Science Forums

Flying Spaghetti Monsterism

rockytriton

It got massive coverage over the past few weeks (was in Salon.com too, although The Onion has been having a problem coming up with a parody of it: its too out there!). Someone is good at marketing....

If you haven't already, you should check out the FSM web site and even if you have, he's been updating it including a new page of hate mail.

Touched-By-Her-Noodly-Appendage,

Buffy

The hate mails are great. It's amazing to me how people who are so full of Christ's love can be so full of hate and anger. Personally, I believe there is a god, or at least some sort of creator, but I don't pretend to know who or what that is. The great thing about this is that it mocks the people who think they know about these things that they couldn't possibly know about, basically it's just having faith that what your parents told you is true.

You guys beat me to posting this, i was going to do it today, but whatever, less work for me ;)

How popular you ask, I think something in order of something over 10 Million people...

Its a great parody religion, and i really like their stride to push their creationist theory to the point where it will have to get mentioned in schools, thats just awesome, not only are they totally abusing the concept of religion, which in itself is something that appeals to me, and redefining god to a flying spagetti monster, they are abusing the US law system as well.

Its not satire! Its Her Nooodlyness's Own Truth! And those who do not believe will be smothered in Clamsaucehell for eternity! Let her strike me down if I am wrong, but She won't because *I* speak for Her!

Prophetically,

Mother Buffy,

Order of the Sisters of the FSM

I hadn't realised how big Pastafarianism was, until this site showed me the way! As an unknower I had been blind to the world and word of the FSM. Now I see his noodley tendrils everwhere, and many references to her on other message boards and elsewhere.

Definately a large underground organisation, cuningly hiding in plain sight.

I was thinking about this today. It's not a real religion until there has been a schism. It is time for the truth to be told!

I know, unlike many, that the true followers of the FSM for-swore any leaking of the secrets of FSMism onto the internet, as they saw the coming of wireless networking and ordered packets as an affront to the otherwise FSM compliant nature of computer "ad-hoc" networks. However, due to the increasing chaos (and abundant Japanese tentacle picutures) that is the new order of the internet, a small number of followers split away, seeking new pastures and converts on the internet. These relative few have now become many. However, you only ever hear the "vocal minority" online, with the millions of faithful adherents to the FSM still declaring their secret faith in private and in secret.

Here endeth the reading.

Ramen.

boy was that a waste of time

if that was your statement of sorcasm, you need a relevation. trying to convince someone that their religion is wrong, except in your mind, is wrong, for the fact that if you can not prove that your religion is right, because you would have hard time to explain the possibility of god's existance, nevermind actually proving that god exists. back to the point, if you cant prove your beleifs to be right, you cant prove another person's beleifs to be wrong (this does not apply to atheism or agnosticism necessarily).