Science Forums

Space Voyage #1 Chatter

Jay-qu

thats celestia again :beer: just put the orbits and labels on, then get yourself into a nice 'birds eye view' of the solar system.

So is this girl a nano-bot swarm? I say power down all main systems, and EMP the SOB's - I have all the necissary parts in my lab for an EMP problem is im not onboard :confused: someone else will have to do it

I say power down all main systems, and EMP the SOB's - I have all the necissary parts in my lab for an EMP problem is im not onboard :eek: someone else will have to do it

Are you sure that's a good idea? Since we don't know what they are doing, just removing them might not be a good idea. I know that if I had designed them, I would have made it difficult to remove them. Something along the lines of having them produce a drug into the bloodstream that is addictive. Remove them, they quit supplying the drug, and you suffer some very nasty (possibly fatal?) withdrawal symtoms.

thats celestia again :) just put the orbits and labels on, then get yourself into a nice 'birds eye view' of the solar system.

So is this girl a nano-bot swarm? I say power down all main systems, and EMP the SOB's - I have all the necissary parts in my lab for an EMP problem is im not onboard :eek: someone else will have to do it

What about running her through the MRI?

Bill

Are you sure that's a good idea? Since we don't know what they are doing, just removing them might not be a good idea. I know that if I had designed them, I would have made it difficult to remove them. Something along the lines of having them produce a drug into the bloodstream that is addictive. Remove them, they quit supplying the drug, and you suffer some very nasty (possibly fatal?) withdrawal symtoms.

I am glad you are on our side!

Bill

We have an MRI on the ship.. is that such a good idea with all the metal we have lying around?

As for the addictive drug, Im sure our trained medical staff can work out if its there or not, and if it is possibly synthesyse some for an incremental withdrawal

Jay, what program did you do that in? I've been wanting to do EXACTLY THAT for the last week and haven't been able to find a program I could figure it out in.
There's at least one nice source of solar system data that's completely web-based: "Solar System Live". It gives both a graphical view, with several options, and numeric observation data for any position on Earth.

:eek: Although it looks nice, and appears accurate enough for visualizing purposes, I'm a bit wary of its Distance ephemeris values - If you plot them for today, you'll discover Mars further from the Sun than its accepted maximum, by a greater amount that can be accounted for by the limited precision of the data.

:) For a year of so, I had my work machine set to show the current solar system view as its wallpaper, before department policy prohibited personalized wallpaper. :lol:

I say power down all main systems, and EMP the SOB's - I have all the necissary parts in my lab for an EMP problem is im not onboard someone else will have to do it
An EMP likely wouldn’t work on nanobots, anyway – they likely don’t have much conductive material in them to generate a current from the pulse’s sharp change in magnetic field. Really small “Drexlarian” nanomachine, such as the ones described in Diamond Age, are envisioned as being mechanical, with little sensitivity to electric effects.

We’d better be careful to run a hoax check on the bio-nanobot story – current technologist are deeply skeptical that the technology is truly possible, and while our current, alternative-history technology seems to have a lot of useful miniaturization, this is the first I’ve heard of true nanotech.

We’d better be careful to run a hoax check on the bio-nanobot story – current technologist are deeply skeptical that the technology is truly possible, and while our current, alternative-history technology seems to have a lot of useful miniaturization, this is the first I’ve heard of true nanotech.

Are you suggesting that these nanobots are nothing more than... uh... crabs? :eek: :hihi: :lol: Don't tell Pyro. :shrug: He is trying to cure himself with a large magnet.

Bill