Science Forums

Religious Nuts

cwes99_03

I would solve the problems that had plagued that church. I had an IQ of 180 and total confidence.
That's a pretty lofty goal; but an admireable one; kinda' gives ya' a little insite on why no one ever did it before.
I saw all the illogic and contradictions and knew with a certainty that I could not put enough bandaids on that book to ever have any trust in it again.
Very subjective.
It would take years for me to heal.
I feel your pain Pyro. Not to sound insensitive, but I don't think that changes squat as far as whatever the truth actually is.

I saw all the illogic and contradictions and knew with a certainty that I could not put enough bandaids on that book to ever have any trust in it again.

In short, you gave it six weeks, correct?

And Pyro, if you spent your time trying to clear up the confusion rather than adding to it, I believe you could make sense of scripture, too.

Maybe you could return the favor and throw some scriptures my way regarding some contradictions in the theology forum. I'd love a good discussion.

Your quotes above all use the word 'free'. But READ them. They are not discussing modern political freedom or modern equality concepts. To the Hebrews, 'free' was just the opposite of being someone's slave. That is all. What I see you doing is using pulpit logic. I repeat: no where in the OT or NT is there any cogent discussion of modern political freedom, equality, or other modern sociological concepts we accept so naturally.

What the verses pertain to is the virtues that people build their social and political systems on. One does not need a blueprint on how to integrate these virtues into the legal systems of world governments. The fact is that people CANNOT build a non-free/non-equal government without violating these baseline virtues found in scripture.

FYI, only 2 of 6 verses contained the actual word 'free'. And I think the first passage contains more than you might immediately realize.

I assume the 'equality' verses were acceptable.

P.S. Seperable but intimately related, without equality only part of the people would be free. And without freedom, someone would hold superiority.

In short, you gave it six weeks, correct?

Maybe you could return the favor and throw some scriptures my way regarding some contradictions in the theology forum. I'd love a good discussion.

In short, not correct. I just described the epiphany, that is all.

The scriptural debates went on from time to time for thirty years.

I have been active on numerous theology, philosophy, religion-recovery and science websites during that time.

I don't debate theology any more. I have left that far, far behind me in my quest for truth and a meaningful life. I now live in a natural Cosmos with real Natural Laws, and more than enough mysteries, delights and questions to make my existence meaningful.

Every rare now and then, I trudge down the Mountain of Reality into the Valley of Death to converse with a few troglodytes. I have a few conversations, attempt to inspire the spiritually abused. But I don't do theological debates. It's like playing Bridge with monkeys; they think they have won the game when they eat the cards.

It's time to climb the mountain. Bye, y'all. Best of luck. And remember, the trick is to keep banging the rocks together guys.

okay, i don't think you know anything about the bible, but, i don't know much either.
I’m curious to know more about your opinion on this, goku. Do you think that:

1) only you and Pyrotex (and possibly various other people not under discussion) don’t know anything about the Bible; or

2) some members of this forum know something about the Bible; or

3) no member of this forum knows anything about the Bible; or

4) no living human being alive knows anything about the bible; or

5) no human being ever has known anything about the bible?

2 Separate questions:

6) do you think a person who doesn’t know anything about the Bible can determine if another person does?

7) Do you think a person who doesn’t know anything about the Bible can determine if another person does not?

If your answer is not 4 or 5, and you answer to 6 is “yes”, can you provide an example of a person who you believe does know something about the Bible? Or, better yet, what is your criteria for judging?

PS: Whether you believe in them or not, capitalizes words like God and Bible (my old Sunday School and Bible teachers would smack me if I didn’t suggest this correction :naughty:).

I’m curious to know more about your opinion on this, goku. Do you think that:

1) only you and Pyrotex (and possibly various other people not under discussion) don’t know anything about the Bible; or

2) some members of this forum know something about the Bible; or

3) no member of this forum knows anything about the Bible; or

4) no living human being alive knows anything about the bible; or

5) no human being ever has known anything about the bible?

2, actually several people here know much about the Bible

2 Separate questions:

6) do you think a person who doesn’t know anything about the Bible can determine if another person does?

7) Do you think a person who doesn’t know anything about the Bible can determine if another person does not?

i'm guessing no and no

PS: Whether you believe in them or not, capitalizes words like God and Bible (my old Sunday School and Bible teachers would smack me if I didn’t suggest this correction :naughty:).

you're right, I'll try to do better

the post of mine that you quoted had an error, anything and much were suposed to swich places, i made the corrections. oops, sorry

i think that knowledge of the Bible comes from God.

and seeing how i'm not a good christian, not close to God, my knowledge of the Bible is lacking. greatly. :xx:

It's time to climb the mountain. Bye, y'all. Best of luck. And remember, the trick is to keep banging the rocks together guys.
I think your sense of equalibrium is a little out of whack. Looks like your diving headfirst into a deep dark canyon to me, but hey, have fun. - care for a couple rocks to bang together on you way down?:naughty:

In short, not correct. I just described the epiphany, that is all.

The scriptural debates went on from time to time for thirty years.

I have been active on numerous theology, philosophy, religion-recovery and science websites during that time.

I don't debate theology any more.

I'll just have to take your word for it, then. =)

I have left that far, far behind me in my quest for truth and a meaningful life. I now live in a natural Cosmos with real Natural Laws, and more than enough mysteries, delights and questions to make my existence meaningful.

Every rare now and then, I trudge down the Mountain of Reality into the Valley of Death to converse with a few troglodytes. I have a few conversations, attempt to inspire the spiritually abused. But I don't do theological debates. It's like playing Bridge with monkeys; they think they have won the game when they eat the cards.

Sorry to hear it. To the rest of you, this is what happens when you try to reconcile Christianity with the bible.

it has become chic to denigrate the Christian religion. even the US Gov. is doing it. religious figures such as Falwell, Robertson and others are portrayed as fools and demagogues. even though i agree they have brought much of it on themselves. conversely, any type transgression by Sharpton, Jackson and other liberal reverends are accepted without approbation. i have come to realize that certain people are above reproach or ''sainted '', while the Falwells will continue to be made superfluous and ridiculed. oddly enough, in the interest of multiculturalism and brotherhood, the religions of the Middle East and far east are left alone. if you are a Christian, you can kiss your

customs and traditions goodbye. the good ole' liberals and ACLU along with the men in black will dispense with them within a couple of years.

...if you are a Christian, you can kiss your

customs and traditions goodbye. the good ole' liberals and ACLU along with the men in black will dispense with them within a couple of years.

Well, that's pretty pessimistic; but I appreciate your observation.

It's not over till it's over, and you can be sure that it won'tbe over till long after the fat lady sings.

...when all who are in the graves come forth; some to glory and some to shame.:naughty: