Science Forums

Prostitution

HydrogenBond

This subject is a bit touchy. I hope I am not being offensive. Here is my understanding and question. Prostitution amounts to sex for money. If prostitutes were willing to accept merchandise or gift certificates to Home Depot, would it still be considered prostitution since money is not exchanged? The reason I ask, in a permissive society, sexuality can be the end result of dating where merchandise, dinner, drinks, etc., are given in exchange.

Yeah, funny huh?

See,

those things like wine, and food

are indirectly affecting whether or not

the giver will get to dip

his serpent into that hole of ecstacy or not.

Hey, have this.

awww you're so thoughtful.

I know.

Money,

for sex (prostitution)

is direct, blunt.

In yo face

and illegal. ('round here at least)

so it seems that,

when down in human Nature,

it's all for sex;

reproduction.

We just got tricky,

and intriquit,

and there are so many ways to get into that

friction rhythm.

One doesn't merely pay a prostitute for sex. One pays a prostitute to go way afterward. If she sticks around she is a girlfriend, mistress, or wife. The difference between seduction and rape is a box of chocolates.

Diamond - "take her breath away."

Diamond - shut her up. For a while. Hence one of the attractions of prostitutes.

This subject is a bit touchy.

Only if she knows what she's doing... :phones:

There's an issue also whereby it's prostitution if it's a major source of income. All people dating trade resources, but it's generally considered part of courtship and strengthening of the connections in their relationship. Prostitution is more "I need money for <insert need>, and I can get that money by engaging in sexual acts."

Distinguishing between dating and prostitution can be a fine line for some, and depends on the definitions they are using.

Hey baby. I seen you looking at me. I'll give you BJ for a 3'x8' piece of 3/4" pressure treated plywood.

I guess a pro is in it for the money. Dating is for something else.

I remember an old Rodney Dangerfield joke, " my wife and I, all we argue about is sex and money, money and sex, she charges too much.

All seriousness aside, many guys may equate the material exchange of dating with prostitution, leading to cross wires and date rape.

This subject is a bit touchy. I hope I am not being offensive. Here is my understanding and question. Prostitution amounts to sex for money. If prostitutes were willing to accept merchandise or gift certificates to Home Depot, would it still be considered prostitution since money is not exchanged? The reason I ask, in a permissive society, sexuality can be the end result of dating where merchandise, dinner, drinks, etc., are given in exchange.

Hmmmm .. I worked in the sex industry and ran a "brothel and strip club" for many years .. whilst studying ..

Prostitution does equate to money for sex .. however the issues behind money and sex are much deeper ..

Alot of women I know and men for that matter .. would feel degraded for being offered anything other than money .. however in having said that - there are also alot of women out there who would trade anything equivilant to what they would normally been paid ..

Ever heard the saying or judgement "Crack-Whore" .. it does happen

and is still considered a form of prostitution .. the trading scheme is still based on the same principle .. give and take ..

Hope this clears up any misconceptions

Regards

Ashley

Gee, theres a fricking revolutionary thought!

You work a Whore House, Strip Club for years, and thats all you tell us??!! :doh:

No Sh*t Sherlock.

Crack Whore? No, never heard of one. Is that someone who gives up pussy for crack?

A Strawberry?

Degraded? If you resort to selling your *** for money, then yeah, it can be a bit degrading.

Unless you got some real "goods", and work the high-rollers...

Please tell us some real stuff Happy. :eek_big:

We aren't little children here.

I've dated strippers before, but never have had a prostitute.

Is there a difference?

A little bit. But for the right money?......

I suggest you go hire yourself a whore or a prostitute and find out for yourself .. only one qustion was asked only one question was answered ..

You want detail .. go find it yourself .. after all .. your not a child :eek:

3 of the same posts above..hehe

I guess it was pretty important.

No worries offending anybody Happy. :lightbulb especially me.

Back to the question at hand:

There is no substitute for Cash. Its so much easier to buy drugs with, than to try and haggle with your drug dealer, Pimp over Gift Cards, or whatever else.

Dead Presidents - best way to get sex from a Ho.

Straight Up,

Lmao @ the Dead Presidents .. As for your idea about money for drugs - I wouldnt know .. the term "crack whore" was simply that a term .. not a personal experience ..

The question at hand is precisely that .. "at hand" ..

Hope this clears up any misconceptions .. or myths ..

Ashley

Crack Whore? No, never heard of one. Is that someone who gives up pussy for crack?

Serious, you never heard from that? In Switzerland prostitution is legal (one has to apply for a kind of licence and make a medical control each month and so on), but I read some statistics and if I remember right only 10% are legal prostitutes. The other 90% is mainly divided in two classes, illegal immigrants from the east of Europe and people on hard drugs.

I remember once seeing a woman almost not dressed at all but with lots of lipstick and what it needs shooting herself some heroin in her veines...and (this is just to shock some of the US-americans reading) it was about 100m from the swiss parlament, I don't think you can imagine something like that happening close to the white house :lightbulb

I have to add this was a couple of years ago (about ten) now there are always more and more places made for addicts to get their dose where doctors and social workers are present, but it is still possible to see it in the open if you know where the "scene" is.

Actually it is as well thanks to this drug-prostitution, that many people on drugs get aids because in swtzerland clean siringues (don't know if this is the right english word, I mean that thing with which you put or as well pull out something of your veines) are distributed for free; so when they are in desperate need for a shot and therefore for money they agree to do everything without any protection...

You mean to tell us that you worked a whore house and strip club,

And you wouldn't know?

Thats funny. :lightbulb or misleading...

Prostitution is a serious issue. I studied it in Sociology of course.

What can you do?

If you do; wear a rubber, thats for sure!

like I said;

Get on, Get off, Get out. Pay the Hooker, You're a Trick for doing it. Don't get Tooken.

Another Satisfied Customer...:cup:

Cool Thread.

Funny actually .. I live in New Zealand .. I am 34 .. mother of 3 teenage girls .. and wife to an imaginary husband ( hes never home ) .. we are self employed .. I have a degree in psychology and am currently .. independantly researching .. I also run a practice from home ..

I managed a massage parlour and stripped for several years (7) having recently given this up .. time moves forward ..

As a manager I used my skills knowledge and resources .. to encourage women with drug habits to 'kick" the habit .. and environment .. by giving them another environment .. they didnt stay in the game for too long .. making prostitution - only a step .. not an addiction ..

Money can be an addiction .. just like drugs ..

In New Zealand .. prostitution has been de-criminalised .. effectivley - the state is a pimp hahaha ;) thats the funny side ..

Although individuals are not required to hold a license .. anyone who has more than 3/4 girls working is required by law to hold an operating license .. from the department of ministry .. this license is vetted through the police .. and an operator is to have no convictions of a drug nature ..

New Zealand also runs a syringe swapping program .. I am not up to date with the facts in this area .. as the knowledge is no longer applicable .. unless the kids are not telling me something .. hehehe ..

Ashley

Racoon man,

I ask you a simple question to be puzzled out. Are you looking at a symptom or a cause?

This question comes from my place as a outskirter, that is an alienated :lightbulb individual. Is it that I am sick or is it that society has deemed me sick?

Prostitution in America is ugly, just like drug use is ugly. But is it ugly because those things are ugly or are they ugly because we make them ugly?

What happens if you regulate and encourage, these lifestyles? what happens if strippers pay income tax and are elegable for benefits? what happens when the, now, illegal system is made legal? When prostitutes have to live up to minimum standards and go in for medical check ups?

I firmly believe that the cause is the oppression. In making these things taboo we make them ugly and dangerous.

:cup:

Just look at our health care system, who wants to go to a doctor for anything less than a major problem? I don't know about you but i have a rather sizable list of why not to go to a hospitial. It's ugly and dangerous and it is strictly controlled. Almost to the place of being criminalized. ;)

Just thoughts on the subject, oh and Happy, Nice! I hope that was a rewarding and worthwhile endevour. ;)

Prostitution in America is ugly, just like drug use is ugly. But is it ugly because those things are ugly or are they ugly because we make them ugly?

I firmly believe that the cause is the oppression. In making these things taboo we make them ugly and dangerous.

Just thoughts on the subject, oh and Happy, Nice! I hope that was a rewarding and worthwhile endevour. :lightbulb

Yes thank you KAC very rewarding .. I am now at the other end of the scale guiding teenagers .. Life sorta dictated that lol .. I have 3 of em ..

Opression Depression Supression are all highlighted Psychological Issues within this industry .. Yes it is a very dangerous industry .. however it is also another sect of Society and very stereo-typed .. which is why I answer as many questions as I can in relation to this topic ..

The mere question itself .. is born from an idea that .. sex = money and money = sex ..

Any endeavour to up-lift the life of those around us is a worthwhile endeavour ..

Kind Regards

Ashley

Oh yah, the point I didn't address.

Money = sex. This comes from, in the psychoanalytical view, the age old, resources = sex. In hunter gather tribes the women would often trade their resource, themselves, for essential nutrients and supplies from roving bands of males, as men have a tendency to wander and women have a tendency to nest. (just acting parot)

One can view the whole sex, mates, and resources as a kind of Evolutionary gamble. Men are made to have many partners, Women are made to have only a few partners. (I'm a polyamourous Asexual by the way.)

My evidence for this is thus:

Most offspring

As you can see their is a rather large disparage between men and women regarding procreation.

[math]money = sex \propto time[/math]?

yes al that will fall under prostitution.