Science Forums

Homosexual evolution?

EWright

ditto

thank god his claims are scientifically unsubstantiated.

You want to wait until some official gives you the word before you believe it? What if it is too late by then?

Didn't you ever hear the old wives tale about masturbation will make you go blind? You think that is just make believe? If it can make you go blind, what else can it make you do?

You want to wait until some official gives you the word before you believe it? What if it is too late by then?
That's what EWright was saying, its too late for him! Luckily of course, no one except total pervs masturbate, because otherwise everyone would be blind, er, right? I mean:
Didn't you ever hear the old wives tale about masturbation will make you go blind? You think that is just make believe?
If we use predicate logic:

• If you masturbate, you will go blind
  • About 0.4% of the population is blind (source American Federation for the Blind)
  • Therefore, less than 0.4% of the population masturbates, because clearly there are additional causes of blindness.

Sounds like E is in a *very* small group, right? Unless of course the premise is wrong, but it couldn't possibly be wrong, I mean, do I have to have someone tell me its wrong?

Whew, glad I never did that...

Hmm, hmm, hmm, hmm,

Buffy

Didn't you ever hear the old wives tale about masturbation will make you go blind? You think that is just make believe? If it can make you go blind, what else can it make you do?

Old wives tales about masturbation are just that – old wives tales. Healthcare officials do not support them, because they are unsupported or contradicted by scientific medical evidence.

A well-controlled body of medical research has clearly concluded that masturbation of any normal frequency – less than 5+ times a day – has any ill effect on health. What ill effect hyper-frequent masturbation has is primarily due to abrasion of the skin of the genitals – any activity that severely abrades the skin increases the risk of infection. Excessive heterosexual or homosexual intercourse can have a similar ill effect on health.

There’s some evidence that masturbation (in men) results in an specific improvement in health. From a BBC News article “Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk'”:

…Men who ejaculated more than five times a week were a third less likely to develop prostate cancer later in life….
I work in healthcare. Masturbation is not considered a significant in assessing health risks. Male homosexuality is, but this is almost entirely due to the high incidence of HIV/AIDS in non-sub-Saharan-African homosexual men relative to non-sub-Saharan-African heterosexual men and women. This disparity is less pronounced among sub-Saharan-African homosexual men and women.

It is important to note that HIV/AIDS is not caused by homosexual intercourse, but by homosexual or heterosexual intercourse with an infected partner, by infection from a blood product from an infected person, or by sharing needles with an infected person (usually in the context of illicit drug use). It cannot be caught from animals, including monkeys and apes.

Like most healthcare workers, I’ve seen a disturbing number of people with HIV/AIDS, and can visually identify symptoms of the disease in its advanced forms. Like most people, I can recognize stereotypical homosexual dress and mannerisms. I have participated in a controlled study, however, which demonstrated that neither I, nor most people, can distinguish between a heterosexual actor pretending to be gay, and an homosexual affecting gay dress and mannerisms.

That's what EWright was saying, its too late for him! Luckily of course, no one except total pervs masturbate, because otherwise everyone would be blind, er, right? I mean:If we use predicate logic:

• About 0.4% of the population is blind (source American Federation for the Blind)
  • Therefore, less than 0.4% of the population masturbates, because clearly there are additional causes of blindness.

Sounds like E is in a *very* small group, right? Unless of course the premise is wrong, but it couldn't possibly be wrong, I mean, do I have to have someone tell me its wrong?

Hmm, hmm, hmm, hmm,

Buffy

;) --> :( OK, I'm pretty sure, given my physiological responses to Buffy's posts, that it may not be to late for me after all. ;)

or shall we compete for her favour?

oh wait, your just happy she confirmed you aren't.. uh .. you know.. ~that~way...

sometimes i wonder if heinlein wasn't right afterall, smart people shouldn't have to choose, they enjoy both sexes equally since its all in good fun anyway isn't it? you aren't trying to get 1up on *everyone*, you aren't 'in love' with everyone, it should be ok to mess around just for fun shouldn't it?

but then boys are gross and chicks are soft and smell nice.

----

also

what are dibs? what is the etymology of this term?

3 entries found for dibs.

pl.n. Slang

A claim; rights: I have dibs on that last piece of pie.

Money, especially in small amounts.

dibs

children's word to express a claim on something, 1932, originally U.S., apparently a contraction of dibstone "a knucklebone or jack in a children's game" (1692), of unknown origin.

oh...

That's what EWright was saying, its too late for him! Luckily of course, no one except total pervs masturbate, because otherwise everyone would be blind, er, right? I mean:If we use predicate logic:

Hmm, hmm, hmm, hmm,

Buffy

Would you know if you were blind? If you were born with one eye, and your entire life was living with one eye and that limited field of view, wouldn't you believe that you were normal and could see normally? How would you feel when a person with 2 eyes walked up and told you that you were blind? From your perspective, you can see as well as you ever could. There is nothing wrong with your eyes. From everyone else's perspective, you only have one eye. There is part of the world you cannot see unless you turn your head.

Old wives tales about masturbation are just that – old wives tales. Healthcare officials do not support them, because they are unsupported or contradicted by scientific medical evidence.

Why do you believe health care officials? Because they wear a uniform? Because they told you they were official? Becuase you have been programmed to obey officials?

A well-controlled body of medical research has clearly concluded that masturbation of any normal frequency – less than 5+ times a day – has any ill effect on health. What ill effect hyper-frequent masturbation has is primarily due to abrasion of the skin of the genitals – any activity that severely abrades the skin increases the risk of infection. Excessive heterosexual or homosexual intercourse can have a similar ill effect on health.

There’s some evidence that masturbation (in men) results in an specific improvement in health. From a BBC News article “Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk'”:I work in healthcare. Masturbation is not considered a significant in assessing health risks. Male homosexuality is, but this is almost entirely due to the high incidence of HIV/AIDS in non-sub-Saharan-African homosexual men relative to non-sub-Saharan-African heterosexual men and women. This disparity is less pronounced among sub-Saharan-African homosexual men and women.

Like most healthcare workers, I’ve seen a disturbing number of people with HIV/AIDS, and can visually identify symptoms of the disease in its advanced forms. Like most people, I can recognize stereotypical homosexual dress and mannerisms. I have participated in a controlled study, however, which demonstrated that neither I, nor most people, can distinguish between a heterosexual actor pretending to be gay, and an homosexual affecting gay dress and mannerisms.

I am telling you that you are quoting lies and incompetence. You are looking at this from a purely scientific point of view. IMO, you have overlooked that politics affects science and social communities in a negative way. Specifically, politicans will put forth ideas they know for a fact will hurt people if the politicians can get some gain out of the sitiuation.

A person who is damaged by masturbation usually loses will power. They are easier to control because they are damaged. Politicians want easily controlled subjects. Ones that never complain no matter how high taxes are raised. They have an interest in telling lies to people that make those people easily controlled.

Masturbating 5 times a day? That is insanity. You will be sick, be at increased rish for AIDS and you will die young. Those people are wrong. Completely, absolutley and utterly wrong. They should be locked away where they cannot give hurtful health adivce to people. They should be in jail for the damage their incompetent pronouncements cause.

There are obvious and usual signs in the majority of homosexuals. My comment on the study you participated in is that the problem is not that you have proved people can not pick out homosexuals. It is that no one involved in the study has any idea what they are looking for or what they are talking about.

I understand that you firmly believe you are up to date on the latest medical knowledge. It is my sad duty to inform you that most of it is lies, or incomptence. Don't feel bad. Every person who grows up reaches a point in life when they realize that the authorities they trust have lied to them. It is like a rite of passage of life.

or shall we compete for her favour?

oh wait, your just happy she confirmed you aren't.. uh .. you know.. ~that~way...

sometimes i wonder if heinlein wasn't right afterall, smart people shouldn't have to choose, they enjoy both sexes equally since its all in good fun anyway isn't it? you aren't trying to get 1up on *everyone*, you aren't 'in love' with everyone, it should be ok to mess around just for fun shouldn't it?

but then boys are gross and chicks are soft and smell nice.

You think sex is only about fun. It is much more than that. Your lack of knowledge accounts for the attitudes you have.

Would you know if you were blind? If you were born with one eye, and your entire life was living with one eye and that limited field of view, wouldn't you believe that you were normal and could see normally? How would you feel when a person with 2 eyes walked up and told you that you were blind? From your perspective, you can see as well as you ever could. There is nothing wrong with your eyes. From everyone else's perspective, you only have one eye. There is part of the world you cannot see unless you turn your head.

I make faces when I masturbate...Does that mean I'll go blind AND have my face stuck like that?