Science Forums

Is there a God? What do YOU think???

IrishEyes

What is your personal belief about GOD??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your personal belief about GOD??

• A. I do not believe in any type of God.
    • B. I do not believe in any personal God.
    • C. I believe that every person is God.
    • D. I believe that God is part of everything and everything is part of God.
    • E. I believe in the God represented in the Bible.
    • F. I believe in a personal God, but not the same God that Christains claim.
    • I am a Freethinker, and therefore have no BELIEF in anything, only acceptance of things.

At least those who believe will acknowledge that you have the free will to choose not to believe.

Only recently and in some countries. Religious intolerance is key to most conflicts in human history.

Everything concerning my faith has come through my belief in Christ as the Son of God.

Which you've learnt from other humans. For example, an Athiest can teach a pupil about a bogus deity which the pupil may subsequently believe in.

i think i heard something about there being... absolutely no contradictions in the bible. tell you what, let's just start from the beginning.

Gen.1:25-27

(Humans were created after the other animals.)

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

Gen.2:18-19

(Humans were created before the other animals.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

and then we move on...

Ex.20:14, Dt.5:18

"Thou shalt not commit adultery."

Hos.1:2

"And the Lord said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms...."

...wine is evil, yes?

Num.6:3

"He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried."

Pr.20:1

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

Is.5:11

"Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them!"

Is.5:22

"Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink."

Rom.14:21

It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Gal.5:21

"Drunkenness ... and such like ... they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

or is it?

Jg.9:13

"Wine, which cheereth God and man."

Ps.104:15

"Wine that maketh glad the heart of man."

Jn.2:3-10

"And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. ... His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. ... Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it. When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine ... the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now."

1 Tim.5:23

"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake."

and just how spiteful is this god person anyway?

Ps.30:5

"For his anger endureth but a moment."

Jer.3:12

"I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever."

Mic.7:18

"He retaineth not his anger forever, because he delighteth in mercy."

versus...

Mal.1:4

"The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever."

Jer.17:4

"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever."

and the clincher.

1 Cor.13:7

"Believeth all things."

Pr.14:15

"The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going."

1 Th.5:21

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

now, if you would, "prove" the validity of the genesis creation story to me.

Many Christians seem to suffer from a little problem where they selectively follow only the parts of the bible that are easy for them to do. Anything that isn't easy for them to do gets ignored. Divorce for instance.

So many Christians get divorced but it is clear that a true follower of Jesus can neither divorce someone nor marry someone who is divorced. There is an exception to the rule, however. If spouse commits adultery, divorce is permissible. Also, the Bible also says that anyone who obtains a divorce and marries another is an adulterer. Remember that 80% of this country is Christian yet we have a 50% divorce rate. A majority of divorces are not from adultery, which implies that Christians are again going against gods word. How many Christians are working on a second, third or fourth marriage? :)

• 5 weeks later...

Now, as you may have gleamed from your shiny new red box, I don't think this type of post serves any purpose on this site. If you want to flame, go to some other Forum where they permit such types of posts... your input is not valued if this is all you know how to do.

Please rethink your post, and try to find a way to incorporate it into the site. This is a science forum... Not a "flame all believers" blog...

I certainly believe there is a God. I know him personally through his son, Jesus Christ. I see evidence of him all around me each day. I feel his presence. God is real.

Got any proof of that or are we just supposed to take your word for it? A picture of god would be nice, video would be better ;)

I certainly believe there is a God. I know him personally through his son, Jesus Christ. I see evidence of him all around me each day. I feel his presence. God is real.

To this post I say "AMEN"

To the moderators I say, "isn't it about time to shut this thread down?" It has gone nearly a month without any posts, until yesterday.