Science Forums

Is George W Bush a complete moron ?

clapstyx

FIS, is correct, I have been unable to convince any one that the President as certain rights to protect the integrity of the Executive Branch. Going round and round, ending up in the same spot, makes no sense. This then my last post on this thread;

*The Executive Privilege Show Down* by Reynolds Holding published by *Time* 3/21/07. My source and some one else's version of all I say..on EP.

Washington the first to use and tested under Mayberry vs. Madison 1803, declared the Presidents right to *Candid and Confidential advise from staff*.

Many times since, by the way...Also in this article is "Bush has Rarely invoked EP", Eisenhower and Clinton the most.

Most argument on this thread involved this right as somehow unconstitutional or used to keep the public from knowledge. In the cases of Clinton/Nixon the SC, did rule against the office, however when tested the right has been held up, since the Constitution was vague of this issue.

Buffy; we surely do expect decisions to be made on our behalf. We send all levels of government to Washington DC, just exactly for that purpose.

Craig; I have found your comments the least political motivated with a sense of Government in your words. I do however disagree, that those eight relieved Judges were in someway an Illegal Act. IMO, even if they were fired the prerogative was in the hands of Bush w/o any advise/consent from Congress suggested or required.

Referring to many of the post and to much of the *Bush Hating* going on, I feel its lies in other than rational thought. The poles that break down Party affiliations, generally show this thought, the vote tallies in Congress and the advocates seen on TV and the newscast daily are all predictable by these affiliations. This in my mind is ashame, recalling the days when WW II was over or the days after 9-11-01, even to a degree when Reagan was President, people seemed to be united in goals and hopeful outcomes. It may be that Republican/Democrat is the dividing line, opposed to Liberal/Conservative values, which I not only have practiced but believe where the future will come from, in the US and possibly the World.

I am not going into the Cuban Medical System, their distributing of the workforce to Venezuela or the 80% of received wages for their work going back to Castro. Anytime choice under the law is removed from an equation, I will get off the ship.

Shortly, I fear were going into a Democratic Controled US Government. A system that gave us the beginning of todays Welfare System and I am hearing an 11 Trillion Dollar expense, since 1965 and Jimmy Carters misery index. Where government is allowed to grow and Capitalism will suffer. This is what I see in the desire of many in this country as good things. All there problems and all the hardships on the public for years will be placed on Bush II head, maybe for years in the future. My little effort to offset this has certainly been in vain, but then the future belongs to those that make it and my generation has passed the torch.

I have been unable to convince any one that the President as certain rights to protect the integrity of the Executive Branch.

Again, you completely miss the point. Nobody here has even begun to argue against the fact that the President has certain rights to protect the office. Nobody here needed such convincing. The thoughts being expressed indicated a general distaste at the extent to which the protections of confidentiality and executive privilege have been morphed and exploited to cover up agendas, disguise intent, and avoid shame and embarrassment where it's clearly due.

Shortly, I fear were going into a Democratic Controled US Government. A system that gave us the beginning of todays Welfare System and I am hearing an 11 Trillion Dollar expense, since 1965 and Jimmy Carters misery index. Where government is allowed to grow and Capitalism will suffer.

If you truly believe the Democratic party is the same as it was decades ago, and that it is the source of all problems that could possibly come about in a nation, then your bias is only surpassed by your inability to get the point. This is not a democrat/republican, liberal/conservative issue. Anyone could easily argue how poor our position in the world has been made by republicans, but the issue here is your continual archaic need to demonize a specific group and paint them with the brush of false generalizations.

All there problems and all the hardships on the public for years will be placed on Bush II head, maybe for years in the future.

No, not all, but yes, several will. You know why? Because he IS responsible for many of the ills and hardships you reference. To continue defending him blindly does little service to your country, and actually displays contempt for your fellow human being.

My little effort to offset this has certainly been in vain, but then the future belongs to those that make it and my generation has passed the torch.

Oh well. You didn't listen to me. Now it's your problem. Nothing I can do to help. You gone done did it now. If only you knew just how good you have it with this President, and how lucky you are he reminds you of why his mistakes aren't punished. :doh: Gimme a break. :cup:

Going round and round, ending up in the same spot, makes no sense. This then my last post on this thread

You'll be missed, incoherent troll-like babble is often frustrating, but rather humorous in the long run. ;)

Anyone could easily argue how poor our position in the world has been made by republicans, but the issue here is your continual archaic need to demonize a specific group and paint them with the brush of false generalizations.

ROFLMAO :bouquet: Sorry

Nobody here has even begun to argue against the fact that the President has certain rights to protect the office. Nobody here needed such convincing. The thoughts being expressed indicated a general distaste at the extent to which the protections of confidentiality and executive privilege have been morphed and exploited to cover up agendas, disguise intent, and avoid shame and embarrassment where it's clearly due.

Hello InfiniteNow,

A couple of years ago in Australia our federal executive (Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers) de-evolved the power they had over their individual departments to their respective department heads. The department heads then proceeded to sell off all of their departmental assets. Around a year later the federal executive regained the power over their departments (and what little assets were left).

Now our 'honourable' executive members can claim quite honestly that they didn't sell off their departmental assets (as well as all our other national assets). While they deliberately created a deterministic process that could only result in the sale of those assets, they didn't actually sell the assets themselves.

I just bet that DC had writers cramp after being given the keys to the family car for 125 mins, I just hope he didn't sell it and try to hide the fact.

I just bet that DC had writers cramp after being given the keys to the family car for 125 mins, I just hope he didn't sell it and try to hide the fact.

A scary thought, indeed. Unfortunately, it's likely very true.

[sarcasm]

Fortunately for us, there's nothing to worry about since Mr. Cheney wasn't even in the White House:

Doctors remove 5 polyps from Bush's colon - CNN.com

During the procedure Vice President Dick Cheney assumed presidential power. Bush reclaimed presidential power at 9:21 a.m. after about two hours.

<...>

Cheney, meanwhile, spent the morning at his home on Maryland's eastern shore, reading and playing with his dogs, Stanzel said. Nothing occurred that required him to take official action as president before Bush reclaimed presidential power.

Sure is a good thing that no business can be done outside of DC from someone working remotely on Maryland's eastern shore. :hihi: :zip:

[/sarcasm]

:eek2: :D :yeahthat:

I won't disagree that W is unpopular. But public opinion to me is worth a steaming pile of poo. Similarly, anti-Bush statements from politicians, journalists, etc. that sound like "Americans want.. are ready for..." and/or site polls come across to me as propaganda with no real plans for progress.

For those who think that polls and the opinion of the governed are useless, please disregard the below (as if you needed my permission :phones:):

washingtonpost.com - Disfavor for Bush Hits Rare Heights

Apart from the fact that it seems to be mis-linked, did you read and comply with this before posting more than one excerpt? I'd say it's safer to post just the link.

Fortunately for us, there's nothing to worry about since Mr. Cheney wasn't even in the White House:

Hi Infi,

Yes, he was in a holiday home just down the road from Donald Rumsfeldts house.

Sure is a good thing that no business can be done outside of DC from someone working remotely on Maryland's eastern shore.

So, the secret modification to your constitution that said 'all presidential orders must be signed in the White House and could not be signed elsewhere and brought in later', was signed the last time DC had the keys? Tricky Dicky

Acting on Impeachment - CommonDreams.org

Instead of a sex scandal, as with Clinton, there is a serial constitutional scandal oozing ongoing repeated constitutional crimes. For which alas, there is only one constitutional remedy arranged by the framers - impeachment.

<...>

It is time to hold the Bush-Cheney-Administration responsible for their indefensible acts.