Science Forums

What do these numbers mean?

Buffy

C'mon guys, try a little harder. Its a question about what this particular sequence of numbers might mean. It might be their relationship to one another, or relationship to some specific set of numbers in nature or politics or something real.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." -- Dick Feynman

Keep em' coming!

Buffy

(1)4

(2)8

(3)15

(4)16

(5)23

(6)42

(1) x 2 x 2 - 1 + 1 +((2)-1) x 2 - (1)

i'll be honest with you guys and say that i have yet to pass algebra 1..(going on my third year, well if you count 8th grade, i suppose it's fourth)

and this probably has nothing to do with what buffy meant. :naughty: :hihi:

Well, the football team captain's instructions mean a great lot, s'far's I know... :naughty:
Sure, and that might be the answer, BUT the question would be IF they are call's by a quarterback (American) or captain (everywhere else), what do these *specific* numbers mean?

Cheers,

Buffy

well that makes no sense because the ones and twos are just labels i gave them, but who knows. i'm stopping here, i know nothing about mathematics. :naughty:
You may be on the right track, and it may actually help *not* to know about math!

Cheers,

Buffy

Is the sequence of any import? (ie is just easier to list them from lowest to highest?)
Maybe. They were originally listed in that order, so it needs to be taken into consideration. But not necessarily....

Cheers,

Buffy

___I threw away my bibles so I can't check that reference. I don't see any common difference among the numbers, no geometric progression, nor are they multiples of Fibonacci numbers. They may represent some 'close packing' count, but not close-packed circles or spheres.

___Off the topic a little, in Matthew, Jesus describes a data structure; did you ever notice that?:naughty:

___I will keep at these numbers regardless.