Science Forums

Names

Queso

Everybody here seems to have a nickname. some choose to have their real name as their username, but most of us have illusive alter-egos that we use to lurk the forum.

as the host of your kick-back, dimmed-lit lounge, i'm curious to know what all of your nicknames mean. please excuse me ;)

Buffy Anne Summers: Slayer of vamps, demons and other nasties. Not as simple as she appears to be...

"Those who fail history, are doomed to repeat it in summer school."

"You're Watchers. Without a Slayer, you're pretty much just watchin' Masterpiece Theater..."

Cheers,

Buffy

I've always got some project/invention cooking and under production; the most infamous (no refference our own Infamous Hypograpy member), being my mysterious perpetual motion machine; or as it is sometimes referred to; the "time machine".

I was given the nickname "beaker" at a previous job after the little scientist muppet with the frizzy hair:shocked: . I was even given a t-shirt with his picture on it to make it official.

Back in the day my friends and I created a group/club/cult (whichever you would prefer to call it) dedicated to medieval combat and history. All members who joined, even the founders, had to go through an initiation ritual to test our tolerance with pain and our knowledge of the past. After my initiation I was given the name Killean which was "translated" to wise philosopher. Killean might have a real meaning in different cultures, but I havn't found too much on it.

Back in the day my friends and I created a group/club/cult (whichever you would prefer to call it) dedicated to medieval combat and history. All members who joined, even the founders, had to go through an initiation ritual to test our tolerance with pain and our knowledge of the past. After my initiation I was given the name Killean which was "translated" to wise philosopher. Killean might have a real meaning in different cultures, but I havn't found too much on it.
That's pretty interesting. What did the pain tollerence test involve - Probably top secret right? strictly hush, hush.

That's pretty interesting. What did the pain tollerence test involve - Probably top secret right? strictly hush, hush.

The first test was withstand one fight with our top swordsman. To pass you either had to beat him or be backed into a corner with a wooden sword (all created by myself) pointed at your neck. His sword was a cut down goaly stick, made to resemble the main character from Final Fantasy 7's buster sword. If we weren't careful you can break bones with that thing. The final test went through two development stages. At first it was going to be we would heat up two pieces of metal and the person must hold them for a time period. Thinking against that since it might leave some nasty scars, we went with a simple hold your hand over a candle. Not as impressive but it would suffice to show a form of mind over body. :Alien: Such foolish children we were.

Bo= short for broodrooster ('toaster' in dutch), which my sister thought up when I was 12 or so and had a little *accident* :)

for some reason everybody picked up that name, so i use it almost always; my real name is Tomas

Bo