Jerry Springer = Human Development 211 and Psych. 101

Days of Our Lives = Sociology

Knife & Nursing commercials = Marketing and Advertising 201

Matlock & Perry Mason = Criminal Law and California Law :singer:

COPS = African-American History

TV is SOOO great! I know everything! :singer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

New season! Oldies back! Buffy's obnoxious opinions collected!

• Veronica Mars: Veronica goes to College! Snarky rules! Buffy sez "check it out!" :hihi: ;) :thumbs_up
  • Gilmore Girls: Painful! Christopher's a turkey! Stop acting like blithering man-obsessed idiots Girls! :bwa:
  • Heroes: Finally, another Lost worth watching. We've been big Hayden Panettiere fans in this house for a long while and finally she gets something better than Racing Stripes. But the best part of this is Hiro and Ando: subtitled Japanese Laurel and Hardy. (Program note: NBC has a catch up night this Sunday if you've missed the hoopla) :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
  • Shark: A twofer! James Woods and long time Disney Channel denizen (remember I have a tween in the house) Danielle Panabaker. Legal procedural: check. Relationship drama: check. Tough-as-nails-Jeri-Ryan: check. Top 20 ratings: check. :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
  • Studio 60...: If Aaron Sorkin could write a comedy skit that wasn't painful to watch, this show could go somewhere. I've never watched a Sorkin show before, but I'll watch anything with Matt Perry in it. :shrug:
  • Lost! "The polar bears figured it out in about an hour." Need I say more? Jack's painful psychosis in episode 1 knocks a thumb off of this so far this season. :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
  • Desperate Housewives Nice twists girls! Kyle MacLachlan is SO creepy! :eek: Bree finally has an orgasm! :eek:
  • Jericho Another show watched due to cutie in cast (Skeet Ulrich). This one's getting painful: so much potential (end of the world as we know it :eek: ), but the big thing this week was...little girl trapped in a fire in the library? What are they *thinking*? [throws Manolo at TV] :rant:
  • Vanished/Kidnapped/Runaway/Smith: "I knew Jack Bauer, Jack Bauer was a friend of mine. You sir are no Jack Bauer." :thumbs_do
  • Brothers & Sisters Yes! Thirtysomething is back! Relationship drama! Gidget as matriarch! Ally McBeal as a softer Ann Coulter! Whats not to like? :thumbs_up
  • Survivor: So why do you guys drink beer? Survivor is Beer for girls. :zip:
  • CSI:LV & L&O:CIQuien es mas macho? William Petersen o George Eads? Vincent D'Onofrio o Chris Noth? Es muy bueno, no? :tongue:
  • The Nin9: Need to add a backwards 9 to some font to get that "e" effect. Cutsy fonts put me off: never liked Numb3rs either. But with Tim Daly, Steven Weber, and Tony Shalhoub now all with major series, a bunch of us are waiting to see Crystal Bernard again. Moves along slightly (slightly!) faster than Jericho, and gets points for telling us all up front what happened, but its dragging. :sleep:
  • Dexter: Best for last: Michael C. Hall as a "good" serial killer. I downloaded the first episode, and I'm hooked, but since I dropped Showtime, I'm going to wait for it to come out on DVD. CSI as done by Quentin Tarantino and Tobe Hooper. Buffy sez "check it out". :evil:

Really waiting for January when we get Medium and 24 back...

Apologies to the international audience: you will have to wait a month or so to get innundated with the latest American Pop Culture.

"Oh so that's what she's been doing,"

Buffy

Well we are completely up to date on Jericho, dont know about the rest I dont watch em! but we are probably behind. We are well behind in stargate so I just watch them over the internet ;)

House season 2 ended the other night, BANG and greys anatomy is still going.. i think we are somewhere in the second season :hihi:

Thats about all I watch. But I may start on battlestar galactica, that seems pretty cool :thumbs_up

• 2 weeks later...

Let me preface by saying there are a lot of great shows this season. I'm very pleased. Lost season finale? I'm gonna miss seeing that "Freckles" chick until February. Heroes? How awesome is that show! I want an indestructable cheerleader, although her dad's kinda strange... Studio 60 is fun, but I always love Sorkin's West Wing so I'm biased with the pace of it. To be continued this week with John Goodman as the local judge. On Bravo I'm watching Top Chef, but it ebbs and flows in quality per episode.

But, the show I find myself really connecting with is Brothers & Sisters. The complexity of family behavior is well captured, and with the father's death, the gay lawyer brother, the republican political sister, and the vet with drug problems and a new cutie girlfriend he knew in high school... This one is probably my favorite so far.

Thank goodness for DVR... I'd be LOST without it. :eek_big:

• 4 weeks later...
How do you stop an exploding man? :ebomb:
Since the possibly exploding man saved the cheerleader, I have to assume that she'll stop him from exploding: at the very least she could figure out how to get him a plane ticket to Bikini Atoll instead of Manhattan...

Anyone watching Day Break? Its wild! And Taye Diggs is a real cutie! :love:

Change the future,

Buffy

Perhaps the bright little boy's father will be around, and the bomb will simply "pass through" Peter Petrelli.
That magnifying other heroes' power is a tricky thing, huh?
When's Day Break on?
In the Lost slot: ABC Wed 9/8p...

Same Bat Time,

Buffy