Science Forums

Superintelligent Extraterrestrial Life, Accelerated Evolution, And The Fate Of The Universe

Let me make sure I have this straight, a wild animal going against every instinctual emotion/behavior it has is still instinctual?

You'd have to show how an Ape reacting sympathetically to a boy falling and being left unattended, or a Dolphin trying to prevent a boy from drowning, is against their instincts. A human would do the same for a drowning bird with broken wings. Instincts are entirely dictated by your first emotional response. Sophisticated mammals like us and apes and dolphins often have innate protective instincts that transcend their own species. Dogs as well. But not cats.

Here's an example of

This really is consistent with every argument I've made.

Edited by Super Polymath

My bro hasn't agreed with a lot of my opposition in this thread case-wise. Yet has difficulty drawing black from white when it comes to this most au current "reason" debate. This is understandable, I guess it's all how one defines reason, and for that, I believe we all should refer to the hyperlink in my previous post as it is based on a very specialized scientific experiment just for that very thing.

Edited by Super Polymath

My bro hasn't agreed with a lot of my opposition in this thread case-wise. Yet has difficulty drawing black from white when it comes to this most au current "reason" debate. This is understandable, I guess it's all how one defines reason, and for that, I believe we all should refer to the hyperlink in my previous post as it is based on a very specialized scientific experiment just for that very thing.

That was a video of someone making claims you agree with but neither of you can substantiate... Animals reason, anyone who has raised dogs or cats should at least suspect it. I have had octopuses that had considerable reasoning skills not to mention a wicked sense of humor... 

Begin reading this topic under the assumption that human beings are agents of a superior intellect, this is the integral theme of Timeless Decision Theory. If we are agents, than some super-being must require us to do what we as biological machines have been designed to do. From that, we extrapolate using our best most current understandings, to define this super-intellect and our relationship with it. Bare in mind this is going to become difficult to follow, so if you've never heard of a dyson sphere or if you aren't at least into Star Trek, leave now.

I think it's more likely that dysonian civilizations emerge often at different times and places throughout the universe. We can only see less than 10% of the galaxies out there because most of the universe is too far away to observe. Even with what we can see, ancient photographs of green-zone exoplanets that are conducive to life, are billions of years older than what we're looking at. Most planets capable of harboring life are yet to be born.

There's a satellite galaxy called Segue 1 in which we can only see 1% of its stars, KIC 8462852 is a star that experiences erratic dips in light even after accounting for changes in observatory imaging consistent with dysonian; these are examples of societies that may have had a head-start on ours.

We have only our world to base the evolution of biological type 0 civilizations off of. But after we hit type 1, all civilizations become very similar save for minute geographical constrains, due to the nature of technology, artificial super-intelligence, and the assimilation of biological and technological life-forms.

With that in mind, alien life is probable considering that every star in the unoverse is believed to have a system of planets, and this current probability will become increasingly large in the future considering we're supposedly only 8% into the universe's estimated lifespan...but the emergence of super-intelligent alien civilizations is already likely in my mind. It's a numbers game really, somehow somewhere the unimaginable is probably likely to have occurred since the formation of galaxies.

Such civilizations would have femptotech and FTL Alcubierre "warp drives". So to spread, a type 2+ civilization can opt to recreate itself from scratch in order to conserve resources by exploiting the resources already present on "prospect systems" which they've calculated from afar would presently harbor life of some kind.

There is a plethora of evidence supporting homo sapiens are an anomoly:

1. All other homonids that we coexisted with die out and we can't say why

2. we were the least hairy and least robust homonid and yet we came about during the ice age

3. we behaved differently than other homonids in that we were brave enough to traverse great distances spreading to all corners of the globe, a trait uncharacteristic of other mammals and even other homonids of that time

4. we are the only species on the planet capable of constructing our own languages

5. our version of the gene that plays a role in our capacity to form language (Foxp2) makes mice super-smart

6. we have 140+ uninherited genes

7. we need less sleep than any other mammal

8. despite a complete lack of Darwinian causality, humans are just now beginning to evolve at an accelerating rate, faster than anything else on this planet has ever evolved, for absolutely no apparent reason

9. As we map the human genome, biologists point out that our DnA in particular is metaphorically the "most durable substance on the planet". We're to all other life on the planet as Superman is to our fictional counterparts.

Having the hypercognitive advantage of a finely-tuned knack for pattern-recognition, leading at times to overthinking and torturously scrutinous behavioral tendencies, I believe I've seen enough to so far as claim outright that, subjectively, there exists conclusive proof of timeless decision theory. This particular twist to ancient astronaut theory could be the source of these phenomenons. Accelerated evolution...

So next comes the technological singularity, then come the newer and better posthumans, neuron-nanobot conversion, resistence is futile, badabing badaboom and before you know it our Type 0 nationalist monetary and political civilization becomes a nationless resource based technocracy run by superhuman artificial intelligence: basis of a Type 1 civilization. Eventually a dyson sphere can be constructed, allowing for the addition of one more cosmic particle accelerator, producing its own unque discoveries to add to the collective which is all a type 3 cares about. Why? Maybe these things know better than string theorists.

As far as other unification theory candidates, I like the idea of the big bounce, an old theory of Albert Einstein revitalized with a modern twist. I also value the bohmian view over the copenhagen view of quantum mechanics. Einstein objected to both of these, but I think simplicity is the right track.

And if in a few hundred billion years things begin to get quantized, imagine how intelligent life's hyper-miniaturizing constructs could benefit from such a destabilized cosmic state for accelerated hyper-miniaturization? One day I'd like a new variable to be introduced to grand unification or everything theory...intelligent life.

Imagine if string theory is a waste of time? We can't observe them, their nature is assumed, and most importantly, physics-wise, we never had a real need for them in the first place!

Particles are potentially everything we need because we keep finding new ones, and finding that they can be many different sizes and have many different effects on the quantum world. There's an ocean of unknowns concerning particles, the potential application of particle physics is endless. Moreover, unlike strings, we know they're real! Imagine what a dyson-sphere alone could uncover using a solar-system sized particle accelerator!?

What if in one hundred billion years every galaxy in the universe gets infested by these particle-manipulating fempto-robotic dysonian infomorphs?

What would something like that make of an imminent big bounce that quantizes the macroscopic world? Can they quantize themselves into their own engineered particles? Can such an artifically constructed quantum world itself be quantized?

That opens infinite doors, in an even bizarrer direction than M-theory. I think that circular time (non-linear in the sense that it is uncreated and without beginning or end) in which there is an eternally evolving, Anaxagoras-like reality is similar to the state of affairs pertaining to a boundless theory of everything. Such a theory can never be attained but is always being worked out by virtue of its contemplator's efforts to intelligently evolve for the purposes of acquiring greater knowledge in order to enhace its own existence in duration, scope, and scale. Over time so much change occurs that the big bounce stops occuring because life finds a way to alter certain elements and change the universe into something else. If there were an infinite variety of possible particles that don't even exist yet, than everything is possible.

Do you have any hypothesis concerning the source of the intelligent design? 

That kind of understanding would be like continuous cosmology episodes, the more evolved you are the further up the ladder of understanding you get.

Consider me stupid, I have no idea what you are trying to say, please say it in as simple terms as possible. How do you assert powerful space aliens did it and avoid the infinite regression problem? 

I think that you're just being instigationary.

No, I am being skeptical, so far you have nothing but a long drawn out argument from ignorance. You incredulity has no bearing on reality and that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed with out evidence. 

So far you have not presented any evidence what so ever, sadly I will be in the hospital for the next week, so you can look forward to not being questioned by me for several days. I would suggest you spend that time trying to find some actual evidence to back up your claims... The burden of proof is something you still have and you have in no way satisfied that burden...