Science Forums

Is there a God? What do YOU think???

IrishEyes

What is your personal belief about GOD??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your personal belief about GOD??

• A. I do not believe in any type of God.
    • B. I do not believe in any personal God.
    • C. I believe that every person is God.
    • D. I believe that God is part of everything and everything is part of God.
    • E. I believe in the God represented in the Bible.
    • F. I believe in a personal God, but not the same God that Christains claim.
    • I am a Freethinker, and therefore have no BELIEF in anything, only acceptance of things.

All roads leads to rome

similarly all religion lends to god

the is the same thing that one hears all this life..................same old thery of one god.......................consider this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evenif gdo exists how will he manage the whole universe by himself...............i suggest something of a senate or a council of gods....................many catering to each division of the universe ....................may be even to each form of life or even to each element..................

but then where are they settled .........................up int the heaven?.....................how much up?.......................questions unanswered.........................this is kind of a joke to be believing in something for which u have no proof that it exists......................do not tell me abt air..............we can prove it exists...................................god enlighten us in this topic

the point is arguing over religion does not help..............

KNOW THYSELF

you must look into your innerself..........there lies the answer to many questions.............how do u do that ......by meditation.........constant and continuous............it not only keeps you mind fresh but broadens it .........so that you start to believe.................you start to understand better..............you start to find answers to question which have been troubling you so far...............we feel god is not there.............meditate..........feel the power of the nature...........be one with it...........the nature will answer u................is there god.............no one might believe at first bbut the answer is there only to be reached rather than found out...........but who in this 21st century will spare his time for things like this..................life has taken the fast pace ,so it has become that you cannot spent time over things that will not ensure u a better future...................

taking abt that...........time i made sure my future is safe

The purpose of a universe is to create life .. the universe we share is undoubtedly teaming with exotic life forms and absolutly spectacular bio diversity .... and yes some have evolved to be far superior in intellect than mankind and are colinising the stars as we speak .. FACT!!!

The improbability that several planetry bodies will harbour life in a single solar system safegaurds cross contamination and it is the stars qualities at the centre of the solar system that determine the bio diversity that a planet will harbour..

It seems so obvious that an atmosphere will be created around every planetry body even if its for a minute time in its evolution..

From light to life couldnt be simpler .. like a gardener turning on hydroponics in a green house ... the seeds for life, chemistry .... The wind to pollenate .. physics ... result ...biodiversity ... possibly infinate .

You may take a veiw that the universe was always there .. possibly a computer simulation of an advanced race or some none created veiw where life is an accident ....

whatever your veiws you cannot deny the complexity of the human mind and the wonderfull biodiversity just on earth .. never mind what will exist in the known universe..

Are we just accidents trying to rationalise a greater design than life itself .... DOUBTFUL ..

THE UNIVERSE IS FOR LIFE ..NO QUESTION ......... WHAT OR WHO WOULD DO THAT? :cup:

"The higher you build your barriers ... The taller I become

The further you take my rights and ways ... The faster I will run

You can deny me , you can decide ... to turn you face away

No matter cos theres something inside so strong ...

I know that i can make it ... though your doing me wrong ....."

... the universe we share is undoubtedly teaming with exotic life forms and absolutly spectacular bio diversity .... and yes some have evolved to be far superior in intellect than mankind and are colinising the stars as we speak .. FACT!!!

Then please provide the evidence that shows either of those speculations to actually be fact.

You ask a question of which you already know the answer............................

Sometimes ,with carefull consideration , good scientists feel it necissery to question the obvious .... but why be apprehensive about foundation?

Why seek a higher design than life ..... The universe is for life and if were the most advanced lifeforms in it .... then what a comedy...

Why seek a higher design than life ..... The universe is for life and if were the most advanced lifeforms in it .... then what a comedy...
a deeper understanding with much objectivity and contemplation will make you understand. oh ya, i forgot i'm not supposed to say those things.

CHADS: ... the universe we share is undoubtedly teaming with exotic life forms and absolutly spectacular bio diversity .... and yes some have evolved to be far superior in intellect than mankind and are colinising the stars as we speak .. FACT!!!

Telemad: Then please provide the evidence that shows either of those speculations to actually be fact.

CHADS: You ask a question of which you already know the answer............................

Who is YOU? Your post directly follows my reply to your post, so is YOU = Telemad?

If so, then you are admitting that your statements of FACT!!! were wrong? Because I don’t see anywhere that you supported them in your reply.

Is there a God? What do I think??? No.

The ONLY god which is biblical based is the Christian one. And if you use the bible as your guide, you either ignore most of it or you also believe

1) the moon is a SOURCE of light

2) the sun is NEVER up at night (tell those in Alaska they are seeing things)

3) one Creation with two different versions.

4) the sky is a metal bowl with holes we call "stars"

5) pi= 3.0

6) snakes "eat" dirt

7) and talk

8) 22,000 = 22,300

9) Insects with four feet

10) Bats are birds

11) Rabbits chew their cud

12) people can live in the belly of a whale

13) people could be "lost" in an area the size of California for 40 years!

14) it's OK to kill (how long should I make the list?)

a) "other" believers

:cup: haughty women

c) misbehaving kids

d) kids that call someone bald

e) women that do not give sexual satisfaction (after killing their husbands and sons)

f) wiccans

15) the earth can stop spinning with nothing bad happening

16) the earth is flat and

17) there is a moutain so high that you can see the entire earth from it.

18) Slavery is good

19) women should stay home, not get educated and dare not talk back to their husbands

i guess you have never heard of metaphor or analogy or parable for that matter. the fall of adam and eve is a perfect allegory for the rise of consciousness and resulting self awareness and morality of the human race. sure its a simplification, i guess we should burn all of brothers grim works as well, huh? some of what you are criticizing is based on a reading from a translated text which is a factor of misinterpretation. for example if one did not understand that the word satan in hebrew has the meaning of advesary or accuser than certain passages could be misconstrued as suggesting god is in fact the devil [1 chron 21:1 and 2 sam 24:1]. and to suggest that because an uneducated mind can look at passages that explane things that HAVE happened and translate them to things that SHOULD happen in his own time the bible actually is marketing slavery and murder as positive social attributes is ludicrous. one can use the bible as a guide and if they are not reading it with a bias see that its main tenets are socially positive: do not kill or judge others and respect your maker. you don't believe in a maker so you reach to distort things you obviously know little about.

I love to see how believers squirm trying to defend the undefensible. Such as this attempt to pretend that no matter how much evidence they DO supply. more is demanded. That enough is never enough.

When in REALITY, NO PROOF IS EVER OFFERED.

Attempts at what they THINK is proof have been mindlessly parrotted for millenia. When as we become better educated on REALITY, these "proofs" each get exposed for the fallacies they are. Thus as none of any substance remain, rather than even attempt to provide proof, we get these excuses.

maybe your not getting the proof you believe does not exist because you are demanding imerical evidence from a FAITH. those who would argue with you about this have obviously forgotten that, though its nice to know you get some kind of sadistic pleasure from their misguided desperation. how exactly do you justify your arrogance in a universe you believe is accidental and has no meaning? talk about pissing in the wind.

*A*theist, "NOT a Theist". A LACK of a Theistic belief.

Until PROOF of a god exists, *A*theism is the ONLY logical conclussion.

why don't you cut the bs. you obviously are not waiting for proof. you have already decided that god does not exit. quit hiding your bitterness for the christian god behind the one definition of atheist that doesn't fit you perspective. you see fit to mock those that believe because you believe the bible is filled with lies. this is all fine and good but it has nothing to do with the kind of a-theism you are talking about. you cannot reject something unless you do not believe in it, unless you 'know' that it does not exist.

And as such it "is very unscientific, and closeminded" to not accept a Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, ... belief.

actually it is scientific to dismiss these things because their origins are historically based. the formulation of the idea of god has no specific history attached to it, the belief was already culturally established when the texts collected and arranged into the tanakh were written. you are simply assimilating information concerning history, scientific data and the written word and SPECULATING that there is no god.