Science Forums

Pgrmdave promoted

Tormod

Pgrmdave has been promoted to full Moderator after a month as Junior Mod.

Your contribution is extremely good, PG. Keep it up! I know you may not have as much time as you like - do remember to put school first! - but all of us are very, very happy to have you as a moderator.

Wooo hoo! Congrats Dave! Well deserved! Here here!

Suggestion: practice Orb's technique of doing your posting/moderating *in class* so it'll look in your off hours to Zadojla that you're not spending much time here! (I guess he's watchin' though!) :)

Cheers,

Buffy

PG's rise has been phenomenal. At first I thought he was just another guy with those strange letters at the front. you know... like pmaust and a few others i forgot.... so similar. but PG kept posting like 20 posts a day initially. only then did I realize that he was one to be reckoned with. Not to discount others, but this guy is on a roll! Same age as me as well....

Good on ya mate!

Wooo hoo! Congrats Dave! Well deserved! Here here!

Suggestion: practice Orb's technique of doing your posting/moderating *in class* so it'll look in your off hours to Zadojla that you're not spending much time here! (I guess he's watchin' though!) :(

Cheers,

Buffy

Not only am I watching, but I can always call his mother, or worse yet, sic beccareb's mother on him. (And I pay attention to time stamps!)

Pgrmdave promoted

My first experience with a moderator has been with pgrmdave. His handling of a deteriorating situation was first rate. I am indebted to him. Congratulations.

I must say that he handled your situation well and this is a positive sign.

In my own experience, he was the first to cast a stone at me, and on only my 3rd post as a new member. He gave me a bad mark on my reputation and commented that I did not elaborate enough on this post,

Personally I think not, at least not in the sense of a spiritual God. I might agree that nature itself is God if there were any God I could be convinced to believe in based on the available evidence.

This, in the thread that asks only, Is there a God, What do you think?

In his own first post in this same thread he simply said,

For those who don't believe, what proof would you need? For those who do believe, what proof do you have?

Elaboration? All he did was ask more questions. I thought I elaborated at least as much as his own example. I thought my post was on topic, answered the question asked, no more, no less. Is this not enough? Could he say the same of his own response?

He was the only member in my first week here, that gave me an unwelcome feeling. Perhaps my post here will urge him to act less hastily in the future with other new members.

C1ay, it is generally a good idea to discuss negative things with a mod or one of the admins before you post them in the forums.

Dave has only been a Junior Mod for a month and now has done a lot of good work for Hypography.

The mods spend an awful lot of time taking care of behind-the-scenes stuff. Cut them some slack and all will be fine.

C1ay, it is generally a good idea to discuss negative things with a mod or one of the admins before you post them in the forums.

Dave has only been a Junior Mod for a month and now has done a lot of good work for Hypography.

The mods spend an awful lot of time taking care of behind-the-scenes stuff. Cut them some slack and all will be fine.

I would say it is generally a good idea to give someone a warning before placing a mark against them. I have been employed as a paid moderator for Ziff Davis Media, Ziff DAvis University, CNet, SmartPlanet and ElementK. I regularly moderate for Slashdot as well so I am well aware of t he behind-the-scenes stuff required to maintain the site. One thing that I have seen that all of these sites need is members. Chastising new members without warning is not a good way to moderate or retain members IMO. I am sorry if I've stepped on anyone's toes. Perhaps my post here was hasty but it was a hasty act that solicited it.

C1ay, it is generally a good idea to discuss negative things with a mod or one of the admins before you post them in the forums..

Perhaps you should explore the possibility to private message with CC capability. This discussion really does not belong on the forum but I did not see a way to communicate with multiple mods on the issue concurrently.

Perhaps you should explore the possibility to private message with CC capability. This discussion really does not belong on the forum but I did not see a way to communicate with multiple mods on the issue concurrently.

When you send a private message there is a text right under the "To" field which says

You may send up to 5 messages at a time.

Separate multiple user names with ';'

Should suffice, I think. :o