Science Forums

Green Ring

Queso

Check it-

When I was a young boy I would take so much pleasure in just sitting there pressing my eyes in with my hands.

The tunnels were profound! I thought every kid knew about this stuff.:hihi:

Well, the tunnels would always lead to this neon green // yellow ring that would form from hypnagogic blobs along the way.

This same green ring sometimes overtakes my vision when I'm hiking in the mountains, high in evelation. I don't even need to close my eyes. It's intense and I have to stop and relax.:)

Does anyone else experience this or has any idea what it is?

I'm serious. I just thought about it and it weirded me out:confused:

Being a confessed eyeball self-massager, the green rings you observe is the pressure you place on your eyeballs being transmitted to your retina via the uncompressable transparent snot that fills up your eye. In my experience, they tend to brighten and darken and change colour as the pressure you apply varies.

When hiking at high altitude, pressure changes could be in part responsible for this, but I think lowered oxygen levels might be a bigger factor, seeing as you gradually decompress as you hike higher.

The most impressive rings would be when you're in a high-flying aircraft, right next to the door that's just about to blow out. I reckon you'll see the most awesome luminous green rings from the explosive decompression, right before your eyeballs themselves get sucked out. But I wouldn't recommend it, nor try it. I'm just guessing here.

The most impressive rings would be when you're in a high-flying aircraft, right next to the door that's just about to blow out. I reckon you'll see the most awesome luminous green rings from the explosive decompression, right before your eyeballs themselves get sucked out. But I wouldn't recommend it, nor try it. I'm just guessing here.

Maybe I will have to try that sometime! :hihi:

interesting you mention it. i dont get green rings or anything, but i notice that i do have bright flashes sometimes when breathing hard or physically exerting myself. especially when hiking in the mountains i often get bright flashes and sometimes have white/yellow spots. i haven't really thought much about it, but it sounds similar to what your saying.

but i am not an eye pusher (i am not wierd :hihi: ), but i do always itch my eyes fairly hard. :hyper:

When I was a young boy I would take so much pleasure in just sitting there pressing my eyes in with my hands

You're strange, orbscyli....very strange...:alien_dance: :beer-fresh: :girlneener: :jumpforjoy: :( (joke)

Does anyone here get blue blobs that decrease in size when they have their eyes shut and are in a dark room? I get that a lot....

As for the thing about exertion leading to flashes of light, I experience that as well...strange....I guess it's just like "why do you geta twitch in the corner of your eye when you're tired?":shrug:

I'll try and find out...:alien_dance:

those blobs are Hypnagogic.

I see mostly green and yellow hypnagogic hues.

When I tune my frequency down along with my heart, these hues evolve into very vivid visions that ALL try to carry us away into dream state. O But if you stay awake.

This is especially fun to try after sleeping 6 hours, waking up, then laying in bed and remaining conscious, and aware.

After a while you'll probably hear things explode and it will scare you so bad that you'll want to jolt, but you'll realize you can't

as you enter Sleep Paralysis

And if you remain conscious there...wow

You can just imagine a door behind you and everything that's on the other side, turn around and open it into completely other world.

Takes a lot of praxis and rhythm.

On another note-

I can recall a lot of kids I used to be around when I was young who also found a lot fun in flying through the inner caves of the mind by pressing our eyes in with our arms, or hands (usually while sitting with our heads down)

Indigo children can harmonize with this. We're all ascending as one.

interesting you mention it. i dont get green rings or anything, but i notice that i do have bright flashes sometimes when breathing hard or physically exerting myself.

I've noticed that when I am going to sleep and the fridge in the next room kicks into action I get a very bright flash in my eyes, even though my eyelids are closed and the room is in total darkness.

I have also suffered dizzyness while getting up after reading for an hour or so (I have a resting blood pressure of 90/60) and have noticed that it's a bit like a checkerboard pattern of varying sizes (and grab something quickly before I black out).

Also, being myopic (shortsighted) since 10, I discovered that I could make hard to read characters on the blackboard come into focus (if you were good you would progress to the back of the class and if you were bad you would go forwards, closer to the teacher) by pressing my thumb and forefinger together on both hands (creating a tiny square view hole). Considering how gravity bends around the sun, surely this opposite effect is caused by optics, not gravity.

Anyway it's weird how our brains perceive similar things.

On another note-

I can recall a lot of kids I used to be around when I was young who also found a lot fun in flying through the inner caves of the mind by pressing our eyes in with our arms, or hands (usually while sitting with our heads down)

Indigo children can harmonize with this. We're all ascending as one.

I have memories of doing this a lot when I was bored in class in elementary school.

I kind of assumed it was a normal thing to do.

(Although, I had almost no friends at all in elementary school, so, looking back, my perception on what was normal back then was probably a bit off.)

When I was bored in class, I'd sit there pressing and rubbing my eyes really hard so that the visions would appear behind my eyelids.

I recall floating through milti-colored blobs of light.

It always appeared that I was floating towards the blobs. They'd always change or disappear revealing new blobs with new colors.

Constantly shifting, changing, evolving.

I'd sit there for so many minutes at a time, rubbing.

I thought it was so cool looking.

I'd sit there pressing and rubbing for minutes at a time, trying to drag out the visions for as long as possible.

But it would always hit a point where the colors and blobs would disappear and evade me. And I'd be forced to open my eyes, and let my eyes adjust to normal daytime reality again.

It's so strange, thinking back to all of this.

All these quirky things I did as a kid.

Things I didn't give much thought to at the time,

Didn't know why I saw visions,

just thought they were so cool.

I was almost altering my reality.

Pressing my own buttons, exploring.

almost like when a human gets intoxicated.