Science Forums

Spaceship Design

Jay-qu

Name  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Name

here are the results to the last poll, I will be changing it when we get something else to vote on :)

Chemical Rocket 0 0%

Ion Engine / Advanced 0 0%

Solar Beamed Energy 1 7.14%

Antimatter (any variation) 5 35.71%

Solar Sail 1 7.14%

Nuclear Propulsion 3 21.43%

Ram Scoop (or alteration of) 0 0%

A combination of these 1 7.14%

Other 3 21.43%

its not your computer.. the only fix I can think of is reseting the whole poll, which I would rather not do..

but if you tell me which one you want to vote for then i can add it into the count :)

Psst.. I did not even vote for my own suggestion.

Motley Cruiser is just to good

I have no (okay, little) shame... I vote for Motley Cruiser! :cup:

ok time to get this thread going again!

How does everyone envision getting gravity on a ship? if you have gravity at all that is! Do you spin it, do you have a maglev train or do you have some other more exotic solution?

and InfiniteNow I added your vote, it wont say you voted but its there :confused:

For spining gravity, I really like the several decks method. that way you get a range of percentages. Now if we could somehow magicly produce constant gravity, either by means of a gravity generator or somehow maintain a constant 1 g thrust where 'up' becomes forward that'd be cool...but current tech says spinning is best, and I tend to agree.

For spining gravity, I really like the several decks method. that way you get a range of percentages. Now if we could somehow magicly produce constant gravity

What if we had each deck spinning at a different rate? I envision each would rest on a set of ball bearings (or equivalent) and we could adjust the resistance to spin at each deck level. Hence, the spin toward center would be slower than the spin at the outer regions, and all would allow equal pull due to acceleration.