Science Forums

Error message of the day

they are just saying that your query looks like that of a bot (generaly consecutive queries) they are not being your enemy, they want to be your friend, so instead of blocking you at the wall level, they let you redeem your sainthood :)

Apparently it's a problem for many employees of my company across the country. Here's the message I just recieved from th IT Dept.:

Many employees are reporting that they are directed to a web page like the one shown below when attempting a Google search. Corporate IT is working actively with Google to determine the cause of this.

weird... :)

Is everything in your company coming from a single focal point? like one or two addresses that everyone goes through by various means, like vpn's and such? If yes, google may just be responding to the sheer amount of google traffic from that one address...? (just a thought)

Also, have you guys instituted google appliances for company-wide searching (cuz that would just be cool, and take some outside load off, granted ofcourse that that you actually have a need for such service...)

shoot speaking of that, i gotta call back my google rep about email.... be back in a few :)

Is everything in your company coming from a single focal point? like one or two addresses that everyone goes through by various means, like vpn's and such?

I'm not quite sure. They just did some major IT overhauls "behind the scene". The announcements about changes to our new corporate intranet portal coincided with the google problems, if that's any indication.

If yes, google may just be responding to the sheer amount of google traffic from that one address...? (just a thought)

You may be right. You'd think a corporate IT dept. would consider that though. Need a job Alex? :magic:

Also, have you guys instituted google appliances for company-wide searching (cuz that would just be cool, and take some outside load off, granted ofcourse that that you actually have a need for such service...)

That would be cool! Unfortunately, since it is an engineering firm, most things go the way of practical/un-cool. I don't think we'd have much use for it really. Most people at my office are stuck in CAD programs all day. :rolleyes:

shoot speaking of that, i gotta call back my google rep about email.... be back in a few :cheer:

Do tell; How does Google email work for a company? What is the benefit over having dedicated mail servers?

"The page you are tryingto access has been denied on the following grounds:

Nudity

Profanity

Violence

Suicide

Gore

Please use the computers for something else." - At the public Library

What was I trying to get to you may ask,

Hypography!

Their system must have picked up on Pyro's sword picture. :hihi:

http://hypography.com/forums/lounge/8167-whats-goin-our-real-lives.html

:wink: :cup:

I'm not quite sure. They just did some major IT overhauls "behind the scene". The announcements about changes to our new corporate intranet portal coincided with the google problems, if that's any indication.

Naw, not necessarily an indication there, free...

You may be right. You'd think a corporate IT dept. would consider that though. Need a job Alex? :hihi:

And deal with CAD nightmares that i have here even more?

That would be cool! Unfortunately, since it is an engineering firm, most things go the way of practical/un-cool. I don't think we'd have much use for it really. Most people at my office are stuck in CAD programs all day. :wink:

Well, you must have text files all over your network, and also cad drawings left and right, google appliance would index them all for quicker searches.... so it may be very practical, tho it does cost a lot!

Do tell; How does Google email work for a company? What is the benefit over having dedicated mail servers?

Email will be a topic of a future interactive tutorial (like the one on desktop deployment) :cup:

On the topic of error messages: I'm trying to access this server as a net admin, the thing comes back as "The server may not be reachable, or you do not have propper permissions to access this folder. If the problem persists, please contact your administrator.":doh:

Nudity

Profanity

Violence

Suicide

Gore

Hypography!

Don't you just love automatic filters. What else to call them but blatant censorship?

Nudity

Profanity

Violence

Suicide

Gore

Hypography!

We clearly do not satisfy all of those....!!!

So to correct all the mistakes we have made to not fully make it onto that list, lets start

Nudity - ok, some things i have posted can be considered as such, but nothing really really worth mention, so to correct this otherwise simple mistake i present to you the linux bodypaint :wink:

[img=http://hypography.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1999&stc=1&d=1199993651]http://hypography.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1999&stc=1&d=1199993651[/img]

(Perfectly educational experience)

Profanity - already around, and i have definitely contributed to that, though i rarely do it in that profanity way, technically words like en****erating and ****youratively (as in "****youratively speaking") can be used as profanities...

Violence - I have discussed violent exothermic reactions before, i am sure many other people have done so too in the chem forum

Suiside - This is not very commonly discussed topic here, but in 523AD, after a long civil war, the Sui dynasty came into power in China. The more famouse of the Sui emperors Zhou abolished the anti-Han policies and was quite popular with Confucian scholars. In 588AD, Sui amassed 18,000 warriors along the northern side of the Yanktze River, on the southern side Chen dynasty was quickly filling up their port-o-lets. So what Suiside must be referring to is the winning side. So you read the forums, you win, we got suiside :hihi:

(ref: Sui Dynasty)

Gore - gore site:hypography.com - case proven, we have discussed him....

Rightfully blocked, a site like this will be blocked in the US once Huckabee takes over the office... I will so move out, faster then they can say eneffulgenosesquipedaliperennialification :cup: