Science Forums

Names

Queso

The first test was withstand one fight with our top swordsman. To pass you either had to beat him or be backed into a corner with a wooden sword (all created by myself) pointed at your neck. His sword was a cut down goaly stick, made to resemble the main character from Final Fantasy 7's buster sword. If we weren't careful you can break bones with that thing. The final test went through two development stages. At first it was going to be we would heat up two pieces of metal and the person must hold them for a time period. Thinking against that since it might leave some nasty scars, we went with a simple hold your hand over a candle. Not as impressive but it would suffice to show a form of mind over body. :xx: Such foolish children we were.

Me and my friends do that sort of stuff for fun :), boredom sucks :).

Two days ago I dowsed a stick in gasoline, place it on the top edges of two trash cans, lit it up, and Karate chopped that thing in two:Glasses:. And the flames were like two feet tall. To quote Beavis and Butthead "Damn I'm smooth.".

Me and my friends do that sort of stuff for fun :), boredom sucks :).

Two days ago I dowsed a stick in gasoline, place it on the top edges of two trash cans, lit it up, and Karate chopped that thing in two:Glasses:. And the flames were like two feet tall. To quote Beavis and Butthead "Damn I'm smooth.".

I used to do dumb stuff when I was a teen too. My friends and I used to love the ol' hair spray and lighter trick, making flame throwers out of it. Also we had a tile basement floor and we would spray words on the floor with hair spray or deodorant and light it on fire. he he, yea that was cool, he he :xx:

• 2 weeks later...
I used to do dumb stuff when I was a teen too. My friends and I used to love the ol' hair spray and lighter trick, making flame throwers out of it. Also we had a tile basement floor and we would spray words on the floor with hair spray or deodorant and light it on fire. he he, yea that was cool, he he ;)

Hehehe, oh my gosh, we used to do that, too... I thought we were the only ones in the world, and trust me, back then I had tons of hairspray to play with. Go go gadget 80s big hair!

My name is one of the names for the Lady of the Lake in some versions of Arthurian history (in others it was the name of her daughter or other priestess or another name for Nimue). I used to really get into that stuff.

• 2 months later...

Mine is pretty easy. A Boerseun is Afrikaans for a Farmer's Son. My nation is called the 'Boers' because that's what we were until about a hundred or so years ago, so a 'Boerseun' could also mean a 'Young Afrikaans-speaking South African'

Actually two words, Boer and Seun, and the acronymn is the same for Bullshit - BS. Actually ocurred to me just now...

Killean might have a real meaning in different cultures, but I havn't found too much on it.

Well, tonight it clearly describes the four bottles of amber liquid that helped me get into this mood. ;) Of course, the spelling is a little off. But the fact that I can still spell is quite amazing in itself.

And for those who are asking, "Why is Irish consuming large amounts of barley and hops?" I'll give you the short answer, in 4 words : nemo; business trip tomorrow.

Geez, sometimes I really wish I could win the lottery and have him home all the time!

Oh yeah, the name thing...

I was listening to my man, Van, when I signed up for this site. He's got a wee bit o' the Irish in him. But then again, my last name, and the names of just a few of the wee ones, are also clover-friendly.

But if you ask Tormod, he'll tell you I stole it from a shop downtown, "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling". Of course, Turtle will tell you that it's a great song, and one which can never be sang too often or too loud. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone ever played with that magnetic poetry stuff? Those words that you stick to your fridge and scramble and re-scramble to make little silly phrases and such? well, I was messing around with those things one time... just trying to make weird lines that didn't make any sense.... but had a cool flow to them. And I only remember one line from that day.... because it was my favorite. The line happened to be "drip curl magic". For some reason, that little line of flowing energy stuck with me. I use it as an alias sometimes.:)

I get asked a lot where Jay-qu comes from, the first bit is obvious Jay is my name (short for Jayden) but I have come up with various resons for the -qu and answer depending on mood these been: an internet alias of mine is Jay New the first three letters of my names can be Jay-new and new rymes with qu but adds futher anonymity. One of my mates would call me Jay-cube but its a bit cumbersome in conversation so again it rymes with qu and makes it a little easier. A third sort of half reason is that this been a science site qu can stand for quantum. So there you have it;)

• 5 weeks later...