Science Forums

Political Correctness

Racoon

Wow... ever heard the term "context" before? I notice you didn't bother using any of my other "Great Words" posts... Either way, I wasn't calling anyone by those terms, just saying they were great words. Big difference fellas. Another great word: Intent. It's even been brought up in it's own thread recently.

Get this thread back on track. Ask some specific questions, raise some quality arguments, or offer some valid alternatives. Otherwise, I'm closing it for lack of any meaningful scientific contributions or debate.

Cheers. :cup:

"****tard" how would you use that appropriately?? sounds pretty offensive to me...

Wow, *context*

Now you're finally realizing the intent of my initial post :) . Ozzie Guillen called a punk reporter a "fag" in the heat of competitive battle.

He went all "Testosteroni", if I may borrow a great word from you IN ;)

I say close away!

I set the dynamite, now just light the fuse!!

BOOM!!

I'll start another thread concerning a more scientifical discussion, as opposed to rhetoric and name-calling.

which is what prompted this, but seems people just want to concentrate on "fag" and "just be nice"...

:love:

Okay... so clearly my attempt at intervention failed....

:shrug:

No, it didn't Mercedes Benzene..:)

Your attempts were valiant and appreciated

But lets start over with a more Rational discussion... ;)

Terrorist :naughty: nono! they are "misguided criminals"...

Did you have a 'BrainStorm'? nono! that might offend somebody with epilepsy! :naughty: Call it a "thought shower"

And On and On and On ad Naseum! :evil:

Be warned, people get fired for this stuff. People get slandered for a slip of the tongue...

Not that a word is worse than Hitting and Shooting somebody.. but it gets treated like that in print media...

PC has its merits, yet it has its shortcomings and abuses as well

Moved to"

>> Too Politically Correct is Wrong.

where hopefully the conversation will be more objective with scientifical query and acumen.

Otherwise continue living in a make believe pretend world...

Where no one should have to face "value judgements" or Responsibility.. where potentially insensitive language should be completely abolished, and Orwellian "Newspeak" should be strictly enforced! :evil:

Or is that what its coming to?

:shrug: