Science Forums

Is there a God? What do YOU think???

IrishEyes

What is your personal belief about GOD??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your personal belief about GOD??

• A. I do not believe in any type of God.
    • B. I do not believe in any personal God.
    • C. I believe that every person is God.
    • D. I believe that God is part of everything and everything is part of God.
    • E. I believe in the God represented in the Bible.
    • F. I believe in a personal God, but not the same God that Christains claim.
    • I am a Freethinker, and therefore have no BELIEF in anything, only acceptance of things.

• 2 weeks later...

Evolution represents FALSE SCIENCE, because it is based on something that we know has never happened: 1) the disorder turns into perfect and permanent order,with a great absorption of energy, spontaneously; a fact that is against 2nd Law of Thermodynamic; and 2) something that cannot be seen: a species turning into another completely different species, or even a wing changed into a leg, for example. None of the millions of fossils found shows an organism in the process of evolution, regardless of the huge amount of time that the theory assigns to every one of these theoretical and incredible changes. An extremely slow process that cannot leave behind, a single sign that could be tracked down? Amazing ! You have to be a very easy believer to accept such a theory. Creationism, however, is based on a fact that we always have seen: if something exist or happens, it is because somebody did it. Not matter how simple it is what we find, we can tell if this is the deed of a human (educated or not) or an animal, or a vegetable, or a virus or a bacteria. Because it is not difficult to identify the subject through the evidences of the deeds. What kind of true scientist will dare to deny the existence of a New Species, just because he or she chooses to think that the deeds found, were done randomly or just by a chance, but that nobody did it ? If you think that this is being a true scientist, forgive me, because I don´t. Who made the flowers of so many different types and colors? Why is glucose the only aldohexose found in blood of humans when we can make 16 different stereoisomers of it IF RAMDONNESS was the driven force of nature? This is just to mention one of the many facts that can be mentioned against ramdomness, and off course evolution. I believe in an Almighty God that had a divine purpose to create everything that exist, including me and you, and it is my greatest pleasure, and joy, and a priviledge to know this. What happens with the knowledgeable intelligent people that deny the existence of our Creator? From my simple perspective, I can see somebody, for whom his or her great intelligence and knowledge has shielden the simple understanding; and that do not want to face the consequences of accepting the existence of a Creator because he or she will have to decide through his living, either accomplish or not His divine purposes. You have to be humble to accept that there is Somebody greater than you to whom you belong, because you are a creature of His Hands. And evem more humble to have the priviledge to decide to obey Him through your life.

Creationism leads you to apply yourself into taking good care of the body that our Creator made for us, by following the good rules that He revealed for those who like to seek in His Word (the Bible) what He wants us to do while we live the time he has given us. The children of God have hope and expect healing through the good medicines that He has created: 8 natural non expensive remedies: 1) Water: for drinking enough (8 glasses daily minimum), far from meals, and for washing yourself properly and for cleaning your enviroment; 2) Air, for the correct breathing so that your tissues can get the necessary oxygen, specially your brain cells; 3) Sun: early morning or late afternoon, never near the noon; 4) Body exercises, outdoors; 5) Right diet, not animal fat, at the right time, as natural as possible, etc.; 6) Adequate resting, never go to bed later than 10:00 pm, but wake up early if having too much work. Don´t take more work than what you can do with resting; 7) Temperance: Restraint or self-control, so that you don´t have excess of any type; and 8) Confidence in your Creator, the knowledge of an Almighty and lovingful Father that watches and cares for you is the greatest strength over the world. God bless all of you!!!

AAV- Please take these comments to the Evolution forum. There are several threads running there that are much more applicable to your post.

I agree with A.A. Villaman because I too am humbled to have the priviledge of living my life in obedience to God.

I disagree with you Biochemist. I believe A.A.V's post belongs exactly where it is and probably addresses the topic question better than any other post. A.A.V has specifically provided the reader with his thinking that there is a God! Evolution is directly opposed to God, therefore for him to mention it as a false science in this thread is not at all out of place to anyone who believes in God, the Creator of all things!

I've read a lot of comments and ramblings in this thread that didn't belong here but this is definitely not one of them.

A.A.Villaman, I commend you for speaking the truth!

Linda, what Bio meant was that there are a couple of threads on these forums dedicated to the evolutionary question alone.

This thread is actually a poll, and you're supposed to vote and explain your vote.

Any specifics can be taken up in new threads, to keep the topics apart. Otherwise, the thread will evolve - :D no pun intended - into a general illegible mish-mash.

Welcome to hypography, by the way.

Ok, two things.

First thing- Rep points to anyone who can tell my why this poll was started. You'll have to do a bit of checking, but the first person with the right answer gets some Rep.

Second thing- As I write this, there have been 83 votes cast. When it reaches 100, I'll close this thread. So if you haven't voted yet, please do so now.

Thanks to all, I've really enjoyed this one a bundle.

:D

Ok, two things.

First thing- Rep points to anyone who can tell my why this poll was started. You'll have to do a bit of checking, but the first person with the right answer gets some Rep.

Second thing- As I write this, there have been 83 votes cast. When it reaches 100, I'll close this thread. So if you haven't voted yet, please do so now.

Thanks to all, I've really enjoyed this one a bundle.

:D

Seems to me it was you who said "i c stars" wasn't it? I gathered it was after you made a statement that you didn't feel you had the "data" to back up a claim you made so, you decided to gather some data through this thread.

I - Identify the problem/question.

C - Collect information.

S - State your hypothesis.

T - Test your hypothesis.

A - Accept or reject your hypothesis

R - Record/report your results.

S - State your conclusion.

I'm one of the 83 that has voted. To answer "Is there a God" I have proclaimed my belief in God, which obviously means my answer to the question is "YES". That's what I think, and that's what I thought was asked of anyone participating in this thread. I hope you have the data that you were looking for, although I can't say that it has been enjoyable to see that there are as many disbelievers as there are believers. My heart is very saddened by that fact and I will continue to pray for those who do not yet know God.

Good job, LindaS.

It was last year when I thought of this thread. I made a comment about there Christians being very outnumbered here, and a staunch atheist friend of mine asked what type of facts I had to back up that claim. So I decided to do the poll. Of course, it took a bit before I found the right wording to make most everyone happy. ;)

And I agree that it's sad to see so many people that don't believe in God. But at the same time, it's also kinda cool to see that, even in this science forum, there are still just about as many people that DO believe in God. Actually, as I write this, there are 24 people that claim the god of the Bible, and 8 that accept a non-Christian God, while 11 others have some sort of God-idea. We have 15 'freethinkers', and 22 that don't believe in any type of God.

Actually, it was quite surprising to me, to see those numbers.

I'll post more when we get 16 or so more people.

I should love to participate in your poll, but, despite the cornucopia of options I cannot find one to fit me.

I believe there may, or may not be a god, or even a God, or lots of gods. His/Her/Its/Their role/powers/knowledge are a closed book. I am unreservedly uncertain and adamant in my devout agnosticism.

irisheyes, why is it sad to see so many people not believing in god?

actually, now that i type this, i realize that it is your opinion. and mine is completely differet. so i guess i'm just curious to know your opinion.

What is your opinion, and what is your stance?

I should love to participate in your poll, but, despite the cornucopia of options I cannot find one to fit me.

I believe there may, or may not be a god, or even a God, or lots of gods. His/Her/Its/Their role/powers/knowledge are a closed book. I am unreservedly uncertain and adamant in my devout agnosticism.

so in otherwords, you are confused? well...I will most difinately tell you this. There IS a God..so Atheism SHOULD be out of the question. then what you do is search for the truth.

witchcraft...who believes that there is some strange stuff goes on with that, and that some evil supernatural?

so in otherwords, you are confused?
On the contrary, I am not at all confused. I find no problem (or confusion) with simultaneously believing there is and there is not a god. Think of it as the psychological equivalent of Schroedinger's Cat. When my waveform collapses, I shall know (or not, as the case may be).

But thank you for your concern.

eMTee and Harzburgite, I think what Irish's intentions were here was to throw your vote in the slot, and duck. If you have any other opinions regarding this issue, please start up a thread related to it. Otherwise the 16 people we're still looking for will think its a discussion, and not vote, and... hell - I'm sure you get my drift.

I'm probably being slightly anal here.