Science Forums

Aliens Poll

Buffy

What kind of life is there in the universe, and have they visited?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of life is there in the universe, and have they visited?

• Humans are the only intelligent life, and there is no life beyond Earth.
    • Humans, dolphins, gorillas and a few others are the only intelligent life.
    • There's life beyond earth but its only bacteria and simple organisms.
    • There's complex life beyond earth but its not intelligent.
    • There's intelligent life in the universe but they've never visited Earth.
    • There's intelligent life in the universe and they've visited.
    • There's intelligent life and they regularly abduct humans for experiments.

The correct answer is: There's intelligent life in the universe and they've visited. In fact, there is life on Earth thanks to these aliens. It was aliens that created all life on Earth, including us. A lot of ancient books states this as fact including the Bible. The Hebrew word Elohim in the Bible means "Those that came from the sky" and not God. The Elohim used genetic engineering to create all life on Earth, including us. In 1973 and 1975 one of these Elohim, named Yahweh, visited our planet to speak to the last prophet Rael.

The Hebrew word Elohim in the Bible means "Those that came from the sky" and not God. .
This should create quite a stir amoung those of us who consider ourselves to be Christains. Maybe this should have been posted in the religious forum, but then again, Raelian1 is speaking about aliens isn't he. Very interesting Raelian1, are you sure about the meaning of this translation for Elohim???

Raelian1,

would you be a Scientologist by any chance?

Panspermia is a clever idea, but it still doesn't solve the issue of where life came from, it merely shifts it elsewhere. If there was no ( God / Darwinian selection ) on Earth, but life came from someplace else, how did it get here?

More importantly, how did it get there? These aliens with FTL craft didn't just appear, did they? And how does it explain fossils? And subsequent evolution?

Raelian1,

would you be a Scientologist by any chance?

Panspermia is a clever idea, but it still doesn't solve the issue of where life came from, it merely shifts it elsewhere. If there was no ( God / Darwinian selection ) on Earth, but life came from someplace else, how did it get here?

More importantly, how did it get there? These aliens with FTL craft didn't just appear, did they? And how does it explain fossils? And subsequent evolution?

Good point nkt. If not the earth, which planet do we travel to, to answer the question, "how did it start".

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for the first option, being Christian. :rant:

But.....I don't know.

I would like to hope we aren't alone and why would the Bible need to give mention to such things? There is alot of space out of there to just be created for just us. Somebody once told me that the universe was Heaven and your spirit was free to roam it when you die. Maybe that's what aliens are. :circle:

I know I love reading about sightings, crop circles and all that jazz. Anything relaed to space, I try to read about or watch on the tube.

Hawkens: Thank you for being the first to vote for this option. It has *amazed* me that with all the folks who visit this site who are hard-core, young-Earth Creationists, that NO ONE has voted for this one. Makes me wonder if they are all secretly having the same doubts you are.

If Messers Falwell or Dobson were in the room though, you would be branded apostate for even thinking that we are not the only ones created in His image, and in fact that our "perception" of the Universe is simply an illusion created by the Devil to tempt us all on a road that leads away from the narrow path to salvation that can only be found through faith in Our Lord...

Cheers,

Buffy

Raelian1, would you be a Scientologist by any chance?

I've always assumed Raelian1 was a .... Raelian...They're the folks that claim to have cloned humans and point to it as proof of their belief in Panspermia. Check out this page:

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/rael.html

and their home site at:

http://www.rael.org/

Pretty wild stuff....

Cheers,

Buffy

Hawkens: Thank you for being the first to vote for this option. It has *amazed* me that with all the folks who visit this site who are hard-core, young-Earth Creationists, that NO ONE has voted for this one. Makes me wonder if they are all secretly having the same doubts you are.

hmmm.....I never thought of that. That is strange. I just don't know either way but since there is no evidence pointing to alien life other than just guesses, I voted that option.

Maybe you all been taken over by aliens and I'm the only one left! :circle:

...an alien race advanced enough to cross the galaxy and find us and do it within their lifespan, would have to be advanced enough to finish their tests within 2 days!

I wouldn't bet on that. You see, many experiments are pointless if they're not continued over a certain time span. Say for instance, an experiment tracking the progress of weird little creatures who call themselves "humans" on the planet they call "Earth."

Just a thought.

haha nice, i was close.

from my understanding that was all just a weather balloon.

the shiny material, the pink symbols, what do you guys think?

plus...how could you have an alien spacecraft made out of shiny thin material like that?

i kind of feel bad for the hardcore believers....

I was watching a special on SciFi and they were interviewing people (in their 70s, 80s and 90s now) who were there when the incident at Roswell happened. Several said that the military threatened them with jail time if they ever spoke of the incident. Two men claimed to have seen photos of three dead aliens on operating tables, and two LIVE aliens standing next to the tables. Still other men claimed to have been on the airplanes that transported crates containing the wreckage and "victims" to Ft. Worth, Texas (I think they said the day after it happened).

Wild stuff.

• 1 month later...

1. Conscious universe must include both of micro-cosmic and macro-cosmic observations.

2. Micro-cosmic observations : Is there higher conscious dimensions in a life evolution ? Yes/No ??

3. Macro-cosmic observations : Is there larger universes beyond observable s-t 13.7 bya ? Yes/No ??

4. When we exist [born till dead] : Are we visitor, observer, or traveller in s-t ??

When does we finally define exactly term of conscious intelligences more physical ? If not , we're all aliens.

It has *amazed* me that with all the folks who visit this site who are hard-core, young-Earth Creationists, that NO ONE has voted for this one. Makes me wonder if they are all secretly having the same doubts you are.

Are there any hidden assumptions? Such as aliens evolved? Or other life has to be physical entities? (I vote #6)