Science Forums

What is the supreme element influencing the the way the universe works

adam_rockstar

There are theories that strings vibrating at different freqeuncies are the fundamental thing of nature. Its called string theory. But i dunno, i dont think time is the fundental thign of the universe since motion is more fundamental. Because thats where time comes from. Light does affect the way space and time behave. And light does interact with electrons as seen in teh photoelectric effect.

This is a very interesting topic and i hope to hear more views and opinions on it.

BTW, welcome to hypography:) :shrug:

:eek: :cup: :shrug: The supreme element is the force of interaction,association and dissociation subsequently. which concentrates,focuses and generates an organization,a hierarchy,a tree,a cluster,a structure, signal transduction cascade,a proton pump,a helix-turn-helix,zinc finger,leucine zipper,a virus particle etc...:friday: :phones: :shrug: :beer: :cup: :fly: :eek: :shrug: :friday:

My vote is for the photon as the basic particle of the universe. If you look at the electromagnetic spectrum, it ranges from radio waves of 30 Hz to Gamma rays of 300 EHz(300 X 10^18). As you move from low frequency to high the amount of energy in the wave gets very high, energy and mass are related by E = MC^2. If there was away to keep increasing the frequency of photons they would turn into an electron. Increase the frequency more and they turn into quarks.

My vote is for the photon as the basic particle of the universe. If you look at the electromagnetic spectrum, it ranges from radio waves of 30 Hz to Gamma rays of 300 EHz(300 X 10^18). As you move from low frequency to high the amount of energy in the wave gets very high, energy and mass are related by E = MC^2. If there was away to keep increasing the frequency of photons they would turn into an electron. Increase the frequency more and they turn into quarks.

Yep.

Energy equals mass, and a photon is the fundamental unit of energy.

Therefore, all mass is slowly sublimated through electromagnetic emmission in the form of photons. Even the universe itself is slowly diluting, the MBR being misinterpreted as a relic of the Big Bang is actually the universe melting away in the big void, until all that will be left will be a sea of very dim photons.

(This is only an idea... - don't blow me up for this, okay?:) )

Yep.

Energy equals mass, and a photon is the fundamental unit of energy.

Therefore, all mass is slowly sublimated through electromagnetic emmission in the form of photons. Even the universe itself is slowly diluting, the MBR being misinterpreted as a relic of the Big Bang is actually the universe melting away in the big void, until all that will be left will be a sea of very dim photons.

(This is only an idea... - don't blow me up for this, okay?:) )

>>>>>>>>>>Bang, you're dead.>>>>>>>>>>> just kidding............Infy

So energy would appear to be the fundamental element to how the universe works. In quantum theory, no spot in the universe can have zero energy, and so the universe at the fundemental detectible element is energy.

So where does time fit into energy?

If energy travels through energy it can adjust its "time" according to its velocity in reference to a static field. Light energy would then be instantaniously send information in all directions, since its time would haulted to the rest of the generally slowly moving universe. Our redshift being a cause of the stretching of instantanious light energy? And not instantanious to anything other than the light wave itself.

Is this a possible explanation or starting point for the universal constant? Light instantanious - space contraction maximum - zero time field. Step by step down from this constant opens up the universe to our concept of it?

• 1 month later...

Symmetry... is the supreme influence in the universe... undersand that everything has to work together.. ever since the universe began with the explosion of a primeval atom, it has been expanding.. i bet you this is all done in symmetry, electricity.. a flow of electrons.. symmetry..

undoubtably, most if not all things must work in symmetry... perhaps of time.. and perhaps of space...geometry of space.. it just all seems defined and influences all..

smile all... :Waldo:

It's hard to keep up with Orby's posting pace!

There is No Supreme element...

Like Orby said. " Balance "

Yin and Yang! :Waldo:

Ps. Isn't Helium or Hydrogen the Most abundant element?

Depends on if you follow the classical meaning of "element" as "the most elementary object in the universe, no further divisions," or if you're holding the societal meaning of "that thing on the periodic table of elements."

If it's the second, then Go Hydro! Whoo hoo. The big H is #1!!

If the first... well, I have more reading to do before I can help there. :confused: