Science Forums

Hypography is a Diary

Racoon

Looking through the tools that Hypography has to offer, I must say that it is practically a Diary of thoughts.

This is Racoon's 500th post.

I looked at the "all posts by Racoon" to discover that my postings and mutterings are indeed cataloged by date and time and number.

You already knew that, but you can also look over other members "Diaries".

You can track your Mental Progression through the game we play called Hypography. :D

Well designed Tormod. :lol:

Hypography does more than serve as an Intellectual Forum.

It is a Virtual Diary of all its members. :cup:

It is a Time Capsule of Ideas, Science, Comradeship, Stories, Insight, and Experience.

Play Ball! :) :D :D :)

Diaries tend to be expressions that are implicitly secretive. While we do maintain a degree of anonimity on Hypography, we generally post with the knowledge that someone will read it, and potentially respond. There are parellels, but there are things that I would not write here which I may otherwise put into a personal journal...

Cheers. :doh:

Diaries tend to be expressions that are implicitly secretive. While we do maintain a degree of anonimity on Hypography, we generally post with the knowledge that someone will read it, and potentially respond. There are parellels, but there are things that I would not write here which I may otherwise put into a personal journal...

Cheers. :doh:

While this may not be my secret journal of innermost thoughts. My alter ego "TheBigDog" lives transparently within the threads of Hypography. I like to think of us a something similar to "The Justice League", where we know each other as fellow champions of good, but maintain our secret identities even from each other.

Bill

I would rather draw a paralell with what is known as
Chaupaal
in northern india, where people get togather to chatter and futroo, the advantage is that hypography is almost global and open 24 hours a day.

Is that anything like a Chataugua? ... the thing the narrator/author (Robert Pirsig) was writing in "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance."

Cheers. :hyper:

One might think. Diary means: " a daily record ", Journal.

Its a Diary of Thoughts to the degree that you are writing down what you are thinking and perhaps feeling. Which IS a Diary.

One Could associate a Diary with personal feelings and secrecy.

But a diary doesn't necessarily have to be full of secrets or intimite thoughts and feelings.

Besides, what is said/typed/read on this site, HAS a lot of emotional context with personal experiences. :shrug:

Its also dated.

You can track your and Others thought Progression! (Perhaps Digrestion:) )

My point is, That this site was intelligently designed, And I like that I can track my Ideas. I don't have to write it twice.

Its my diary of sorts!

Dear Hypography,

Today I played with the hypnotizing wheel when I first got up. Mastered it pretty well, and even did it 2 man with #4. He likes this smilie -->:hyper: He is rollerskating with me in my new Avatar.

Seemed like it was going to be a nice day, so I went outside. But looks were deceiving. Brisk wind coming off the lake. So we played on the trampoline, took some pictures and went back in.

Going to write some more on the book tonight before I go to sleep. 5 pages. Good bad or ugly. Edit later.

Bill

Dear Diary,

I had the most amazing dream. She was 5'6", slender, and had an athletic muscle tone, but not all "body buildery." She smelled of lavendar and lemons, and spoke with a tone which called to mind ethereal clouds and morning dew. We went together into the sailboat and uncorked a bottle of red... it was luscious and velvety with well developed tanins and a hint of peach blossoms.

She reached across and grasped my hand, wantenly staring into the vastness of my eyes. Her gaze was intoxicating, and welcome. She then whispered gently in my ear, proclaiming the central tenets of quantum gravity, describing her calculations with the precision of an expert, explaining in terms that a even preschooler could grasp...

:confused: Then the alarm went off... DRAT!!! :hyper:

Time to make the donuts... ;)

I can see how hypography could be considered a diary of some sort.

I keep a journal.... mostly for documentation of thoughts that I have.

But also for crappy doodles, small masterpieces, poetry, rambling in idiocy, venting, and other such things that people use pen and paper to do.

I find that everytime I start a new journal, I seem to have a different voice.

It makes me feel like a new person, probably because I only start a new journal once every couple months or so. Every journal I've started, has been during a different time of my life.... with a different writing style.... hypography almost feels like a journal with it's own unique writing style.

Weird way to think of it.... but I like it.

No! Hypography is not a diary, nor was meant to be;

Is an interesting forum, one that will do,

To swell a progress, start a serious discussion or two,

Advise a needy; no doubt an easy tool;

Deferential, glad to be of use,

Politic, cautious and meticulous,

Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;

At times, indeed almost rediculous---

At most, at times, the Fool.

(With opologies to Rev. T. S. Eliot

adapted from "The love song of J Alfred Prufrock)

I can see how hypography could be considered a diary of some sort.

I keep a journal.... mostly for documentation of thoughts that I have.

But also for crappy doodles, small masterpieces, poetry, rambling in idiocy, venting, and other such things that people use pen and paper to do.

I find that everytime I start a new journal, I seem to have a different voice.

It makes me feel like a new person, probably because I only start a new journal once every couple months or so. Every journal I've started, has been during a different time of my life.... with a different writing style.... hypography almost feels like a journal with it's own unique writing style.

Weird way to think of it.... but I like it.

wow, creepy!

i think the exact same thing about all my different collections of writings. some are different notebooks and such where i had multiple surges of writings inside, each one being completely distinct from the next.

and everytime i start a new journal, i am in a completely different state of living from the previous, and i have completely new ways of experimenting with the things i say and do, especially in the book.

I might like Pepsi, you might like Coke... To each his own... same with books.

Personally? I enjoyed it. Not my normal literary faire by any means, but an enjoyable read all the same.

Cheers. :naughty:

i just figured with a title like THAT it would HAVE to hold some interesting topic