Science Forums

A Warning To Americans

J.B

It is smarter to leave it like it is and strive for the dreams that brought them here in the first place.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I think Pyro has an inexorabley good point, but I also think America hasn't been what it started as, for quite a while lately.

You do realize that they're right, right? White folk took the land....

I think all of you are missing the big picture. Name me one country or continent where there hasn't been a land takeover of one people by another. Istanbul (Turkish) used to be Constantinople (Greek) some half a millenia ago. There are still some Greeks who fume and rage over this and want it back! The Neanderthals were (apparently) overrun by the HomoSaps some 10-20 millenia ago. Unfair! Return it! Even in N.America, there is evidence that some "indigent" people were chased out, killed off, or replaced by other "indigent" people. Look up Anastazi. So?

This is just MY opinion, but I think that if a "people" were kicked out of a territory, they have a right to complain about it for just three (3) generations. If the grandkids of the original tennants can't reclaim grandad's farm, by legal means or by force of arms, then it's history.

The wheel of History grinds very slowly, but it grinds very fine.

In other words, people treat other people badly, have been doing so since the beginning of time, and will do so until the end?...

Hmmm. Okay. I didn't see that interpretation of my post. Thanks.

Let me correct myself. I did not mean that since it has always happened that we should allow it to always happen. Nor that it was (or will be) morally okay or even neutral for it to happen. Mostly, I just wanted to point out that the European takeover of N.America was NOT an isolated, unique, morally singular event. Any more than lions and tigers killing cute fuzzy baby ungulates is gross and disturbing.

As we evolve, legally, morally and politically, it shall (and should!) become more and more reprehensible and less and less possible for one group of people to steal someone else's land. Eventually (soon?) the boundaries between nations should become static and permanent. Later on, they may even become irrelevant.

When we are children, we do some horrible things before we grow up and learn better. I hope the same can be said for cultures.

This is being discussed as though it's an isolated element and not just as much a part of the happenings as what's going down on Capitol Hill, or in British Parliament for that matter. The constantly referenced 'balance' applies to all things. Economics, politics, physical and social evolution, warfare, religion, education, medicine, and so on into infinity.

Welcome to existence! It's a wild ride! I'm so glad we're capable of this sort of introspection that it overwhelms any uncertainty brought about by debates of this nature.

White Americans may soon find themselves unable or unwilling to stand up to challenge the new political methods that will be the inevitable result of the ethnic metamorphosis now taking place in America.

Since when does race have ANYTHING to do with ability or willingness to cope?! I have faith in the natural balance of existence, and am more than willing to do everything in my power to make my perceived world a better place for people, like-minded and otherwise. No one's incapable of 'dealing' with anything in my book. Submitting to fear is just as much an option regarding my willingness to post this response as it is to deal with any political changes.

If we coiled Darwin, and did it up with a few magnets and brushes we could supply electricity to all of New Your City with the power he'd generate whirling underground.

Kudos, gentlemen! With every debate (every thought!) we're edging one step closer to the next level of understanding and universal compassion.

Social, political and economic evolution does not just parallel physical evolution, but they are in fact the same entity. I embrace change and the challenges of adaptation.

I'm 2/3 German and 1/3 Irish. Is it being implied that I should be hacked into thirds and shipped to my respective homelands?

No one is illegal. Every outcome is inevitable.

In other words, people treat other people badly, have been doing so since the beginning of time, and will do so until the end?

The idea, I think is that there is no way to treat anyone badly. In the late 90's pop music even acknowledged that "every begining comes from another begining's end". You cannot throw off the balance, no matter how hard you try and progress is as inevitable as the pain it brings about. That pain I might add is directly praportionate to the advances and comforts.

I'm not suggesting that we should all be passive, but we should be aware and accepting, and take these things into account when we make decisions.