Science Forums

Hypography is a Diary

Racoon

i just figured with a title like THAT it would HAVE to hold some interesting topic

It does. It's basically a story about a man and his son taking a trip on a motorcycle. During the trip, the narrater recalls many things from his past and how he had come to understand the absolute nature of reality. He was a professor who went too far into the unknown and went a bit wacky, having a breakdown many years previous to the trip... His family stayed with him, and he had no recollection of the thoughts about reality he'd had, essentially blocking it out, until he and his son began this trip on their motocycle. He speaks of reality and zen in terms of how people approach fixing a motorcycle... It's pretty well written, and from what I understand, it was hugely popular when it was first released.

It does. It's basically a story about a man and his son taking a trip on a motorcycle. During the trip, the narrater recalls many things from his past and how he had come to understand the absolute nature of reality. He was a professor who went too far into the unknown and went a bit wacky, having a breakdown many years previous to the trip... His family stayed with him, and he had no recollection of the thoughts about reality he'd had, essentially blocking it out, until he and his son began this trip on their motocycle. He speaks of reality and zen in terms of how people approach fixing a motorcycle... It's pretty well written, and from what I understand, it was hugely popular when it was first released.

wow... when I first saw the title, it didn't appeal to me because it sounded like most of the book would be a guide to maintaining your cool while fixing a bike or something. but now I'm interested.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Hypography Diary,

I am stretched as tight as a bow string & either I let fly some arrows or break the bow. Thanks Hypog for making yourself available as a good target with a safe backstop.

It is an unfortunate fact that I sometimes do my best work when I balance on the edge of breakdown. What's a waldo to do?:eek: :)

Arrows here,

and arrows there,

launch them out,

by air of care.