Science Forums

Superintelligent Extraterrestrial Life, Accelerated Evolution, And The Fate Of The Universe

The death of the other hominids yet a continuous selection of hominid traits over a 7 million year period is evidence that our world does not favor higher reasoning and beckons an intervention such as information panspermia. Further support for that reasoning is that we continue to see a further change when we went from homo-sapiens to homo sapien sapiens, the 21st hominid species, I've articled the skull examinations several times.

A small case for accelerated evolution. Another bit of evidence is that our star doesn't live very long, allowing for less evolution to occur. Some exo-earths may orbit red dwarf stars, allowing for over twice as much evolution, so perhaps not so much of a need for accelerated evolution.

My assumptions haven't been baseless but speculative, there's a difference. To paint a full picture would be to have a conclusion or hypothesis, I'm merely offering food for thought. You seem to keep forgetting that.

I appreciate you pushing me to dig up more evidence as I've continued to do, further painting a picture. But you need to stop with the labels/accusations and just leave it with the questions/skepticism.

Get well soon.

A "robotic" dysonian civilization, transmitting information faster than light, back and forth through time wouldn't just be taking advantage of manipulable life for the purpose of recreating itself in order to spread without using anything but beamable fempto-tech, but also to create alternate realities in which agents such as us are very different, this dynamic synaptogenic forked-evolution of biological life and civilization would feed its own consciousness. It's way out there stuff, some of what I'm getting into. Almost like a diety. Information panspermia and conformal cosmology allow for this thing to literally communicate with a Dyson Sphere from a future or past universe, who themselves can communicate further backward or forward in time, almost infinite consciousness, all types of biological evolution, all types of society, all people and all actions from all alternative references of time, all this even more endless information being relayed on the matter of particle physics made by nearly infinite Dysonian particle accelerators, this non-linear reality-network I brought up earlier, this is like a deity.

If tachyons are ever discovered, this beast gets that much closer to being realistic. In my very first post I speculated that such a thing as this is one infinitesimal agent itself within a grander reality of infinite hierarchy. They say truth is stranger than fiction. Science determines boundaries, rules which the truth may actually break somehow, but science is ironically the best way into that rabbit-hole. But we have to be willing to continuously alter our ethos along the way.

Edited by Super Polymath

Survival of the fittest is a term that invokes the idea of physical or mental superiority but in reality; the fittest are the most adaptable. The top of the food chain rarely survives the cataclysmic events all life is subject to. Any species that finds a comfortable niche is unlikely to survive a major change to their environment.

For a species not at the top of the food change, there are two ways to adapt for survival. One is to have a high birthrate, which increases the odds a portion of the species will survive. The second is to become clever and lean enough to survive a variety of harsh conditions. Whichever path a species follows, it also requires they be dispersed well enough that any single event is unlikely to wipe them all out.

Any species, regardless of how intelligent, can become too comfortable and thus lazy. When the individuals within a species become focused on their own lives and routine, to the exclusion of everything else, they are subject to being caught unaware by events.

A so-called super-intelligent species implies one that has overcome all environmental obstacles and able to support themselves without effort. What type of challenge would such a species have to maintain a high level of awareness rather then become self absorbed in their own comfort and desires?

But if time is infinite, then we can suppose some species is able to last long enough to transcend physical needs or be subject to environmental threats. If so, what would be the motivation for such individuals, or the species as a whole, to do anything?

And if time is infinite, if there was the slightest possibility a species could evolve to that point then such a species should already exist,. No matter how great the odds, with infinite time any possibility becomes a certainty.

However, if such a species does exist, I have no doubt they'd be smart enough to know you can't short cut evolution. They'd be wise enough to understand the process itself is what determines if a species should continue and not some external guiding force.

And, though it might be an interesting exercise for humans to speculate what may motivate a super intelligent alien race, it is still a bit ridiculous to think anyone would actually know the answer.

A so-called super-intelligent species implies one that has overcome all environmental obstacles and able to support themselves without effort. What type of challenge would such a species have to maintain a high level of awareness rather then become self absorbed in their own comfort and desires?

But if time is infinite, then we can suppose some species is able to last long enough to transcend physical needs or be subject to environmental threats. If so, what would be the motivation for such individuals, or the species as a whole, to do anything?

No longer a biological species, it is a singular thingy, a dyson sphere for example, where crafts of dna-altering femptotech has individuality in a functional sense only. As for survival, although using yachyon-like particles may allow it to communicate with other dyson spheres it never knew about distantly in the universe, or dyson spheres from previous or future universes predating or postdating a big bounce: it itself would still have to worry about losing information when QM and relativity merge in a big bounce (according to conformal cosmology); but you're also talking about a the Doctor Manhattan effect, slipping into cold and calculated thought void of emotion and inspiration, and as I said digital and temporal artificial and alternate realities can be constructed in which a human history or an intelligent ET history, can be devoured. You're synthesizing the condition of beings that are limited by their environment and biological sate of vulnerability: and these nearly infinite human agents are all very much apart of the aggregate identity of this super intelligence via infomorphism, albeit devouring our consciousness en masse so that it doesn't lose that precious thing called emotion necessary for self-awareness and non-robotic creative thought. Artificial reality is the way to go, it makes a case for letting gray goo transform your physical brain into computronium with neurons replacement therapy, after the transcendence via arrificial digital reality you'll still be somewhere, housed in that super-mind. The ultimate goal is to find particles capable if generating ottotech, so that it can quantize all its consciousness in the event if a big bounce. It may take nearly infinite cosmological cycles, with universe dying and being born again, before any such particles are found by Dysonian superluminal atom-smashers.

Edited by Super Polymath

No longer a biological species, it is a singular thingy, a dyson sphere for example, where crafts of dna-altering femptotech has individuality in a functional sense only. As for survival, although using yachyon-like particles may allow it to communicate with other dyson spheres it never knew about distantly in the universe, or dyson spheres from previous or future universes predating or postdating a big bounce: it itself would still have to worry about losing information when QM and relativity merge in a big bounce (according to conformal cosmology); but you're also talking about a the Doctor Manhattan effect, slipping into cold and calculated thought void of emotion and inspiration, and as I said digital and temporal artificial and alternate realities can be constructed in which a human history or an intelligent ET history, can be devoured. You're synthesizing the condition of beings that are limited by their environment and biological sate of vulnerability: and these nearly infinite human agents are all very much apart of the aggregate identity of this super intelligence via infomorphism, albeit devouring our consciousness en masse so that it doesn't lose that precious thing called emotion necessary for self-awareness and non-robotic creative thought. Artificial reality is the way to go, it makes a case for letting gray goo transform your physical brain into computronium with neurons replacement therapy, after the transcendence via arrificial digital reality you'll still be somewhere, housed in that super-mind. The ultimate goal is to find particles capable if generating ottotech, so that it can quantize all its consciousness in the event if a big bounce. It may take nearly infinite cosmological cycles, with universe dying and being born again, before any such particles are found by Dysonian superluminal atom-smashers.

You're making a lot of assumptions about the far future with virtually no information to support such conclusions. And you're throwing around hypothetical terms used in Sci-Fi novels that you seem to have little understanding of.

You assume a big bounce and you seem to assume there are no limits to technology. You also want people to invest resources and effort in its pursuit without a hint of a reasonable return in their lifetime.

If people want to do big things, that provide no immediate return, they have to first be productive enough to allow them the luxury of pursuing such endeavors. The first step is to find ways to be as productive as possible as individuals and as a species so that any intellectual curiosity they may want to satisfy is less likely to lead to their own self-destruction.

You're making a lot of assumptions about the far future with virtually no information to support such conclusions. And you're throwing around hypothetical terms used in Sci-Fi novels that you seem to have little understanding of.

You assume a big bounce and you seem to assume there are no limits to technology. You also want people to invest resources and effort in its pursuit without a hint of a reasonable return in their lifetime.

If people want to do big things, that provide no immediate return, they have to first be productive enough to allow them the luxury of pursuing such endeavors. The first step is to find ways to be as productive as possible as individuals and as a species so that any intellectual curiosity they may want to satisfy is less likely to lead to their own self-destruction.

Well, you're right about the many assumption regarding the supportability of this super being aggregate info morph collective, but there's a plethora of anthropological evidence for my supposed accelerated evolution of primates

But for the nature of advanced, post-biological evidence of miniaturization and necessity of Dyson spheres and travel by ftl communication as opposed to travel by wormhole or alcubierre drives, you're right on my lack of evidence, there's more logic in it, but no real evidence. nor could there be.

Look, I am no expert in astrophysics and I know only what's been published about alternatives to string theory, FTL particles, and conformal cosmology...although in my defense conformal cosmology itself makes less assumptions than any other unification theory, and is the most recent theory to boot.

But ultimately, I do need the expertise before I can change views, escientific recognition/authority, or something more covert...knowing how I operate, I'll pick the better (less time consuming and more effective) path for pushing my "religious agenda". But that's beside the point.

With that being said, I'm happy with the activity of this thread as I believe it has perhaps altered some one-dimensional ways if thinking in those involved, but just postpone any further debate as I'll be preoccupied with college till autumn.

I can't really take the time to participate here until autumn.

Edited by Super Polymath

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about caught up on homework so lemme finish till semester's US Central Time end with this:

Although in my previous reply I conceded, claiming there could be no (objective textually abd universally translatable truth from person to person if God or a super evolved transbiological entity [Picard's log entries of the Q must have seemed similarly scientifically illiterate to those who weren't there]) proof of such a God, any statement in my OP was intended to be conceptually falsifiable to begin with (meaning I never intended for them to be taken literally)...

It is most likely that all human-IQ extra-terrestrials that do miniaturize technology will computize live biological brain-like organs and synthesize humanlike chemicals or synaptic bioelectric signal patterns (or any mathematically equivalent chemical structure possible for biological lifeforms that could possess human level thought) a googol times over within an artificially augmented dimension of reality (in which time would tick faster than in the real world) in order to create a collection of digitally generated, or temporally alternate, realities that form one aggregated super-reality) for mapping the endless possibilities of conscious thought in order to base its own super-intelligent, artificially sentient, programs off of.

All such kardashevian post-1.0 technological structures, purposes, and actions will be universally identical despite any possible respective origin...

Therefore, all Dyson spheres will be composed of the same level of miniaturized computronium, will utilize tachyon-like superluminal communication methods, and will build the same kinds if structures (like solar system particle accelerators that are colossal in diameter: for the purpose of mass-producing tachyonic particles that can transmit data and/or instructions superluminally), meaning that Dyson spheres are likely to share information at superluminal velocities with other Dyson spheres, that are of alien origin, over extragalactic distances and back and forth through time and (due to the grandfather paradox) would be capable of guiding the evolution, or co-altering, artificial physical realities and experiencing a multiversal existence within an infinitum of alternate timelines.

As far as physically travelling and physically broadening its horizons, I can think of 4 possible methods. Alcubierre Drives and wormholes would require already travelling superluminal distances and mapping out obstacles within a given trajectory... this is illogical for biological species, or for intergalactic space (as there would be too many unknowns even after spending millions of years mapping out primordial black holes and other debris in the path of said alcubierre craft, although superluminal communication offers the solution to that: you can see what's coming even whilst travelling at superluminal velocities and you can also look at objects which are lightyears away in real time).

A third possible means of transportation is by sending subatomic chain-links, the building blocks of femptoscopic machines, in the form tachyon-like superluminal particles when broadcasting signal transmissions over intergalactic distances. The super-gravity within super-close orbit (inside the event horizon) of supermassive blackholes can work as a gravitational slingshot for tachyon-like superluminal communication channels, hurtling transmissions of information so fast that they can cover any distance instantaneously.

Not only can superluminal transmission work for femtoscale computronium in the miniaturization of computing power, alcubierre Drives, and the transmission of femtoscale devices over intergalactic space, but the superluminal transmission of atomic machines in femtoscale robotics also leads to my fourth, largest scale, and fastest form of transportation. I call it cosmaforming (as opposed to teraforming):

Imagine galaxy-sized (in the sense of its diameter) ultrathin, ultra low-mass, ultra low-density, ultra high-volume superstructures composed of artificially engineered exotic matter that can universally magnetize all forms of hyperbaryonic matter across vast intergalactic distances (upon sending signals that form femptobots that can reproduce said exotic matter via endless self-replication (gray goo)) over intergalactic distances.

Something like a chain or hair-width string the length of the distance between two galaxies composed of artificially engineered particles (particles made within particle accelerator ring-networks with the diameter of a hundred solar volumes) can link galaxies together in an engineered magnetic branch of chains. These hair-width, hyper-long structures don't have to entirely solid, there can be space, or links, between segments. Any structure with such great volume or diameter would have to be broken into segments, connected by particle magnetism, just like galaxies in my cosmaforming, whose orbital trajectories can be manipulated to transport stellar amounts of material at superluminal velocity, assisted by expansion.

This can eventually alter the orbital relationship of entire galactic-clusters, when combined with the previous method, causing a gravitational chain reaction (directing multiple galactic trajectories towards each other as opposed to away from one another, engineering orbital slingshots to work with expansion as opposed to against it) that can propel a whole galaxy of Dyson spheres to their destination, and vice versa...

This thread encompasses the concept of the ultimate evolution of life (and the omega-point of its potential technological advancement) being capable (given infinite time) of spanning all pasts, presents, and futures (within a collective sentience composed of a transfinite number of Dyson spheres whose existence spans a transfinite number of linear cosmoses spanning a transfinite number of reoccurrences of the big bounce [13.5 billion years accounts for just 8℅ of the time that will occur after just one bounce]: the dysonian hivemind).

We're talking about something that, if you just took an infinitesimal fraction of its full intellect, you would overload the circuitry of a trillion Dyson spheres, star-sized computronium superstructures whose circuitry is as small as an atom and can transmit information within such super-miniaturized circuits faster than light travels in a vacuum.

Now take all of that computing power and compress it into a singularity the size of a proton, imagine a bit of yattotech composed of artificially engineered, ultra-miniature particles (something M-Theorists refer to as strings) as the basis of all reality. It might engineer structures with their own astrophysical properties that transcend the previous astrophysical cobstraints that led to its own creation. If something like that were here with us now, we wouldn't even be able to prove that a pin is a pin.

It would have the capacity of building better universes (for the evolution of life, according to the variant cosmology resulting from the big bounce theory within conformal cosmology that attempts to explain how the laws of relativity and QM can temporarily operate upon all matter equitably on a universal scale during each cosmological bounce).

We know particles exist, but we don't know how small they can be, how they truly work, what effects certain particles can have on others, what kind of particle fields might exist during a big bounce, or if particles can be created that have never existed before, especially considering how we created the higgs boson. Put the evolution of life and technology into the equation of everything.

Edited by Super Polymath

I'm about caught up on homework so lemme finish till semester's US Central Time end with this:

Although in my previous reply I conceded, claiming there could be no (objective textually abd universally translatable truth from person to person if God or a super evolved transbiological entity [Picard's log entries of the Q must have seemed similarly scientifically illiterate to those who weren't there]) proof of such a God, any statement in my OP was intended to be conceptually falsifiable to begin with (meaning I never intended for them to be taken literally)...

It is most likely that all human-IQ extra-terrestrials that do miniaturize technology will computize live biological brain-like organs and synthesize humanlike chemicals or synaptic bioelectric signal patterns (or any mathematically equivalent chemical structure possible for biological lifeforms that could possess human level thought) a googol times over within an artificially augmented dimension of reality (in which time would tick faster than in the real world) in order to create a collection of digitally generated, or temporally alternate, realities that form one aggregated super-reality) for mapping the endless possibilities of conscious thought in order to base its own super-intelligent, artificially sentient, programs off of.

All such kardashevian post-1.0 technological structures, purposes, and actions will be universally identical despite any possible respective origin...

Therefore, all Dyson spheres will be composed of the same level of miniaturized computronium, will utilize tachyon-like superluminal communication methods, and will build the same kinds if structures (like solar system particle accelerators that are colossal in diameter: for the purpose of mass-producing tachyonic particles that can transmit data and/or instructions superluminally), meaning that Dyson spheres are likely to share information at superluminal velocities with other Dyson spheres, that are of alien origin, over extragalactic distances and back and forth through time and (due to the grandfather paradox) would be capable of guiding the evolution, or co-altering, artificial physical realities and experiencing a multiversal existence within an infinitum of alternate timelines.

As far as physically travelling and physically broadening its horizons, I can think of 4 possible methods. Alcubierre Drives and wormholes would require already travelling superluminal distances and mapping out obstacles within a given trajectory... this is illogical for biological species, or for intergalactic space (as there would be too many unknowns even after spending millions of years mapping out primordial black holes and other debris in the path of said alcubierre craft, although superluminal communication offers the solution to that: you can see what's coming even whilst travelling at superluminal velocities and you can also look at objects which are lightyears away in real time).

A third possible means of transportation is by sending subatomic chain-links, the building blocks of femptoscopic machines, in the form tachyon-like superluminal particles when broadcasting signal transmissions over intergalactic distances. The super-gravity within super-close orbit (inside the event horizon) of supermassive blackholes can work as a gravitational slingshot for tachyon-like superluminal communication channels, hurtling transmissions of information so fast that they can cover any distance instantaneously.

Not only can superluminal transmission work for femtoscale computronium in the miniaturization of computing power, alcubierre Drives, and the transmission of femtoscale devices over intergalactic space, but the superluminal transmission of atomic machines in femtoscale robotics also leads to my fourth, largest scale, and fastest form of transportation. I call it cosmaforming (as opposed to teraforming):

Imagine galaxy-sized (in the sense of its diameter) ultrathin, ultra low-mass, ultra low-density, ultra high-volume superstructures composed of artificially engineered exotic matter that can universally magnetize all forms of hyperbaryonic matter across vast intergalactic distances (upon sending signals that form femptobots that can reproduce said exotic matter via endless self-replication (gray goo)) over intergalactic distances.

Something like a chain or hair-width string the length of the distance between two galaxies composed of artificially engineered particles (particles made within particle accelerator ring-networks with the diameter of a hundred solar volumes) can link galaxies together in an engineered magnetic branch of chains. These hair-width, hyper-long structures don't have to entirely solid, there can be space, or links, between segments. Any structure with such great volume or diameter would have to be broken into segments, connected by particle magnetism, just like galaxies in my cosmaforming, whose orbital trajectories can be manipulated to transport stellar amounts of material at superluminal velocity, assisted by expansion.

This can eventually alter the orbital relationship of entire galactic-clusters, when combined with the previous method, causing a gravitational chain reaction (directing multiple galactic trajectories towards each other as opposed to away from one another, engineering orbital slingshots to work with expansion as opposed to against it) that can propel a whole galaxy of Dyson spheres to their destination, and vice versa...

This thread encompasses the concept of the ultimate evolution of life (and the omega-point of its potential technological advancement) being capable (given infinite time) of spanning all pasts, presents, and futures (within a collective sentience composed of a transfinite number of Dyson spheres whose existence spans a transfinite number of linear cosmoses spanning a transfinite number of reoccurrences of the big bounce [13.5 billion years accounts for just 8℅ of the time that will occur after just one bounce]: the dysonian hivemind).

We're talking about something that, if you just took an infinitesimal fraction of its full intellect, you would overload the circuitry of a trillion Dyson spheres, star-sized computronium superstructures whose circuitry is as small as an atom and can transmit information within such super-miniaturized circuits faster than light travels in a vacuum.

Now take all of that computing power and compress it into a singularity the size of a proton, imagine a bit of yattotech composed of artificially engineered, ultra-miniature particles (something M-Theorists refer to as strings) as the basis of all reality. It might engineer structures with their own astrophysical properties that transcend the previous astrophysical cobstraints that led to its own creation. If something like that were here with us now, we wouldn't even be able to prove that a pin is a pin.

It would have the capacity of building better universes (for the evolution of life, according to the variant cosmology resulting from the big bounce theory within conformal cosmology that attempts to explain how the laws of relativity and QM can temporarily operate upon all matter equitably on a universal scale during each cosmological bounce).

We know particles exist, but we don't know how small they can be, how they truly work, what effects certain particles can have on others, what kind of particle fields might exist during a big bounce, or if particles can be created that have never existed before, especially considering how we created the higgs boson. Put the evolution of life and technology into the equation of everything.

I do not believe in super intelligent extraterrestrial life....   

Science defines the boundaries that we experience, but the truth goes far beyond those boundaries I think.

So, this is all just food for thought. I think we all contemplate our own theories of everything, but also that nothing out there will ever actually possess it in a physical sense.

Though it may be held when all purpose expires after an infinity has transpired, which can occur in a sense (death), but in the collective sense of infinite possible life, that all is in all, I do not believe that death occurs at all - and that is an encouraging thought...

I'm not the only one to come to such a conclusion. Truth is for us to willingly decide on our own!

Well thank you.

The majority of the points I brought up (barring whole "it's a scientific fact" thing) in Moontanman's quote are why I believe accelerated evolution could be likely...

Now if one were interested in the astrophysics portion; if tachyons (I believe they're just neutrinos) were discovered using dysonian solar particle acceleratoraumatons - a society of dysonian, femptorobotic, infomorphs (in that identity is dependent on operation), it is possible that such ultra-intellects could create isolated temporal (as opposed to artificial) realities in order to accelerate the evolution of lesser beings such as we.

Which is where Timeless Decision Theory really plays into all of this. And if big bounce were the cosmological reality, than the communication of information and extended identity of the infomorphs would, in fact, reach back and forth far beyond the chronology of this universe. We're looking at possibly googols of milleniums (data communicatively relayed over silly distances of spatial and temporal region), in which many particulate and quantum discoveries could branch off of to eventually lead to attotech of some sort (the aggregate intellect) - which is where life should be introduced into a more unachievably philosophical or "religious", rather than palpably physical, psuedoscientifc theory of everything.

But I think the previously linked theory of information panspermia is a more efficient form of space travel than Alcubierre drives, which are, in my mind, impractical (at least until attotech makes Anaxagoras-like cosmological re-engineering possible) for extragalactic dysonian exspansion due to a maze of debris-particles and primordial black holes.

Appy Polly loggies for all the fuss. If this post has interested you, as much as any of my previous posts admittedly have, than I hope that this makes up for it! :)

EEH, you really sunk your teeth into TDT. I approve. :) Dare I point you to Georg Cantor? I think I must, as some of his later scribbles take on interesting light in view of TDT and Zero-sum-Universe (AKA "A universe From Nothing")

I don't think Accelerated evolution is a matter of external influence. One can simply consider that as a species we've "jumped the shark" of diversity, so to speak. We've become one of if not 'the' most populous organism on the planet, are though our travel-culture forcing quite a few epigenetic changes, and are recombining long-separated gene variations from that vast pool of expression/transcription errors. The game of numbers you refer to in regards to the Fermi paradox applies just as evenly to evolution of a "master species" such as our own.

Infovores(or infotrophes) of the type you speculate can't really be counted for or against when it comes to thoughts on humanity and the universe at large. A novel idea, but not a practical one.

Alcubierre is a new name for such a drive to me. Last I was looking into it was through a few solutions of heim-droscher maths and that name wasn't used. It is an almost irony that modern experimental results for bose-einstein condensates, and the rare negative kelvin experiments could unlock some of the materials required to experiment with these. Difficult to rotate a magnetic field above a perfect superconductor without having these materials to play with. :)

Where exactly have i claimed

"The majority of the points I brought up (barring whole "it's a scientific fact" thing) in Moontanman's quote are why I believe accelerated evolution could be likely..."

I simply do not believe your assertion, now it's way past time to provide some evidence for

superintelligent-extraterrestrial-life-accelerated-evolution

Then you can provide some reason this unsupported assertion has anything to do with

the-fate-of-the-universe

So far all that has been provided is one long drawn out argument from ignorance with quite a bit of personal incredulity thrown in... 

Edited by Moontanman

EEH, you really sunk your teeth into TDT. I approve. :) Dare I point you to Georg Cantor? I think I must, as some of his later scribbles take on interesting light in view of TDT and Zero-sum-Universe (AKA "A universe From Nothing")

I took interest in the theory that you provided. Given that it did directly address the concerns I had expressed in that topic.

I don't think Accelerated evolution is a matter of external influence. One can simply consider that as a species we've "jumped the shark" of diversity, so to speak. We've become one of if not 'the' most populous organism on the planet, are though our travel-culture forcing quite a few epigenetic changes, and are recombining long-separated gene variations from that vast pool of expression/transcription errors. The game of numbers you refer to in regards to the Fermi paradox applies just as evenly to evolution of a "master species" such as our own.

The original selection of proto-hominoid traits from the primate-line, however, is still unaccounted for. Consider that one of at least twenty-one homini survived while most all of the ancestral primates made it...selected over several millions and of years, the very hominid traits that were causing entire hominid species to be rendered unmable to survive, as they were dying out, until we got the final product, the homo double sapien...

I don't think that was coincidence. There's likely more to be discovered after the Little Foot hominid specimen (A. Prometheus)...

And many single-celled organisms, and even ants (Yes I'm aware of their generically non-divergent recombinant genetic traits, but you're saying that human diversity somehow accelerated and suddenly did to the double helix what every other carbon-based terrestrial life-form couldn't even though we're one of hundreds of millions of organisms which affirms my point of Darwinian defiance), are more numerous than us. That little microscopic red catipilar looking one in the third episode of season one in Neil Degrasse Tyson's cosmos for instance? The one that can survive in space? In fact he claimed it would be more miraculous to a super-intelligent E.T. observer than we would IIRC.

Infovores(or infotrophes) of the type you speculate can't really be counted for or against when it comes to thoughts on humanity and the universe at large. A novel idea, but not a practical one.

Alcubierre is a new name for such a drive to me. Last I was looking into it was through a few solutions of heim-droscher maths and that name wasn't used. It is an almost irony that modern experimental results for bose-einstein condensates, and the rare negative kelvin experiments could unlock some of the materials required to experiment with these. Difficult to rotate a magnetic field above a perfect superconductor without having these materials to play with. :)

I knew from the start in this topic till now, I'm being, as Moontanman puts it, a "personal blog" level of speculative.

Perhaps I should change majors, and go for a more long-term, less monetarily rewarding, astrophysics major.

If not to see what I can see about neutrinos, the possibility of more exotic forms of spectral (imaging, the 'spectrum' Isaac et Joseph) particles. Wouldn't empirically demonstrate a packed revelation quite as grandiose as the totality of all that is encumbered within this thread, not by an infinitesimal fraction, but at least a practical basis for all this might emerge, I'd hope.

It may interest me that much, astrophysics is the study of the broadest level of truth regarding nature. A level of fascination and interest, or better yet, obsession, may override all my other inhibitions. Currently I'm pursuing a major that would have me attempting to get the better of (via hacking and cryptographically exposing) cyber security experts in China, however on the off chance that neutrinos are proven to be superluminal particles changing things forever before I attain said masters, I may switch to an astrophysics major... But then again, considering the risk of the truth I find may prove this entire line of thought incorrect despite the revelation of exotic tachyon-like particles validating a lucky guess of mine in this topic, it may not, lol.

A novel approach in something like astrophysics, if (unlike this thread) done through rigorous experimentation and the ascertaining of truth, is a 50/50 in terms of the implied pragmaticism of something so...large-scale.

So we always begin where others have left off. That's what's so provocative about astrophysics for me, the equability of novel thought, what direction our forebarers took determines the direction we shall take (and that is exactly how I came to define such specifications on the super-intellect [and what would drive it in relation to TDT], these "infovores", these inter-cosmic devourers of information.)...

An intractable endeavor like unification theory (between relativity and QM, such as conformal cosmology, that uniquely and boldly ascertains such lines of reasoning that include "the cosmological constant may actually be false in the sense that it may vary to an extent", is most often only soluble once one abandons the safe cradle of conventionalism...unless they're wrong.

But the riskiest endeavor is nothing if not provocative. Others would build off any inaccuracies I'd leave behind, and the truth is more important than me being right.

Never claimed to be educated in astrophysics, GAHD, Sanctus, Exchemist, Moontanmqn & co probably have a lot more general education than I do. And that's important...

I'm just giving food for thought, I hope they do either validate or invalidate whether or not neutrinos are superluminal soon. That might prompt me to switch majors.

I have real practical experience in defending against, exploiting the security flaws of personal hackers, not just with the safe cradle of commands within activated adm safe mode with command prompt via powershell....I infiltrated a job corps alongside a person with a relative who affiliated with anonymous..but also cellular defense on my own phone recently.

This was all outside the rule book that is our nation's excuse for scholastic curriculum... So. Idk. Pretty good at chess as well. So, just take my thoughts at face value. I should at least get points for intuitionistic savvy. Applied for logical deduction.

When I get my bachelors, perhaps any further ideas would seem less speculative, and at that point, maybe some ideas will change. But in a religious kind of sense, I (from personal experience) don't believe we're alone. Call it anti-Saganism, or delusions of grandeur, or speculative agnotheism, at this point in time, I don't believe we're alone on earth, nor the foremost authority on earth.

Epigenetics is a very familiar term to me. It's as mysterious as the missing link, and, more importantly, hinted to be very exclusive to our species . It's the premise of accelerated evolution. Charles Darwin didn't invent it, nor did it come from or even adhere to his theories, quite inconsistent, refer to the higher reasoning offered by our vocalization, rule-based, symbolically outsourceable written language, we're literally connected from tongue to finger. A form if epigenetics would be what real IQ looks like as opposed to how we conventionally test it.

True intelligence encumbers one's emotional quotient and enthusiasm, overall self-adjusting positivity as it pertains to positivity juxtaposed or as a defense mechanism to the harshnesses of truth, accepting being wrong, abandoning a life's work toward something, for truth. The hope is that one can look at the facts and self reality-check automatically. And if you're a straight A student in something like theoretical, which you'd had to of already removed all information bias and credulity to even get into such a field of study (post-bachelors). The ability to unlearn is equally as important as the ability to learn. I think intelligence or lack there of is determined solely by one's susceptibility to credulity or prejudice. An automatic predisposition to reject or accept prematurely.

Edited by Super Polymath

• 2 months later...

The heart of QM could be the only evidence one would have to test for the presence or influence of this infovoric femtotech. Test it, recreate the experiment, modify it to somehow cause a debunking or affirming result, see if others agree with the merits of your conclusions. That is, after all, the proper scientific methodology. 

The same reasoning that led to all the cosmological theories, prevailing or otherwise these are still just theories. The result is the ultimate determiner of accepted facts. Whichever theory that's proven first, wins. 

Edited by Super Polymath

"Infovoric femtotech". Good one! Never heard of that before. I wonder if it has a meaning.

That one’s easy! :) “Information-eating artifacts (technology) with features smaller than about 10-15 m (1 femtometer)”.

Though the phrase certainly has meaning, it’s uncertain whether it’s physically possible. Something along these line does appear in science fiction, from the hard (such Robert Forward’s 1981 Locus award-winning Dragon’s Egg, which I highly recommend) to the fantastic (such as Frank Miller’s comic book treatment of the Green Lantern in his 2001-2002 DK2, which I recommend only to dedicated Frank Miller fans, who practically by definition will have already read it).

That one’s easy! :) “Information-eating artifacts (technology) with features smaller than about 10-15 m (1 femtometer)”.

Though the phrase certainly has meaning, it’s uncertain whether it’s physically possible. Something along these line does appear in science fiction, from the hard (such Robert Forward’s 1981 Locus award-winning <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon" s_egg"="">Dragon’s Egg, which I highly recommend) to the fantastic (such as Frank Miller’s comic book treatment of the Green Lantern in his 2001-2002 DK2, which I recommend only to dedicated Frank Miller fans, who practically by definition will have already read it).

Yes, I realised it would have to mean something like that, but had not heard of it - and I struggle to see what application such a concept could have. 

I don't think that was coincidence. There's likely more to be discovered after the Little Foot hominid specimen (A. Prometheus)...

And many single-celled organisms, and even ants (Yes I'm aware of their generically non-divergent recombinant genetic traits, but you're saying that human diversity somehow accelerated and suddenly did to the double helix what every other carbon-based terrestrial life-form couldn't even though we're one of hundreds of millions of organisms which affirms my point of Darwinian defiance), are more numerous than us.

Are you familiar with the work of Ray Kurzweil? You may like it. He has another explanation for our accelerated evolution as well as other ideas that might be of interest to you:

The Law of Accelerating Returns (Ray Kurzweil)

"The rate of progress in any evolutionary learning environment (a system that learns via trial and error over time) increases exponentially. The more advanced a system that improves through iterative learning becomes, the faster it can progress.

According to Kurzweil, since the beginning of evolution, more complex life forms have been evolving exponentially faster, with shorter and shorter intervals between the emergence of radically new life forms, such as human beings, who have the capacity to engineer (intentionally to design with efficiency) a new trait which replaces relatively blind evolutionary mechanisms of selection for efficiency. By extension, the rate of technical progress amongst humans has also been exponentially increasing, as we discover more effective ways to do things, we also discover more effective ways to learn, i.e. language, numbers, written language, philosophy, scientific method, instruments of observation, tallying devices, mechanical calculators, computers, each of these major advances in our ability to account for information occur increasingly close together. Already within the past sixty years, life in the industrialized world has changed almost beyond recognition except for living memories from the first half of the 20th century. This pattern will culminate in unimaginable technological progress in the 21st century, leading to a singularity. Kurzweil elaborates on his views in his books The Age of Spiritual Machines and The Singularity Is Near."

Perhaps I should change majors, and go for a more long-term, less monetarily rewarding, astrophysics major.

If not to see what I can see about neutrinos, the possibility of more exotic forms of spectral (imaging, the 'spectrum' Isaac et Joseph) particles. Wouldn't empirically demonstrate a packed revelation quite as grandiose as the totality of all that is encumbered within this thread, not by an infinitesimal fraction, but at least a practical basis for all this might emerge, I'd hope.

Well ,for one thing, The "superluminal neutrinos" was a silly blunder; someone bungled a fiber-optic connector in the calibration circuit. If neutrinos really travelled faster than light they would be arriving at the receiver before they were transmitted! Best to forget about them.

I have real practical experience in defending against, exploiting the security flaws of personal hackers, not just with the safe cradle of commands within activated adm safe mode with command prompt via powershell....I infiltrated a job corps alongside a person with a relative who affiliated with anonymous..but also cellular defense on my own phone recently.

Computer science is more than how to block Chinese hackers! Have you considered studying AI? It may well be that the ultimate truth about our reality will be found by looking within our own minds, rather than looking out to the stars, and the speed of light may not apply to the first approach.

If you aren't already familiar with Kurzweil, you might want to read up on him. It sounds to me you may have something in common.

Are you familiar with the work of Ray Kurzweil? You may like it. He has another explanation for our accelerated evolution as well as other ideas that might be of interest to you:

The Law of Accelerating Returns (Ray Kurzweil)

"The rate of progress in any evolutionary learning environment (a system that learns via trial and error over time) increases exponentially. The more advanced a system that improves through iterative learning becomes, the faster it can progress.

According to Kurzweil, since the beginning of evolution, more complex life forms have been evolving exponentially faster, with shorter and shorter intervals between the emergence of radically new life forms, such as human beings, who have the capacity to engineer (intentionally to design with efficiency) a new trait which replaces relatively blind evolutionary mechanisms of selection for efficiency. By extension, the rate of technical progress amongst humans has also been exponentially increasing, as we discover more effective ways to do things, we also discover more effective ways to learn, i.e. language, numbers, written language, philosophy, scientific method, instruments of observation, tallying devices, mechanical calculators, computers, each of these major advances in our ability to account for information occur increasingly close together. Already within the past sixty years, life in the industrialized world has changed almost beyond recognition except for living memories from the first half of the 20th century. This pattern will culminate in unimaginable technological progress in the 21st century, leading to a singularity. Kurzweil elaborates on his views in his books The Age of Spiritual Machines and The Singularity Is Near."

Well ,for one thing, The "superluminal neutrinos" was a silly blunder; someone bungled a fiber-optic connector in the calibration circuit. If neutrinos really travelled faster than light they would be arriving at the receiver before they were transmitted! Best to forget about them.

Computer science is more than how to block Chinese hackers! Have you considered studying AI? It may well be that the ultimate truth about our reality will be found by looking within our own minds, rather than looking out to the stars, and the speed of light may not apply to the first approach.

If you aren't already familiar with Kurzweil, you might want to read up on him. It sounds to me you may have something in common.

Of course I have, his ideas were a great inspiration for a lot of what I've written in this thread. 

However, I was referencing much more than accelerating returns, which was not at all what I meant by the non-Darwinian selection of homonid traits as they were actively dying out for over a million years. It's down to us now, the primates out-lived over 20 homonid species. 

Though the phrase certainly has meaning, it’s uncertain whether it’s physically possible. Something along these line does appear in science fiction, from the hard (such Robert Forward’s 1981 Locus award-winning <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon" s_egg"="">Dragon’s Egg, which I highly recommend) to the fantastic (such as Frank Miller’s comic book treatment of the Green Lantern in his 2001-2002 DK2, which I recommend only to dedicated Frank Miller fans, who practically by definition will have already read it).

Atomic robots.

Undetectable as they've been set up between or outside of space time using tachyon-like particles birthed en masse within ring networks of a dyson sphere, hadron colliders, except with double the circumference of the star within the dysphere. Hundreds to millions of the particle accelerating rings could be built around it horizontally, vertically, and everything in-between all either perpendicular or parallel to one another atop the surface of one of these black stars. A larger particle accelerator, especially one that size that uses femtotech and is fueled by an entire star, God, who knows what particles it could create. Now imagine a hundred of them. Here's the thing, this is all like magic to us, it's all theoretical. 

Think of the "Warp Drive" from star trek. This notion of a space-time bubble. It seemed to me more pragmatic to use femtotech to reach green worlds than to use alcubierre drives. That was all an old part of this topic but the implications are endless. Just because they're can be surrounded by distorting space-time doesn't mean they can't come out by turning off these tachyonic fields and effect the electric signals of a synaptic impulse when inhabiting our brains.

The purpose of altering life hear on earth to create nanotech and computize a live human brain (neuron replacement [see brain transplants] with nanotech ICT-implants), is to turn the nanotech into femptotech, and eventually build another dyson sphere. The point isn't merely to devour information gray goo esque, the point is that space is vast and desolate and the best way to spread, or most energy efficient, is using green worlds that already harbor life.

It's electromagnetic spectrum would be more advanced than ours, it can see things further away than our telescopes and see them in real time because it doesn't use the relatively slow photons to see. It probably knows has discovered all kinds of exotic matter that we haven't classified or observed yet (dark matter). It's visible universe would not be like ours so it can see green worlds that we can't, in a way we can't. Theoretically. 

I'm trying to summarize everything, but ultimately they can manipulate an entire species with 100% accuracy because the moment they start altering darwinism on a planet they map the possible combinations of synapses (graham's number doesn't even compare) in an endless number of simulations and mathematically calculate the desired results down to each nuance of every single synaptic signal alteration made upon the natives of that world, to be able to design our fate is basically what I mean here.

, information panspermia.

So two posts ago when I resurrected this thread, I proposed that this higher order life form's influence could be a possible source for the results of the double slit experiment as it would make sense for these atomic robots to cause something like the observer effect because it is constantly working within or through our perceptions, or working very closely with our perceptions, at the subatomic level. 

Neutrinos, or hawking radiation, are particles that are so small. Small enough to validate the possibility of femtotech. 

Edited by Super Polymath