Science Forums

Flags on the Moon

Guest liliangrn

I've disproven all these theoroms at this forum:

Fallen Ideas Helping The World One Idea At A Time - People landing on the moon...

Actually I am just chipping the stone...but I am doing good so far. Check it out.

Yep, because its made of Green Cheese they would have bounced! :)

Sounds like you're doing a great job of proving it was faked in that forum. Why don't you quit while you're ahead? :)

I believe Odin (as Wodin) argued, against the majority at fallenideas, that the Apollo Moon landings were not faked. A hard task at that site, but someone has to do it :)

Ah, what a marvelous collection of oddities and curios are to be found on the Word Wide Web!

The conspiracy is even deeper than we think. Wasn't President Bush AOL from the Texas National Guard in 1972? As a member of the Illuminati he was summoned by his father, then head of the CIA, to help fake the final two Apollo missions, 16 and 17. It cannot be coincidence! :) :)

Bill

I believe Odin (as Wodin) argued, against the majority at fallenideas, that the Apollo Moon landings were not faked. A hard task at that site, but someone has to do it :)

Ah! My mistake! I didn't make the Odin/Woden connection. Apologies on defense of Apollo are in order! :)!

But its really Gorgonzola,

Buffy

I know that with Google Earth Pro you can tell the general race(white or black) of a person from the sattelite's images. Type in almost any big city and this is possible, and they are pictures that look as if you were only about 500 feet up.

Are you a left-fielder? Where the heck did that post come from?

Bill

I know that with Google Earth Pro you can tell the general race(white or black) of a person from the sattelite's images. Type in almost any big city and this is possible, and they are pictures that look as if you were only about 500 feet up.

Actually the zoom on Google Earth is relatively good for country landscapes but is crap for suberban areas. I remember using Google Earth one time to bring a zoom down to 30-50km from a transport truck on the secondary hiway but when zooming into the suberban areas of a city...no good ... the clarity is completely out of whack

Actually the zoom on Google Earth is relatively good for country landscapes but is crap for suberban areas. I remember using Google Earth one time to bring a zoom down to 30-50km from a transport truck on the secondary hiway but when zooming into the suberban areas of a city...no good ... the clarity is completely out of whack

It's because Google Earth uses satellite images, and the resolution on most earth observation satellites (ie of the kind that a government would be willing to share) are above 1m.

In my thread at Fallen Ideas there is a post on szing in relation to distances...to where bringing the relavency of size in perspective to distance :

Re: People landing on the moon...

« Reply #22 on Feb 21, 2007, 9:33am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures on the moon to where the shadows are long is due to the fact that the surface of the moon is relatively smaller than the earth.Therewith shadows creep across the landscape and are longer. Furthermore shadows are always parrallel to a rotation to which causes a sundial shadow to be employed.

In any case the explination of the non-parallel shadows is incorporated from the curvature in the moon which is 20x smaller than the earth.The moons curvature causes the shadows to bend or not be parrallel.

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA04531

Re: People landing on the moon...

« Reply #23 on Feb 22, 2007, 11:48am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is evident that due to the fact that the moon is relatively smaller than the earth

[looking at the NASA photo from Mars and bringing forth the moon to the same distance of earth from Mars will clearly show that the moon is approx. 15x smaller than the earth] the curvature of the moon will affect distance perceptions. On earth a person can see appx 20km on a clear day to where the earths curvature compromises that sight but under certain circumstances such as if the air is moist at sea level and dry in the atmosphere [very rare on a clear day] a person can compromise that 20km limitation and can see over 35km sometimes which allows a person to see the United States skyline over Lake Ontario from Toronto.

With that being said the curvature of the moon will affect distance different and a distance of 20 km is reduced 15x to 10.5 km. That is to say on the moon due to the lack of atmosphere there is no refraction of the atmosphere to extend any sight and a distance of 5 km will be the same as 8km due to the large differentiation is sight perception being reduced.

So if the shuttle is 3 km from a mountain and i step back 500m to take a picture the mountain will appear the same distance.If I step back another 500m and take another picture the distance is increased between me and the shuttle but the mountain appears the same distance. Now I step back another 1 km, now the shuttle is even farther but the mountains still appear the same distance.

This is due to the reduced visability of the moons curvature. If the shuttle were closer to the mountains then the perception of relativity would be different in distance relativity and the illusion would not be able to be created.

The fact is that the picture is an illusion of distance and how the mind can misinterprete distance within a photograph not from fake or trick photography but from points of references and there is nothing fake about these pictures, just the illusion to which your perceptions had fooled your mind into thinking the pictures were fake.

I thought it was in reference to that.

In any case the explination of the non-parallel shadows is incorporated from the curvature in the moon which is 20x smaller than the earth.The moons curvature causes the shadows to bend or not be parrallel.

This would not be visible to the naked eye, or surface level camera. The use of wide angle lenses is what makes shadows look skewed. But you are certainly on the right track.

Bill

As Qfwfq noted nearly 2 years ago in post #23, with a large enough telescope aperture, one could directly observe Moon artifacts such as those left by the Apollo missions.

According to Rayleigh’s Criteria, the 300 m baseline NPOI optical interferometer in Arizona should be able to resolve the surface of the Moon at about 0.72 m. That’s about equal to the best resolution of the Earth’s surface in images such as those used by Google Earth, and should be enough to resolve objects like the abandoned Apollo LEM Descent modules (and their shadows).

To my knowledge, nobody’s attempted to use the NPOI or a similar observatory in this way. These instruments are rare, expensive, and ill-suited to this sort of observation. The NPOI can only take about 100 angular measurements in one night, so building up such an image would be time consuming and unusual. Instruments like these are used to make direct astrometric measurements, like the disks of stars and galaxies. I suspect nobody has thought it worthwhile to dedicate their use to disproving a claim (that there are no Apollo LEM modules on the Moon) that no professional astronomer thinks plausible. Also, simply proving that the vehicles are there wouldn’t silence claims that no person has visited the Moon.

A really big interferometer (a couple of kilometers baseline) could in principle resolve features as small as actual astronaut footprints – which, since the Moon has no atmosphere or other significant sources of erosion, should still be there. Building one like that – a huge baseline, but minimal light-gathering – would be quite the armature project, no? :hihi:

You have it backwards. Most of the highest resolution imagery is to be found in urban areas. You can see the shrubs, trees and the gazebo in the middle of the Pentagon, and people's shadows on the streets of New York City.

The reason for this is demand. There is a greater demand for hi-rez in city areas than in wilderness or small town areas. (The majority of the imagery of large urban areas comes from aircraft photography.) Therefore, there is a greater availability of imagery for urban centers.