Science Forums

Another post on mushrooms

inside the sun

well, they are a poison.

so that right there cant be good at all.

as a psychedelic, it overexcites you.

wearing down your neaural receptors faster.

for example..if you overuse your joints, they will hurt. the cartilige will start to wear down.

if you do a lot of psychedelics, you will wear down on your brain.

BUT, here is something amazing:

alex shurin, the author of Tihkal has synthesized hundreds of his own psychoactive chemicals and has tripped over 4000 times.

he is now in his 80s, and as mentally strong as ever.

he is truly amazing, he lives up on mt. diablo.

i wish i knew him.

as long as you exercise your mind, i doubt psychedelics will ever be a problem when it comes to your health.

I'm sure if you were to find a forum similiar to H.I.V.E. would you get a lot more answers on psychedellic drug usage and creation. Of course I think their website was taken down after a crackdown on someone who was making meth.

I will agree that most drugs will only screw up your brain and burn out braincells. New brain cells are created, but the ratio of burning out versus creating them is higher. It's best not to do drugs unless they are prescribed or else most certainly have many scientific studies on them that they don't damage you. Of course many such as Cannibas Sativa are said to onset schizophrenia with dopamine receptors. Thus, giving a different meaning to dope.

mushrooms do kill brain cells... not quite as much as LSD, but enough to where you want to be concious of how often you're putting these chemicals in your body. Spread your trips out... give your brain time to recover in between trips. Since most of our brain cells go unused for most of our lives, we can train ourselves to tap into the unused parts of our brain to make up for the brain cells we kill (especially when you are young). Just do these things... 1-trip in moderation 2-read a lot 3-have fun(bad trips fry your brain faster than good trips)

you know what though, they kill brain cells right. So whats wrong with killing the brain cells that are bad anyways, like those Insecure brain cells, or brain cells of paranoia, or the brain cells used to act like a monkey, put on baggy pants, and wear so much ****ing jewlery your a walking peice of metal. Whats wrong with killing the brain cells that eat away at your brain or question you when you are wrong. Theirs a little poison in all of us, and theres nothing wrong with using poison to remove that poison?:eek2:

:eek2:

I'll post effects of mushrooms on human body material a but later, first though, no, doing mushrooms for a few days in the row is not good, if you want long lasting effects, you might as well do something that would change your life.... like a friend of a friend of mine who's done acid while on crystal meth, a week long trip, wont do drugs on any kind of regular basis anymore... at least he learned something, right...

As to what exactly they are and what they do, here is a basic explanation with links to expand your understanding:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_basics.shtml

you know what though, they kill brain cells right. So whats wrong with killing the brain cells that are bad anyways, like those Insecure brain cells, or brain cells of paranoia, or the brain cells used to act like a monkey, put on baggy pants, and wear so much ****ing jewlery your a walking peice of metal. Whats wrong with killing the brain cells that eat away at your brain or question you when you are wrong. Theirs a little poison in all of us, and theres nothing wrong with using poison to remove that poison?:eek2:

Well, I think that everytime you trip, it just kills brain cells. doesn't really matter to the chemical what KIND of brain cells... brain cells are brain cells, ya know?

doing mushrooms for a few days in the row is not good, if you want long lasting effects, you might as well do something that would change your life.... like a friend of a friend of mine who's done acid while on crystal meth, a week long trip, wont do drugs on any kind of regular basis anymore... at least he learned something, right...

acid with meth is a ridiculous concept. there is a meth-like high (not chemically, but it feels speedy) to acid, and to use amphetamines with acid is an idea that i wouldn't anticipate anyone seriously attempting.

the paranoia, depression, and jello-like body high of crystal are NOT things i would EVER want ruining the beauty of LSD.

Under the influence of crystal meth, it is frighteningly easy to actually KNOW that EVERYONE can tell you used, and EVERYONE is about to call the cops.

if i felt this on LSD i would wind up hiding in a field all night crying in the fetal position.

Anyway, i've done mushrooms multiple days in a row, and such a mental state is actually not hard to deal with, but i wouldn't exactly call it DEALING with it either. it's more like having your every thought turned upside down and shaken for quarters, only to find that on looking at the ground, there are supernatural fingers warping and beckoning for you to crawl inside the ground after them.

that and chewing on things seems far too appealing for explanation:shrug: