Science Forums

Favorite Quotes

Dark Mind

I don't know if you've ever tried to get toilet paper out of a very large maple tree, but if you have you start to believe in capital punishment.

-- Garrison Keillor on Halloween pranks

The fox has many tricks. The hedgehog has but one. But that is the best of all, :shrug:

Buffy

Thanks Buffy

I have to watch BVS with captions otherwise I miss the sotto voce asides and puns as I can't follow the fast, USA accent other wise.

I still have to watch the last season

I have the last season of Angel but my Vampire loving daughter insists I watch Buffy VS first!

Arrogance

The best leaders inspire by example.

When that's not an option, brute intimidation works pretty well, too.

Achievement

You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.

from despair.com Fast becoming a favourite web site.

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching

that unnerves me and causes me to tremble

for the safety of my country. ...

Corporations have been enthroned

and an era of corruption in high places will follow,

and the money power of the country

will endeavor to prolong its reign

by working upon the prejudices of the people

until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands

and the Republic is destroyed.

I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety

of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war.

God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless."

Why don't the presidents nowadays talk like he did?

If one of the candidates busted out with a speech like that I'd vote for himher for sure.

Quote of The Day:

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching. It unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. The money power preys upon the nation in times of peace and conspires against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces, as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes.

"I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the financial institutions at the rear; the latter is my greatest foe.

Corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavour to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few, and the Republic is destroyed."

President Abraham Lincoln, 21 November, 1864

File 11 - 1850-1900 - Merchants and Bankers Listings

i recently read the words of a great american leader, who wrote:

"i see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country ... corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavour to prolong its reign by working on the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed"

- president abraham lincoln, 1864, in a letter to col. w.f. elkins.

today, of the 100 largest economies in the world, 51 are corporations, only 49 are countries.

The issue today is the huge disparity between rich and poor and the ethos that has arisen to sustain such an unjust system. oil is it's core and cause of the subsequent effects.

The values that sustain huge inequalities in wealth are the same values that deprive us of intimacy, community &

true blue spring 2002

Have a brose through The sub prime lending thread.