Science Forums

Can something move faster than light?

Tormod

Can something move faster than light?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Can something move faster than light?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Right...

Call me an alien, I don't care, but 50m/s is by no means an accelerarion equation. That would've been 50m/s squared. Have you got anything to contribute here, or are you simply gonna keep spouting stront?

You have not contributed one answer to the question, or, do you even know what it is? Are trying to become some third party examiner who wishes to be seen as smart or can you either answear, or support an answer to the main,point. Do you know what the question is? In case you don't.. Can something move faster than light? Something means two answers might apply a thought which you say is imaginary , which in the theory of "UNCERTAINTY" is and how the basis for creativity is supported. Or your insistance that your little formulas and how you receite them maks you the examiner or the umpire of the people who whish to express their reasons, whether sound , exact, or just fun. You were not elected to monitor ideas or challenge, simply state your answer, if you have one, class is over for planet ZEON.

DORSEY

No. Happy now?
Thank you. I promise that the discovery or proof will have a working formula that can be tested atleast on a molecular level. It will be tied to a religion (or the result of a belief), we are all going through a lot tof different theroms one may cancel out another, but having you watching and testing will be a blessing.

DORSEY YES!

Mr. Dorsey, I know you were joking in the above post. And I know you were joking, because being tied to a belief, you remove it from the realm of science and install it in the realm of the unprovable - that's why faith is required. The provable becomes science, per definition, and is independent of any religion. Oxygen reacts explosively with Hydrogen, and always in the proper ratio, doesn't matter if the experimenter is a Hindu or a Muslim.

You must have been joking, because even you can see the logical inconsistency in what you propose.

Pretty weak joke, though. It might just land this thread in the realm of Strange Claims.

Mr. Dorsey, I know you were joking in the above post. And I know you were joking, because being tied to a belief, you remove it from the realm of science and install it in the realm of the unprovable - that's why faith is required. The provable becomes science, per definition, and is independent of any religion. Oxygen reacts explosively with Hydrogen, and always in the proper ratio, doesn't matter if the experimenter is a Hindu or a Muslim.

You must have been joking, because even you can see the logical inconsistency in what you propose.

Pretty weak joke, though. It might just land this thread in the realm of Strange Claims.

I admire a person with a "PITBULL" attitude , I also know of a similar size animal with a stronger bite! This is what I need to prove, to a special person like yourself. It isn't as popular as the "Pit" and it is not shaped the same, characteristics are the same and the weight is the same in most breeds. In religion, You need to feel the math that was present at the time it was preached, not taught, per generation. Remeber to get a point over without a mike or mega speakers in spot where the accustics are still much to be desired is a WOW! I have uncovered a lot of truth, because , I had to stop long enough to listen ... this led me to re-evaluate my calculations, adjust my curve to the probable environment, as can be proven to me. Quantum Mechanics? Is it a portal or an excuse for people who arent real smart? I will wager that you will not have to; accept , believe, join, or even care about any religion, as you learn about the principals of time-space, again. I say again; because several papers are available that you will need to digest. I will post the most relevant ones in this concern. Please don't forget the question! Bro. Einstein found out in his last cognazine moments how close he was to the truth, and that "who would carry on" as he would? (We have only had one implosive device that was of a noticeble consequence). Quantum Mechanics will breach a few other possibilities. I will give you a set of relative Authors and theroms that will keep you up as long as I have been. (I know you are just trying to help gather a, or, the formula that demonstrates an occurance greater than but relative to an event before e=mc2 so that it isfundamental in e=mc2 at every occurance (fundamental of e=mc2) try E=mhc2 . (h=a doxygen).

DORSEY

DORSEY

Dorsey, Is English your first language?

Seriously...

TFS

Love is my first language and only median! English is fine if you can read english. Try this: Do you feel or know if; The speed of light or any varience of e=mc2, can be transfe

NOTE: (the ultimate rating of velocity from point A to point B on a plane of 180* angle ) , (regardless of environment or circumstance in respect of the medium present, i.e. plasma, air, vaccum, thought,) (projected, transferred)

In english my friens transfer would mean to convey or remove, remove, or remove fromone place to another, from on place to another. To cause to pass from one person to another, as a thought, qualities, or power; and then to move from one surface to another. Boing Boing, ...

Now you, show me you know English, and I will show you the math. Hello!! Put your explan .. in a formula and EXplain in plain English or never ask me; "Do I speak English" ... (ich haber meinen morgen was ist das de sagen?) (shitzkauf).. Please forgive your question and (i can't get rid of this respose I have to send it as is ....OOOOPS!

The speed of light is an observational limit to an observer outside the photon's frame of reference. To the photon it travels to all points in the universe instantly, so to the photon it's speed is infinite. Therefore, the answer would be no, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.

That brings up a rather interesting thought. If the universe were a computer program and you were to use the photon to write the program you could write the entire universe with a single photon. I'm not proposing this it's just a thought.

The speed of light is an observational limit to an observer outside the photon's frame of reference. To the photon it travels to all points in the universe instantly, so to the photon it's speed is infinite. Therefore, the answer would be no, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.

That brings up a rather interesting thought. If the universe were a computer program and you were to use the photon to write the program you could write the entire universe with a single photon. I'm not proposing this it's just a thought.

Wow Littlebang! excellant except. The parallel universe would also be included if so I would have to rest my opinion and agree with you. I am surprised you said it is just a thought.

DORSEY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have been discussing this with our physics teacher and some of my classmates. I believe someone or something can go faster than light! You just have to move faster! Warp speed can do it. Here are some of the examples that we discussed some say no some says yes.

I have a couple of questions concerning this issue.. Okay first question.

1) Are After Images (Optical Illusions) means moving at lightspeed or faster?

Click for after Image example!

http://www.fileden.com/pview.php?fid=18948&fname=Goku_image.jpg

2) I was also wondering if you are trapped inside of a bomb and you can not escape because the bomb is tough metal but you escape with Super Speed in the INSTANT of the explosion!:eek:

Are these examples faster than light?:)

No both are sub-light speed.

In number one, if you think about it, you will always leave an after image. Because once the light reaches the other persons eyes you wont be where you were when the light left you.

In number two, an explosion happens at a sub-light speed so to outrun is you only need to travel a little bit faster, still below c.

Also what is this warp speed you refer to?

No both are sub-light speed.

In number one, if you think about it, you will always leave an after image. Because once the light reaches the other persons eyes you wont be where you were when the light left you.

In number two, an explosion happens at a sub-light speed so to outrun is you only need to travel a little bit faster, still below c.

Also what is this warp speed you refer to?

Sorry about that what I meant was Some sort of space warping.

Thanks for the info but I am concerned about your anaylisis on the second question. I did not mean to outrun an explosion, I meant to escape in the INSTANT of the explosion????

What do you mean by Sub-lightspeed?:)