Science Forums

Gravitational magnetic field measured.

Kayra

Sorry for the obscure reference.:)

I thought that Heim theory predicted that strong magnetic fields could be used for propulsion, and this article seemed to suggest something along the same lines.

Connection.. no connection?

Just wildly speculating, as in my heart I so much want Heim theory to be proven correct.

That IS interesting. I'm not sure that it has anything to do with Heim Theory, but it seems to be an investigation along the same level.

I do hope something like this works out - gravity control is the key to taking over... errr....colonizing... err...exploring the universe.

If you have gravity control, even if from an engineering standpoint it requires ludicrous stuff like spinning giant super-conductors at 6500 RPM, then space is matter of will.

If your 4,000 ton space ship could be made to weigh 4 pounds, imagine how much less fuel it would take to get to Alpha Centauri.

Considering that gravity is the sole force that is NOT linked to a "fundamental force" I consider it unlikely that is it a completely seperate animal from electroweak / strong, whatever the kids are calling it now. Although - there's no theoretical backup for that conjecture, beside I really, really hope it's true.

Good find Kayra.

TFS

If you have gravity control, even if from an engineering standpoint it requires ludicrous stuff like spinning giant super-conductors at 6500 RPM, then space is matter of will.

Agreed

If your 4,000 ton space ship could be made to weigh 4 pounds, imagine how much less fuel it would take to get to Alpha Centauri.

Sadly, I doubt that the mastery of gravity will be the same as the mastery of mass. :naughty: That spaceship will still weigh the same in space.. absolutely nothing ;)

But, if a gravity lensing effect can be created that reduces the effect of gravity at a reasonable weight increase, getting INTO space will get a lot easier.

I would sure like to see that Heim theory tested though. TheFaithfulStone is correct though, gravity control is the key to many things in our future.

I thought that Heim theory predicted that strong magnetic fields could be used for propulsion, and this [the Tajmar and Matos experiment] article seemed to suggest something along the same lines.

Connection.. no connection?

I don’t believe there’s a connection.

As I read it, the large (10^11 time larger than General Relativity or Classical Gravitation predict) gravitational forces detected in the experiment could in principle have been detected by moving a very long superconductor in a straight line. In this case, there would be no magnetic field induced, but still a “gravitomagnetic” field.

The term “gravitomagnetic” appears to refer to gravitational effect analogous to magnetic ones, not caused by them.

I don’t understand in detail Tajmar and Matos’s theory, but gather that they consider it evidence of the existence of a photon-like boson for the gravitational interaction – that is, the graviton. It seems pretty complicated and technical, and will likely take a while for enthusiastic armatures like me to make sense of. :naughty:

looks like some one finally made some "real" artificial gravity.
”artificial gravity” – if only a miniscule amount – appears to be an accurate description of this very complicated experiment.

The Tajmar-Plesescu-Marhold-Matos2 experiment is already under discussion in an thread a few hours older than this one, 5933. I suggest we combine the two threads.

Wow.

This fits so well with the Fluid Dynamics Theory and my theory which I decided to call F-theory as of so far anyway (the name has been thrown around before). At least in the logic, that There is a fabric and all things detectable in it are movements/disturbances.

”artificial gravity” – if only a miniscule amount – appears to be an accurate description of this very complicated experiment.

The Tajmar-Plesescu-Marhold-Matos2 experiment is already under discussion in an thread a few hours older than this one, 5933. I suggest we combine the two threads.

That would be this thread :eek2:

GRAVITOMAGNETIC EFFECT, from the mathematical symmetry of conserved mass flow (spinning mass) creating a gravitational field to that of conserved charge flow (spinning current) creating a magnetic field.

http://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/gsp/Experimental_Detection.pdf

http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0602591

1) Podkletnov.

2) Gravity Probe B was two pairs of anti-parallel superconductive 4300 rpm gyroscopes free falling in a 0.7742 rpm housing. No major anomaly vs. housing or reference star was detected over 352 days of free fall. It was DESIGNED to look for gravitomagnetic effects with extraordinary sensitivity and minimal background fuzz. "one hundred million trillion times larger than Einstein's General Relativity predicts" would have been noticed by the grad students.

http://einstein.stanford.edu/

3) Binary pulsars orbit to General Relativity specs within observational error. Pairs of 1.4 solar mass superconductng gyroscopes with equatorial surface velocities of 20% lightspeed bearing huge magnetic fields (10^8 tesla) and observed over months give no anomalies,

http://relativity.livingreviews.org/Articles/lrr-2006-2/

http://relativity.livingreviews.org/Articles/lrr-2005-7/

"one hundred million trillion times larger than Einstein's General Relativity predicts" would have emerged from collected and analyzed data.

4) Gravitons are a mathematical fabrication. There is no empirical evidence that gravitons inhabit physical reality.

5) The researchers used supercon lead or niobium to observe the effect with a piddling 3:1 signal:noise ratio. Both those supercons have critical temperatures below 10 K and critical magnetic fields at 4 K temp of less than a kiloorested. Crappy experiment. It should be repeated at 4 K using Nb3Sn with a critical temp around 18 K and a critical field at least 200 times larger.

Don't worry, its Uncle Al. Rough around the edges but you can be pretty sure its right. Just try to absorb it at your own speed or you may choke or have other deleterious side effects.

Test of faith!

Aunt Buffy

Welcome back Uncle Al!!! :love: