Science Forums

Top Secret Advancements & the singularity

I've heard that top secret advancements are years ahead of what we civilians see. For example, the airplanes in development in the USA are meant to be 50 years ahead of what we see flying about. Maybe the same is true of the singularity, where technology has advanced to equal or greater intelligence to the human brain. Maybe in some deep bunker in some big mountain sits a HAL trying to outrun civies! - this I think is reasonable.

Furthermore maybe the HAL has permission to use the internet. For all you know maybe UncleAL is the Top Secret HAL.

KiZzI :hihi:

kizzi, thats not a stupid idea. Internet was an invention that toke some years before "get out", for example. There are some more examples but now i cannot remember..i am just too tired. Anyway, its normal that the best uses of technology are used first secretly in war/secret services...unfortunatly our world its dominated by warfare thoughts. Peace its always the last option.

For example, this world its the kind of world that allows some bastard presidents to attack a country as a way to prevent war....guess who did that.

sr-71 was covered up for national security purposes

awesome link

testing of dangerous substances on prisoners of war or volunteers is tough when their are few of each and international law to deal with... drinking water and industrial accidents though are common.

global ufo sightings statistically increase exponentially when earth is closest to mars, how many probes (people?) are sent over during the launch window?

by definition governments have to lie to the people, as long as they aren't corrupt and operate in the best interest of the whole of their society.

sr-71 was covered up for national security purposes

The SR-71 Officially cruised at Mach 3+. In point of fact it was capable of Mach 7+ speed runs and probably low-orbital insertion. Uncle Al knows somebody who watched "Habu" fly. Nobody could figure out how to restart cooled engines at low pressure. An unpowered Blackbird did not glide, it fell.