Science Forums

Is George W Bush a complete moron ?

clapstyx

"we"??? checking back only to May 1st, your have made no contributions to this thread.

I was trying to steer the conversation back on track by making a joke. I've actually been following the WM discussions and find them interesting at times, but it's OT.

Infinite; Prominent issue...The president of the US is a complete moron. i might suggest we brought the subject up from that rat hole, at least for awhile...

:rant:

:turtle:

I don't think he's a complete moron. I do think he makes some moronic decisions sometimes and some of his public addresses could be called moronic, and even humorous (as in not laughing with him).

But the above could be said of many presidents.

Sirius Sat Radio and XM are probably going to both go broke, are not tree huger are also fighting FTC for a favorable ruling. Whole Foods and tree hugging or environment movements as SIRI/XMSR do not calculate. for the record however, if the final recommendation of either is negative, i would disagree with that decision.

What? :turtle:

I'm not sure what you mean.

Back on Topic:

WRONG! No - not a complete moron. Besides, being wrong all the time does not make one a moron.

NEXT ISSUE!

On a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 representing impossibility and 10 representing complete metaphysical certitude, what is the chance of this thread proving Godwin's Law?

Freeztar!

TFS

[psst... the answer is 10]

What were we discussing again?

I seem to remember something about Bush...

Huh! what ?? Ooh

now I remember Bush ya that it Bush forgot to vote---:bounce:

He's is OK, done some good stuff and some bad stuff,:winknudge:

I think he's got an agenda that may or may-not totally kosher, (his OIL dealings) but that is an other thread.:daydreaming:

(and when I'm listening to him on the radio I keep picturing Bozo the Clown) :sleeps: :bounce: :bounce: :sleeps: :sleeps:

Bozo the Clown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NEXT ISSUE!

On a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 representing impossibility and 10 representing complete metaphysical certitude, what is the chance of this thread proving Godwin's Law?

Freeztar!

TFS

[psst... the answer is 10]

Huh?

wtf you talking about man?

:daydreaming:

freeztar is never an answer to any question. freeztar spits in the face of Godwin's Law!

TFS; The FTC, has opposed the potential merger of Sirius/XMSR under the premise, it would be a monopoly, which if fact it would be, but to a degree only. The problem here is neither company is going to survive, in the long run, w/o shutting down the competitive spirit of the two. they are in affect their own entity with in the media business, but for competitive reasons do not offer advertisements or benefit from the cash flow, the reason media can survive in the first place. as one company, they then would effectually be in competition with NBC, CBS, Fox and ABC, offering advertisements and the only advantage being the ability for the traveler to keep a continuous program where ever they go. Truck drivers, travelers and so on. on this basis, i would opposed a "no go", from the FTC.

Topic; words have meaning and knowing moron is the highest level of the mentally retarded, i find it hard to equate my president and all Americans as feeble minded. as for decisions made, and i feel the real problem, the conviction they are made stuck to and enhanced on are as most of the great leaders of the past have portrayed. disregarding the reasons, when a decision is made to wipe out terrorism, regardless of a time element, to give the Iraq people a chance at freedom, to rid the Philippines of terrorist, or to help the Africans from the effects of Aids, he has stuck to these and other decisions through the best and worst of times. its a quality, i rarely see and with the choices available in 08, i see no continues of this conviction.

disregarding the reasons, when a decision is made to wipe out terrorism, regardless of a time element, to give the Iraq people a chance at freedom, to rid the Philippines of terrorist, or to help the Africans from the effects of Aids, he has stuck to these and other decisions through the best and worst of times. its a quality, i rarely see and with the choices available in 08, i see no continues of this conviction.

Do you drive your car using this "quality" described above?

"Honey, you're about to go off of a cliff. You might want to consider slowing down or perhaps changing direction."

"BAH!! I've decided that this is the best route to our improved future, and I'm sticking to it. History will judge my decision and reward my conviction! :evil:"

Convictions are not a bad thing, but when they are based on fundamental religious values, I do not think they represent the majority of Americans.

many times i have questioned the possibility of a religious foundation in Bush's decision making and will not rule out the possibility now. i will say in all probability, they are not made on the Christan/Islamic/Jewish differences and the words used to express his decisions suggest this. as a nation we back the Jewish (complete contrary (no Jesus) to Methodist- think his) and he refers to Extreme when referring to certain cleric and governmental leaders under Islamic law or in control of a country. I might also suggest a re-visit to his recent Indonesia visit, which equaled a rock-star welcome in a near total Islamic Country.

are you saying, the majority of Americans, DO NOT share his religious values. in this case he does not reflect my agnostic opinion, but has lived a life of values i hope my kids will, including some alleged indiscretions which we all live through.

Infinite; national policy and driving on a road, for some reason are not good analogy in my opinion. were talking a thousand issues, but in many cases, the altering of policy with in an operation is nothing new. WWII, for example was from no involvement to total involvement, near defeat and after many errors a final victory on both fronts. the decision which Truman made, today is questioned and those people questioning now and those on Dec. 6th, 1945 would rather see the US speaking Japanese or still fighting the War, for some notion that war is never necessary.

The Bush Doctrine, primarily states that to harbor, fund or in any way sponsor terrorism will NOT be tolerated by the US government. if this statement is heading for that cliff, then were going over and you best fasten your seat belt.

The Bush Doctrine, primarily states that to harbor, fund or in any way sponsor terrorism will NOT be tolerated by the US government. if this statement is heading for that cliff, then were going over and you best fasten your seat belt.

The statement is not pushing the accelerator pedal. The statement is fine. It's the continually failed execution of it that is the problem. The lack of accountability. The pissing all over the rest of the planet in the process. The economic short-sightedness... The... ad infinitum.

So I say again,

It appears that you've bought into Bush talking point number one: Everyone else, not the man in charge, is responsible for the problems with which we are confronted. His approval ratings actually do mean something. The perception of the rest of the world is actually relevant here. Lack of credibility, continuted shifting of blame and intentional misdirection, ineffective policy, misleadership, and corruption are at the root of Bush’s problems... and you sugget that we're simply looking at things incorrectly.

I would suggest Bush, is a realist understanding that to ignore a problem which is not going to vanish by this action and will need attention someday whether a year off or twenty. IMO; he feels to have ignored problems which his Dad and Mr. Clinton did do, for whatever reasons, he had the opportunity to begin the actions society may not have accepted in the past. going a little further, these actions, if not followed through with, in the future will mean the end of the US as a major world power, economical or militarily. he feels, IMO if things in the end work out, another viable democratic Islamic Nation in the reason (Iraq), an Afghanistan that can come from nothing to a minimal participating economic nation and that participation of women in all societies, even if not equal to their male partners, if oil producing nations can operate under the rule of law w/o fear of militant groups, then what ever the historian say will be just fine with him....GOOD OR BAD. he does understand, i am sure, who ever is in office when the final victory or the defeat, that person will get the credit or blame, by the same historians.

The statement is not pushing the accelerator pedal. The statement is fine. It's the continually failed execution of it that is the problem. The lack of accountability. The pissing all over the rest of the planet in the process. The economic short-sightedness... The... ad infinitum

So I say again,

you will have to explain under what conditions the President is to give accountability to you. they all try in the public arena, but this is for political reasons and rarely acceptable to half the people. Foreign policy in the US is directly linked to the president, the responsibility of that office, with in some cases the requires congressional approval, which he has had....

economic short sightedness??? please, the US and for that matter the world economies are at all time highs, despite 9-11, all the other terrorist action, Katrina or whatever minor issue your implying.

no doubt the leaders of Iran, No. Korea, Cuba, Venezuela and much of the Radical Islamic Clergy would agree with you that the US President is a nuisance to there objective goals, however most places this is not the thought. frankly elections around the world in recent months have indicated the opposite.

"everybody else's error" is the opposite of what he is. he takes responsibility in areas i feel, he had nothing to do with the problem, Katrina for instance.

he gives credit for jobs well done, by the many that have left his administration over the years. speaking of talking points, its my understanding much of what you say is found on *moveon.org* which many in the media and those running for office use....maybe even the terrorist themselves.

many times i have questioned the possibility of a religious foundation in Bush's decision making

I'd say it's a known fact.

Bush, who says he reads the Bible daily, acknowledges his fundamentalist beliefs.

Get the full story over at...

Nieman Watchdog > Commentary > Bush's fundamentalism seen as a decisive, negative factor in his policies

he gives credit for jobs well done, by the many that have left his administration over the years. speaking of talking points, its my understanding much of what you say is found on *moveon.org* which many in the media and those running for office use....maybe even the terrorist themselves.

Look... over there... a terradactyl! :omg:

Okay, given that we have established that George W. Bush is NOT a moron by the commonly accepted definition I propose a different question.

Is George W. Bush a heartless plutocrat OR is he a jackbooted fascist?

Where's the option for court jester, hmmm Mr. Commie? :omg:

its my understanding much of what you say is found on *moveon.org* which many in the media and those running for office use....maybe even the terrorist themselves.

Damn it I wish the internet had sound, that way you could hear my trying to choke back hysterical peals of laughter, then cackling like a mad-man for five minutes, then breathless sighing and wiping the tears of laughter from my reddened face.

And afterwards, you could hear me chuckling softly to myself as I write this post. And maybe even saying quietly -

"It was the ellipsis that made it."

:omg:

TFS