Science Forums

What do these numbers mean?

Buffy

I have a feeling that the numbers are not related by math, but rather by something tangible - like the sequence: 6 6 7 9 8 6 8 - the number of letters in the days of the week, in order. What is throwing me off is the range of the numbers, and the order.

___OK, some more observations. If order doesn't really matter, the list is no address, date, page number, or any form of ordination. I tried numerologically assigning letters, but there is no 42nd letter. Finally, we have all assumed they are base ten "numbers" & we can only know for sure they are base nine or higher. But then you said math ability isn't necessary. Still stumped; back to Perry Mason show:cup:

...But then you said math ability isn't necessary...
Be careful, I said its not necessarily necessary...math might be the answer though. Ordering may be significant, or maybe its not!
Still stumped; back to Perry Mason show:cup:
Who knows? Maybe Perry will jog your brain... Don't give up!

Cheers,

Buffy

Luke was an atheist? How'd he get in the New Testament?

No, Luke was probably not an atheist...not as far as I know... what I was referring to was that I am an atheist, but I agree that I should have made that clearer...

i can't get any meaning out of the verses, but that goes for many more verses of the bible as well for me. They don't seem to be logically related to each other.

By the way, there are two books in the old testament that also contains the same verse numbers: Leviticus and Ezekiel. I can find no connection between those verses either, so it is probably just a coincidence.

what I was referring to was that I am an atheist, but I agree that I should have made that clearer...
It seemed clear enough to me! :hyper:

Quarterback! I had forgotten that term... sorry... thanks...

*bump*

No more thoughts people? This is a great puzzle! Let the mind wander. I was kinda hoppin' to get some more ideas by Wednesday, when I might actually get an answer... (No, I don't know!).

Cheers,

Buffy

Are they the numbers you won the lottery with? Perhaps the ages of family members.
In fact they were used to win a lottery, but the question of their significance (which actually appears to have nothing to do with the lottery) is what were trying to figure out here...It may be a numerical relationship as a couple of tries above have shown, or it may be a mapping to something else, although it is supposed to be something that is more than "somebodys' birthdays"... Keep thinking!

Cheers,

Buffy

In fact they were used to win a lottery, but the question of their significance
Oh, lottery winning... let me suggest you look up the Neapolitan tradition of these things. In Naples, when people have dreams in which certain odd things happen, they play corresponding numbers according to a traditional lore. Each odd type of thing in a dream is associated with one of the numbers of the game.

There might be similar traditions in other places, I dunno, but it's a very strong thing with people of the Naples area.