar war stories. The software is very similar in all men and in all women.

The software in males and females is interactive software. This would like having game software that interacts with robotic software, with both trying to maintain their integrety while slowly being alterred due to the interaction of the other. If they mesh the integrity polarization maintains a potential for creative dynamics.

When relationships break up, the one left behind, is stripped of one part of the interacting/meshed software. The time apart helps the person's software go back to its default settings, so one can begin the software reintegration with another person. If one tries to mesh to soon, software programming from another relationship can bring baggage into the new relationship, that makes it harder to mesh.

I sure hope when you say his "feminine side," you are referring to his wife/girlfriend, and when you say her "masculine side," you are referring to her husband/boyfriend... If not, please offer support of this claim.

He's talking about right brain, left brain. Sometimes refered to as the feminine brain and the masculine brain. Men tend to have more developed right brain and women tend to have more developed left brain.

The human brain is separated by a longitudinal fissure, separating the brain into two distinct cerebral hemispheres. The two sides of the brain are similar in appearance, and every structure in each hemisphere is mirrored on the other side, yet despite these gross similarities, the functions of each cortical hemisphere are different. Human neocortex--the outer, visible portions of the brain--is the source of all cognitive, sensory, linguistic, voluntary movement, and attentive processes. These higher-level functions--as opposed to reflexes, posture maintenance, etc.--seem to preferentially exist in one half of the brain or the other. Deeper (subcortical) structures such as the basal ganglia and thalami seem to play the same role on each side of the brain, regardless of their hemisphere.

It is important to note that--while functions are indeed lateralized--these lateralizations are trends and do not apply to every person in every case. Short of having undergone a hemispherectomy (the removal of an entire cerebral hemisphere) there are no "left-brained" or "right-brained" people.

Source: Laterialization of the Brain

He's talking about right brain, left brain. Sometimes refered to as the feminine brain and the masculine brain. Men tend to have more developed right brain and women tend to have more developed left brain.

There is a larger connection between the two hemispheres in women too.

and

as we are all bathed in female hormones in the womb, these "turn on" certain female traits which are then nurtured -to a greater or lesser degree- by the pre-and post-natal environment.

I think "female" is natures "default" setting

When a sperm fertilizes an ovuum the male and female genes blend.

Yes before the sperm fertilizes the egg .. the egg has the qualities of being female .. it is the sperm chromosone that determines the sex change of the female egg from girl to boy ..

Which goes to show why women are the stronger sex of the two .. :doh:

Ashley

We all start out female. It's only if, and not always, the y chromosome is present that we begin differentiation becoming male.

Agreed

and it is the

"and not always," that makes genetics so complex and so facinating

In animals that have litters cats, rats.

The fact that a male may have a female "upstream" that fact will bathe him in a little female hormone

just to make the mix more interesting.

Vice versa too.

My "not always" bit is mostly in referenece to a phenomena of some interest to me called Gender Ambiguity. In which various chemical or genetic events can result in non-conformity to the so called normatives of natural gender assignment.

Infinitely interesting people, I think.

We all start out female. It's only if, and not always, the y chromosome is present that we begin differentiation becoming male.
Though a zygote must have one (or, unusually, more) Y chromosome to develop into a normal male (Actually, you only need the SRY gene on the X chromosome – in principle, that gene could be artificially added to an X chromosome to produce a normal man who would be chromosomally female – XX instead of XY), differentiation doesn’t begin until long after the zygote’s whole collection of chromosomes – its karyotype – is fixed, which occurs before implantation. Differentiation is a long, complicated, not completely understood process, triggered by many gene and “epigenetic” events.
Funny to note is that there are more males born than females. Males also have a higher mortality rate, than females.
More remarkable, I think, is that the gender ratio is so close to 50/50%. That’s not the case in most animals – insects, for example, often have 95/5% female/male ratios, and even Chimpanzees appear to have about a 60/40% ratio. Some controversial theories even propose that the human sex ratio hasn’t been so close to 50/50 just a few centuries ago.

Another funny fact – from a 1960s paper physiology textbook of mine, which I can’t confirm with online sources – is that substantially more – perhaps 60% - of human fertilizations are by slightly faster-moving Y-chromosome-bearing “male” spermatozoa. XY Male zygotes, however, fail to implant, and are discharged, unnoticed without microscopic study, with the monthly menses, at a slightly higher rate than XX female zygotes, resulting in the nearly 50/50% male/female birth rate we observe.

ar to have about a 60/40% ratio. Some controversial theories even propose that the human sex ratio hasn’t been so close to 50/50 just a few centuries ago.

Another funny fact – from a 1960s paper physiology textbook of mine, which I can’t confirm with online sources – is that substantially more – perhaps 60% - of human fertilizations are by slightly faster-moving Y-chromosome-bearing “male” spermatozoa. .

I posted something similar in "Quirky Science Facts"

I don't know where I got it from either.

(PS a thought: Does that mean there are 1/2 as many miscarriages as there are births?)

Alfred Jost working during WW2 surgically removed from fetal rabbits the tissue that would normally have developed into gonads (testes, ovaries)

in every case female rabbit was ultimately born.

Thus a Y chromosome is not required for male genitalia but androgens are.

SRY genes do what chromosomes do- make a protein.

This protein, due to its unique shape, probably controls other genes that produces proteins needed for the collective construction of a testes.

SKY then has to work with other genes located on non-sex chromosomes.

In some cases(androgen insesitivity syndrome) people with SKY gene can develop female traits,(pseudohermaphrodites, sterile with internal testes and Y cells)

While people lacking a SRY gene can nonetheless develop male traits.

Some males can be born deficient in a receptor for androgens, so cannot respond to testosterone -or even a Y chromosome.

SRY does not directly cause the development of male traits.

Instead these traits result from a complex chain of evens that flow, one after another, in a history dependent cascade that is open to micro environmental influences at many places along the developmental pathway

THEN we can talk about, the development of the brain, and THEN, (when born) social factors!

SOURCE: "The Dependent Gene" Davis S. Moore

Remember, genes are NOT blueprints. This means you can't, for example, insert "the genes for an elephant's trunk" into a giraffe and get a giraffe with a trunk. There -are- no genes for trunks. What you CAN do with genes is chemistry, since DNA codes for chemicals. For instance, we can in theory splice the native plants' talent for nitrogen fixation into a terran plant.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Nonlinear Genetics"

Pretty much how I feel about the whole genetic aspect of things.

The syndrome where the male (XY) does not develop into a male (physiologically) is called Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome.

Anyway, more towards the original premise of the thread.

I always have the darnedest time pick out the difference between women's writting and men's. They lack something distiguishing enough to characterise them. I think it simply comes from a standardization of communication that comes about in the way we write, but it confuses me.

I can't just look at something written and tell you right off the bat weather it was written by male or female hand.

It's in the details that divisions get drawn, when looked at as a whole, there is nothing distinguishing the universe from itself.

This seemed relevant

(Seeing we haven't been on-topic since we started):)

http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=12938822&src=rss/oddlyEnoughNews

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Online marriage brokers are common in China, but a young Chinese Web site is thriving by turning the traditional idea of marriage on its head.

Called "Marriage for Asexuals" (http://www.wx920.com), the site claims to be the first and biggest online marriage broker for "asexual" people in China. It says it has attracted 7,000 members since it was launched last year.

Its rapid success illustrates the expansion of the Internet in China, the increasingly permissive nature of Chinese society -- and the way in which small but growing minorities of people are stepping away from traditions that have dominated culture for thousands of years.

"I came up with the idea to help a friend, who lost his sexual abilities after an accident," said the 33-year-old founder of the Web site, who works full-time for an information technology company in the remote southern province of Guangxi.

• 3 weeks later...

People think because I use the moniker 'Paige' that it means I'm a girl - not so (My partner thinks I am though because she's working and I'm a house husband as they term it in the UK).

The derivation of the name was a British TV advert for a telecom company that had the tag 'If you need answers, simply page the oracle and as I was worried about somebody else using the same name I added an 'I'.

If you accept people as individual minds, then you don't think of them in terms of bodily identities or cultural roles - you interact with them on face value alone, you accept what they give you, rather than dig for more (Try to force more out or get them to make a stand on something they may not want to decide on at that point or ever).

I think computers are good from that point of view - you can reveal what you want to reveal (maintain your privacy up to whatever point you want or not as the case may be).