Science Forums

Mushrooms effects ( i didn't know where to put this)

inside the sun

Last night i ate an 8th of mushrooms. It wasn't the first time that i engaged in this activity. Something similiar has happened on my mushroom trips. I feel as though me and the people around me on them can communicate without speaking. We can read eachother's thoughts, its almost like a telepathic thing or something, i don't know if i can explain it. It seams so real too. It always trips me out because i start freaking out abuot what im thinking knowing they are reading my thoughts and saying things without me having to say them, and answering questions to my thoughts. Maybe it is a weird coincidence or thats part of hallucinating, but it seams so real to me. Do i have one hell of an imagination or is there any reason why this might feel like this to me. Any chemical effects? Wtf is going on:shrug:

from my personal experience and observations, i feel i have a good answer to your question, mr. sun.

when you are tipping from a psychedelic like psilocybin, your senses are EXTREMELY hightened. You are also a lot more in tune, and in touch with your self and sub conciouses.

when you think you are reading somebodies mind, you are actually reading each and every muscle on their face, their body movement, everything about their eyes, and so on. you receive feelings from observing such a kinetic being in a heightened state of nonordinary reality.

in the past when ive left the every day realm where walls are stationary, i have encountered numerous events where me and the people around me experience telepathic sequences, but its just in the moment.

its something to wish for, something to trip out about.

i guarantee when this happens youre really thinking about things completely different than what they were, especially when it comes to detail. yes, you both probably reacted the same to something.

but think about emotional reactions.

everybody has their own unspoken definitions in their mind for things like that.

mr sun., you are very right. these things are very hard to explain.

so hard that most of the things i try to explain i usually feel like i will never be able to.

so in a nutshell, you are just way more attentive to people and their movements and ALLLLLLL of that. And also, since you are on a halucinagen, these movements probably make you think of (what might seem random) really strange things that you cant figure out why youre thinking about them!

I experience the same thing when tripping... and it is definately because you are more in tune with your environment. sometimes, i don't even have to look at a person to know what they are thinking about... I can just feel the way their face is moving... I'm able to feel the vibrations coming off of people.

I strongly believe that human beings put off a lot of energy... constantly... and during psychadelic experiences... it's a lot easier to pick up on these vibrations being put off into the air. You can sense other people's emotions in ways other than just facial expressions. Because every emotion they feel puts off some sort of vibrant and unique wave into the atmosphere.

We constantly feed off of eachother's emotions... but don't really have a keen sense of this until we are tripping. That's why, during phsycadelic experiences, it's hard to be around sober people... because they look at you strangely and think that you are mad... and you are able to pick up on these vibes. Psylocybin is definately an amazing chemical. It opens up portions of your brain that you never knew you had. I also think that's where the hallucinations come from... the fact that psychadelics make you use more than the average 15 percent of your brain, makes it so that your imagination runs wild. that's why you are able to learn so much while on psychadelics. Excess brain power.

It opens up portions of your brain that you never knew you had. I also think that's where the hallucinations come from... the fact that psychadelics make you use more than the average 15 percent of your brain, makes it so that your imagination runs wild.

this is completely untrue. ive never ever seen any evidence that supports this, or anything like it at all.

yeah, your imagination runs wild, but that is just because (stated above) you are more in touch with yourself and your thoughts.

i do not believe that psilocybin makes you use 15 percent more of your brain

if anything it is just hyperactivity, and you are using the parts of your brain you usually use, just with faster neural blasts, and more of them.

i do not believe that psilocybin makes you use 15 percent more of your brain

if anything it is just hyperactivity, and you are using the parts of your brain you usually use, just with faster neural blasts, and more of them.

This could very well be true as well... but I really do believe that it's entirely possible for the psylocybin to be opening up portions of our brain that we don't usually use. And I doubt there would be any published evidence of this... I doubt anyone has ever taken the time to catscan brain wave activity during a psychadelic experience... and even if they have, I doubt they'd release the results to the public... because entheogens are still such a taboo.

I dunno, I think there has to be alittle more to it than just being in touch with ones self. How else would you explain YOUR theory on how the human conciousness was developed due to the encounter of entheogens.:cup:

maybe I'm way too optimistic... but I must stick with the idea that entheogens actually do open up portions of your brain.

maybe.

just maybe when i feel like im flying through corridors, and walking through strange doors and strange thoughts,

maybe this really is mind expansion

and not wishfull thinking.

and youre right.

i really do believe that our conciousness evolved from our encounter with these psychedelics, and entheogens of all sorts.

but to use 15% more of our brain is out of the question

WE WOULD BE GENIUSES

maybe its just a measly one percent

or half a percent

that would still be so much

flank your mind with information!!!!!!(Feed your head)

maybe.

just maybe when i feel like im flying through corridors, and walking through strange doors and strange thoughts,

maybe this really is mind expansion

and not wishfull thinking.

and youre right.

i really do believe that our conciousness evolved from our encounter with these psychedelics, and entheogens of all sorts.

but to use 15% more of our brain is out of the question

WE WOULD BE GENIUSES

maybe its just a measly one percent

or half a percent

that would still be so much

flank your mind with information!!!!!!(Feed your head)

oh, I didn't mean to suggest that we use 15 percent MORE of our brains. I was only trying to point out that we only use 15 percent of our brains... and that when people trip, they might use a couple more percentage points of their brain. I probably could have worded it better.

But imagine using 15 percent MORE of your brain.... your intelligence would DOUBLE.... how crazy.

oh. well in that case i would love to see some evidence of that...

but is there any?

there havsnt been enough research on psychedelics and mind

or has there and i just dont know about it?

eh, i agree though. i can think so much faster, and about so many different things at once.

things i havnt thought about in YEARS

things ive never thought about

and things ive thoght about every moment, just now altered.

its truly amazing.

there have been instances where ive just sat in front of my computer for hours, while on psychedelics, and just LISTENED to music.

those instances i have learned so much about music. theory and structure.

i love taking a break from every day life and hearing music in this way.

i come out knowing so much more than i did just a few hours prior.

im sure anybody with passion will come across their desire to know everything about it.

A) Mushrooms make you trip by making your body think it's dieing. You have been poisoned in a very real and severe way; so your brain and adrenal glands pump all sorts of fun chemicals out double-time.

:cup: You might think you're thinking faster and more clearly(I was/am the lamp- post/rock/cat!), but in reality any sober person can run circles around you.

You might think you're thinking faster and more clearly(I was/am the lamp- post/rock/cat!), but in reality any sober person can run circles around you.

but that depends on the kind of thinking you're anticipating as the result of ingestion. a huge factor in my partaking of these chemicals would be for their flow of raw creative power, and the ability to bypass the ego that filters out great ideas for risk of personal rejection.

i think that in more ways than not, the psilocybin experiencing individual is in a superior state of creative thought than the sober one, while seemingly physically disadvantaged

at times it feels as if knowledge itself turns upside down and warps inside out

that is quite the psychedelic way of saying something that is actually true.

all the knowledge you can fathom at the time is seen under so many different lights, from so many different angles....definitely warped around and inside out.

thorough, and almost ridiculous (in a fragmented mannor)

their flow of raw creative power, and the ability to bypass the ego that filters out great ideas for risk of personal rejection.

I agree. There is so much to do in this world, mushrooms make you realize that, the problem is, you realize all of it at once, and if you feel like you've already done it just because you've thought of it, it feels as if there is nothing to do. And also since so many thoughts come at once, it gets confusing instead of just being able to focus on one thing at a time. but your concentration on whatever you do happen to focus on is quite deeper than normal, if you could just focus that energy onto ONE thing instead of the millions that are cycling through your head, you can accomplisch something. But you usually just trip out on the multiple possiablities you think of.