Science Forums

Another post on mushrooms

inside the sun

hmmmm......

considering you know nothing about neurology, and neither do i, i really dont know if that statement is true or not.

well, according to http://www.alz.org/maintainyourbrain/overview.asp thinking might just do something like that; pondering, according to the website, strengthens bonds between existing brain cells and may even create new nerve cells...

actually from reading some of what we know about the brain, that makes an interesting point, brain is a load of neurons (approximately 100 billion of them) connected with a bunch of others (up to 25,000) with nerve cells. so if you were to think havily, and create new nerve cells, from the way i can understand, you effectively can create a new bond between two or more nerve cells making a different way to interpret something, as in your thought process will differ by a signal taking a different route to the destination or missing nodes that it used to hit before, making you think possibly faster about something next time... its like a self evolving processor... wicked cool.... just a thought.

found this about frequent use:

The mushrooms can be fun. One may feel like eating them every day. A - not cool, B - not good. A mental/physical tolerance builds up quite fast: usually three or four times with 7 day intervals cause diminished effect and notably less divine trip. I'd recommend visiting the spiritworld 4 to 10 times a year, for the freshness and divinity of it. Most of us know an acid- or pot-head - a drug abuser. I call acid/ mushroomheads Eraserheads (seen the movie?), as they are often bit paranoid and manic-depressive and dullheaded. It's easy to get bad vibes off the psilos - just do the mushrooms like you'd do alcohol - without respect or any care. So - use the consciousness of turbocharged-monkeybrain we all have. And if you only want to get your brain f'ed up there are better substances for that in the world.

there's lots of interesting info about mushrooms on that site...

I think that mushrooms are fine for most people but should only be taken when you are in the right state of mind. I will always take a day out of my usual doings to relax and subconciously prepare myself for a trip which I find helps me appreciate my trips more and to think more postively.

I known several people who take mushrooms and other hallucinogenics on a regular basis just for the sake of getting ****ed regardless of how much they enjoy it (until recently in the U.K mushrooms were legal when fresh so easily obtained). For many of these people I think it has significantly changed them for the worse and they increasingly seem more scatty and withdrawn.

Becasue mushrooms seem to make you more introspective, many people find subconcious and conscience memories emotions etc resurfacing which if not dealt gives the potential for real phycological problems. I have had times in my life when I have had problems but I always stayed away from halucinogenics as I felt they were doing more damage then good.

However nowadays I always enjoy my trips and more so then other drugs find the experience benificial giving me a better perspective of life and personally making me a more positive person.

I think that mushrooms are fine for most people but should only be taken when you are in the right state of mind. I will always take a day out of my usual doings to relax and subconciously prepare myself for a trip which I find helps me appreciate my trips more and to think more postively.

I known several people who take mushrooms and other hallucinogenics on a regular basis just for the sake of getting ****ed regardless of how much they enjoy it (until recently in the U.K mushrooms were legal when fresh so easily obtained). For many of these people I think it has significantly changed them for the worse and they increasingly seem more scatty and withdrawn.

Becasue mushrooms seem to make you more introspective, many people find subconcious and conscience memories emotions etc resurfacing which if not dealt gives the potential for real phycological problems. I have had times in my life when I have had problems but I always stayed away from halucinogenics as I felt they were doing more damage then good.

However nowadays I always enjoy my trips and more so then other drugs find the experience benificial giving me a better perspective of life and personally making me a more positive person.

precisely.

this is inevitable wisdom aquired with time thru space :xparty:

• 3 years later...