Science Forums

Stupid questions...

Boerseun

This may be a stupid question, but i think its more of a stupid system.

How come someone will not be executed because they are sick? If you are going to kill someone why does it matter if they are in ill-health?

Crazy countires that kill people...:naughty:

Why does the bed where the lethal injection is to be given have a comfortable pillow? (Saw a pic in New Scientist)

Apparently, yawning is indeed contagious. In a recent article, it was described that observing somebody else in your company yawn, triggers a yawn in yourself as a mechanism to consolidate and solidify social hegemony. Interesting, but not the gist of my dumb question.

What I want to know, does yawning dogs trigger yawning amongst humans in their company, that form part of their social group, and vice versa? Does your yawning trigger a yawn in your dog?

Dogs are without doubt Man's Best Friend, because our social ordering is compatible. Humans yawn, dogs yawn. I suppose it'll make sense if our social co-operation included inter-species contagious yawning as a social strengthening tool, too...