Science Forums

So What's Everybody Watching?

Buffy

Ok, I usually don't watch dramas, but all the science shows were repeats so I tuned into SciFi channel and started watching the Lost Room. I'm hooked. :photos: Now if I can just remember to watch parts #2 & #3 :scared:

Very late ,last night I watched the Old "Day of the Triffids" film (from J. Wyndham's book):reallyconfused:

A bit corny in parts but better than "The Enterprise"

...so I tuned into SciFi channel and started watching the Lost Room. I'm hooked.

Due mostly in part to your suggestion, I found myself watching this last night. It's pretty well done, and of a much higher quality than many SciFi programs (Battlestar is still good though). Anyway, I like the premise, and "scientific" approach they are taking to solving the puzzle-like mysteries of the room.

What's the deal with the comb and the chick feeling better? I dunno. Probably need a few more episodes to find out. ;)

here's what i have been watching this whole year..

Educational: Nova, Nature, Discovery, History

Reality: WWE, Jerry Springer :D

Series: House, Supernatural, CSI-LV, Heros

Animation: Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy

Others: Various cooking shows

International: 1 random Korean drama (ps i am not korean, i use the subtitles)

my choices change as fall changes to summer to spring for reality and series catagories only.

Due mostly in part to your suggestion, I found myself watching this last night. It's pretty well done, and of a much higher quality than many SciFi programs (Battlestar is still good though). Anyway, I like the premise, and "scientific" approach they are taking to solving the puzzle-like mysteries of the room.

What's the deal with the comb and the chick feeling better? I dunno. Probably need a few more episodes to find out. :sherlock:

I'm not sure about the chick feeling better in regard to the comb; perhaps because she is part of one of the cabals that is trying to gather all the objects? I think her group wants to destroy them instead of use them.

There are only 3, 2-hour parts to this 'mini-series' from what I gather. My housemate watches Battlestar & tried to get me hooked, but alas it was not to be. :D

Anyone watching Day Break?

It would be quite emotionally taxing to wake up everyday beside your girlfriend only to see her killed, over, and over, and over, and over... again.

When I first saw the marketing commercials a few months before it aired, my first thought was Groundhog's Day, and it turned me off. While I can understand why the girls like Taye, this isn't likely one that will last... So enjoy it... Now. :phones:

There are only 3, 2-hour parts to this 'mini-series' from what I gather.

Yep. Sci-fi is showing all of them this Sunday starting at 5:00 East...

SCIFI.COM | Schedulebot

05:00 PM ORIGINAL MINISERIES THE LOST ROOM - PT 1: THE KEY AND THE CLOCK

07:00 PM ORIGINAL MINISERIES THE LOST ROOM - PT 2: THE COMB AND THE BOX

09:00 PM ORIGINAL MINISERIES THE LOST ROOM - PT 3: THE EYE AND THE PRIME OBJECT

Looks like 4:00 your time:

SCIFI.COM | Schedulebot

I watch BSG with the GF... I tend to use that as my time to catch up on threads while she's enthralled, which is part of the reason I like it so much. ;)

Yep. Sci-fi is showing all of them this Sunday starting at 5:00 East...

SCIFI.COM | Schedulebot

Looks like 4:00 your time:

SCIFI.COM | Schedulebot

I watch BSG with the GF... I tend to use that as my time to catch up on threads while she's enthralled, which is part of the reason I like it so much. :fire:

Roger. Part three starts in 30 minutes here so I will be indisposed to Hypography for a couple hours. It'll just be me, the coffee, and a bag of Bugler...mmmm....cozy. :hyper: :eek2: ;)

• 1 month later...

PBS mostly: Masterpiece Theatre, Nova, National Geographic, News, and just about any other science program on there that catches my attention.

Also, started watching Taiwanese operas based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, so that I can keep an ear for the language (forgotten a lot), and learn some more of the literature and culture.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• 2 weeks later...

The cricket

Angel series 2 (much better than 1) DVD's are great -no adds

Missed first episode of Heroes.:doh: Is it good?

FTA TV is appalling- reality and quiz shows. :lol:

Without the ABC, I would not have T.V., even then shows like The Bill have become soapies. :beer: Watched Midsummer Murders tonight great Brit. detective show.

• 4 weeks later...
OK getting into Heros starting to develop.

What episode is ABC (assuming they're the network rich enough to cough up the fees!) up to there? We're probably quite a few months ahead of you here in the states....

It gets even better, this week's episode was outrageous...

Save the cheerleader, :)

Buffy

ABC here is one of the poorest stations! Most of the pop shows end up one 7, 9 or 10

OC finished, I barely watched the last season, but thought I would at least watch the final episode ever - I want that hour of my life back :)

Watching stargate (sg1 season 10 - the last season?), house and greys :)

TV sucks

We must camp in the same park.

But when I sit down, it's usually CSI. On Fridays and Saturdays the have more down to Earth "detective series" which my wife likes so I watch them with her (just so I get my share of the chocolate and chips). :hihi: