Science Forums

Pgrmdave promoted

Tormod

When you send a private message there is a text right under the "To" field which says

You may send up to 5 messages at a time.

Separate multiple user names with ';'

Should suffice, I think. :o

Didn't know that but do now, I certainly wouldn't have known it on my 3rd post when this happened. Thanks.

Didn't know that but do now, I certainly wouldn't have known it on my 3rd post when this happened. Thanks.

C1ay,

While your input is welcome, and you have the right to your opinions, I also must agree with Tormod. " it is generally a good idea to discuss negative things with a mod or one of the admins before you post them in the forums."

We try to be a very friendly community here. If you have a problem with a Moderator, your first course of action should be to contact one of the Administrators. It should NOT be to post that problem in a thread that is meant to congratulate that Moderator for his hard work. It's great to get feedback, but this is not the thread to air your complaints about pgrmdave.

Also, your Reputation comments are only visible to you, AFAIK. I am not able to view your Rep comments, and you are not able to view mine. That's one of the great things about it - it can be used as a very effective tool to gauge how we are doing in the Forums. I enjoy reading my reputation comments, even if they are not all good. They show me where I need work, or what I'm doing right. So while pgrmdave's comment might have upset you, it was not something that anyone else knew about, until you mentioned it. You did, however, have the chance to PM him and ask him about it, let one of the Admins know, or give him Reputation comments as well.

We enjoy all of our members, and have experienced some amazing growth in the past few months. With that increase, new Moderators are needed. If anyone is interested in becoming a Moderator, OR if you want to nominate another member, please contact an Administrator with your suggestions. Thanks for your interest, and for making Hypography such a success!!

C1ay, it is generally a good idea to discuss negative things with a mod or one of the admins before you post them in the forums.

Dave has only been a Junior Mod for a month and now has done a lot of good work for Hypography.

The mods spend an awful lot of time taking care of behind-the-scenes stuff. Cut them some slack and all will be fine.

C1ay,

While your input is welcome, and you have the right to your opinions, I also must agree with Tormod. " it is generally a good idea to discuss negative things with a mod or one of the admins before you post them in the forums."

You are both correct. I should not have rained on Dave's parade as I did. My apologies Dave.