Science Forums

Stupid questions...

Boerseun

...why do kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Firstly because it houses the earphones and they still needed comms for an effective attack, even if they are not coming back.

I think it would also distract from the mission if suddenly you are flying with only half the kit you are used to. I think they even had parachutes, as most WWII fighters used the parachute as a cushion on a bare metal seat and you would thus not be able to see over the glare shield if you are sitting low in the "empty" seat.

How much of the liquid in a given water park, pool, pond, or ocean is actually biotic wastes/secretions?

Ummmm....don't sweat it? :turtle: :) :clue: Here's my naive, if not stupid, question from my early lifeguard days when someone spotted a turd in the deep end: "Who's going to get it out?" :clue:

How much of the liquid in a given water park, pool, pond, or ocean is actually biotic wastes/secretions? ...

hmmm...

If by that you mean, water that has passed through a biological creature, or at one time was incorporated within a biological creature--at some time, any time in the past--then I would say...

100% of it. :eek2: