Science Forums

What's this in my Yard?

Racoon

Can you provide some more info such as alternate/opposite leaves, is the stem square?, and the smell when crushed?

I think I know what it is, but I need some more info/better picture to know for sure. :doh:

Heres couple more pics..

If I had to say what it smelled like, I would have to say its in the ballpark and family with FeverFew.

The stems are woody and similar to Sage.

Spit it out Freeztar...Then I'll google it. Its really bugging me that I can't remember what it is! :)

If I had to say what it smelled like, I would have to say its in the ballpark and family with FeverFew.

I'm not familiar with feverfew's scent unfortunately. :(

The stems are woody and similar to Sage.

Spit it out Freeztar...Then I'll google it. Its really bugging me that I can't remember what it is! :turtle:

I was guessing sage. :cup:

What do the flowers look like? Color, petals, and emergent location would be most helpful. :)

I should preface that I'm not good at ornamental/agricultural plants. :phones:

The second picture is captivating. I love the intertwining of the stems and the terminal leaf clusters. It's almost bonsai. Perhaps Turtle can shed some light?

Nope, I'm not convinced.

Unless of course there has been some SERIOUS manicuring performed.

In the absence of a good leaf shot (close-up), I can only presume from the photos available that the leaves emerge from the terminal ends of the stalks. They seem whorled (or perhaps Lamiaceae-esque), but there is not enough detail in the photos to confirm or deny any of this.