Science Forums

What do you believe?

Aemeth

Ah interesting questions 1) I believe in evolution because of it's high leval of evidence and it seems the most logical.

2) I'm not certain on the exsistance of a god

3) See question #2

4) I determine right and wrong by my gut feeling so I can be objective

5) see question #4

6) I'm not sure no proof for any of afterdeath theories

7) With kindess and respect so both can be happy ( a little corny I know)

8) Yes, sometimes it is nessesscery, During WW2 being in war boosted the us's economy

9) Oh, forget what the pope says, abortion should be used if nessesscery

10) Samething with #9 if the same sex is in love with each other let them get married

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everybody posting their opinions about a lot of subjects without any argueing, and something that's very interesting to read. i have to agree with you tormod.

Aach! No. Please keep the believers away. Too many already in this forum.

At the risk of throwing a wrench into this harmonious thread...

you asked - this is what I believe:

I would just like to urge folks NOT to start debating the points that come up in the replies, but rather start new threads. The topics are simply too diverse and it would be hell in here if we try to dissect all the issues at once.

What do you believe Q's

1) What do you believe about the origins of life?

I believe that God created all that exists. That He created every thing that creeps on the Earth, and that He formed man out of the dust of the ground, and breathed into is nostrils the breath of life and that man became a living soul.

Why? Because I believe there really are only two choices; we were created – or we evolved.

I believe that evolution is man’s modern day attempt to escape from the judgment of God. In spite of all the magnificent scientific discoveries over the last couple hundred years, and in spite of all the accurate fragments of knowledge that all the evolutionists want you to believe equate to a picture of evolution that is currently at work in our universe; I believe it is nothing but misrepresented data by those who reject God, encouraging others to do the same.

2) What do you believe about the existence of God?

I believe in the God of the Hebrews – the God of Israel (Yahweh; Elohim; El Shaddai; etc.) That He came to Earth to live among us, born of the virgin Mary as the person of Jesus Christ, both God and man, to live and to die for the sins of mankind, and then to rise from the dead.

Why? Because I believe that God loves the men and women He created so much that He was willing to struggle through the very same turbulent existence that we are bound to, in order to teach us all the answer to the next question.

3) Is there more than one way to God?

No.

Why or why not? Because there is only One God, and we play by His rules not ours. I believe that God is totally aware of each and every individual, and that no one will be excluded from His love simply because they were born into a country or household that doesn’t worship the God of the Bible; but in the end, no matter what you believe, that there is still only one way to God and eventually, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords to the glory of God the Father; and on that day everyone will see the other side of this dark tapestry we have woven for ourselves, and understand the mysteries of salvation; some to eternal glory, some to eternal shame.

4) How do you determine right and wrong?

I believe that aside from the commandments given to Moses; God has placed an understanding of right and wrong that is built into the “heart” of every man, and that all the laws; (the ten commandments, and others within the Word of God – the Bible); are summed up in the phrase: “you shall love your neighbor as yourself”.

Why? Because nobody loves anybody more than themselves.

5) How do you determine truth? I believe it is not so much a matter of determining truth as it is accepting, or rejecting it.

Why? Because I’ve accepted it.

6) What happens when you die? You stand before God to receive the wages of your work, and receive your eternal reward.

Why? Because God is just and fair and righteous.

7) What is a person's relationship to his/her fellow human being? To be the kind of friend that you would want someone to be to you; compassionate and caring, understanding and encouraging; - to serve one another.

How should they interact/treat one another? The same way that you would like to be treated.

Why? Because God is Love. Loving and accepting another person doesn’t mean you have to embrace what they believe.

8) Is war ever good? No.

Is it sometimes necessary? Yes

Why? Because we live in a sinful world and always will until God creates a new Heaven & Earth where the former things no longer even come to mind. In the meantime, it may be necessary to defend your family, friends, and country; - yourself, in order to secure/insure the values you believe are worth fighting for, against those would take them away.

9) What is your stance on abortion? It’s a legalized holocaust; murder; homicide; genocide.

Why? It’s a no-brainer; if you have to ask, you’ll never understand.

10) What is your stance on same-sex marriage? I believe the use of the term marriage regarding two people of the same sex is horrific. I believe homosexuals brand the term homophobe on those who abhor the practice in an attempt to cloud the issue. It isn’t because we “don’t understand” nor are uneducated in this area of depravity; nor are we afraid of homosexuals, as the term would imply; it’s simply an ungodly lifestyle. Personally I have friends, who are homosexuals, and I love them; and because I love them, I would never give them the idea that I think it’s o.k. Because I love them, I’m willing to be honest enough with them to let them know I think it’s wrong. I don’t condemn them and tell them “you’re going to hell because you’re a sinner!” – We’re all sinners. The only difference between their sin and mine is that theirs is breeding an entire community whose purpose is not merely to be accepted; but to push an ungodly lifestyle into the limelight as though it as something to be desired.

Why? It’s not the way God intended things to be. Accepting such a lifestyle under the guise of “tolerance” is teaching our children and all those who value our opinion that it’s really o.k. And that we approve of it. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

At the risk of throwing a wrench into this harmonious thread...[/i]

you asked - this is what I believe:

What do you believe Q's

1) What do you believe about the origins of life?

I believe that God created all that exists. That He created every thing that creeps on the Earth, and that He formed man out of the dust of the ground, and breathed into is nostrils the breath of life and that man became a living soul......

After reading this, my response to the questions is easy. Nearly everything BREAKER believes, I don't believe.

I think God lets us play with science like a father lets a little kid play with tinker toys. He simply looks on and thinks; "look at em'! thats so cute."

Nice to know she doesn't mess with our heads by making experiments turn out different every time or constantly changing the laws of physics!

Cheers,

Buffy

Nice to know she doesn't mess with our heads by making experiments turn out different every time or constantly changing the laws of physics!

That wouldn't be very nice, now would it? :xx:

Besides, why set up the rules and then break them all the time? That's no fun.

It'd sure keep us in line though! How 'bout having an earthquake and have the rubble spell out "you'd better stop that or I'll give you another!" ;)

LOL

Now... that would be catastrophic, but I would not be able to stop laughing. Besides, if God does exist, I'm sure that she would rather have well educated people who had a more difficult time accepting her than blind sheep following because somebody "said it was so"... to think, research, look at all of the evidence both ways, and then be her own judge of what does or does not exist. If she exists, she gave us minds in order to think and reason, and part of that religious belief is that you use what "god gave you", isn't it? Therefore, let those with brains use them and decide for themselves. This is the science forum, not the absence of science forum! ;)

Science is just the observation, collection, and researching of knowledge and life around us - not to get into a theological debate, but why would any god put evidence of evolution and other things that seem to prove that life was around for more than 10,000 years (just to pick a number)... so that we could ignore it? It seems to me that blatantly ignoring these things would be offensive and stupid. I am not questioning whether God exists or not, so do not attack me for my words - I am simply saying that I feel it is our job to look around us, see what we have, and each one of us judge for ourselves - and keep an open mind to the possibility that everything we know might be right or wrong, in any case. In the mean time, let's have fun finding out. :xx:

evidence for evolution wtf...

I have to have been in this go-around literally hundreds of times so I really don't want to start again..

i originally thought there was no solid evidence for evolution when I was a devout Christian. I was wrong. So i took a step back, and actually researched it. I objectively found out that, still, there is no-where-near substantial amount of evidence to back up evolution..i dont believe Creation model by science, cuz it cant be proven either (though there is less contradicting evidence), but by logic..so many holes in evolution damn..

Anyway, if God existed, science would not be meaningless.

Science is God's tool for governing the physical world He created. God would have to be purely physical for it to make science meaningless..

Please elaborate a little more on what exactly you mean by this statement.. I think I may see where you are coming from but not quite..

But it's sooooo much fun to call on them to prove their claim, to cause them to doubt what they were once so sure of.

The problem with debating many of them is that they will ignore many of your points and repeat their own points, sometimes while declaring themselves as winners. Don't expect evidence of any kind, even though the FAQ on this board at least used to require at least some support for extraordinary claims.

Especially the one's that believe they're right and we're wrong because they think they're more intellectual than we are.

It's actually fun, in a strange and annoying way, to see them use all kinds of flawed arguments, such as the cosmological argument, or the argument from design, etc., while ignoring any other counter arguments.