Science Forums

The Hypo TGIF Thread

Tormod

This may be for Aussies only Im not sure - but since there is an ever increasing presence of us here... also you non-aussies can still have fun on it and if you want a shirt you could always have it mailed to me first and ill forward it on ;)

create your own T-Shirt designs and have them at your door in a few short days

Foghorn - Design your own t-shirt

I played around a made some pretty cool designs :D (including a hypo one)

Well, dear friends, once more into the breach.

It's Friday. Time for a few fun forrays into the depths of interspace.

The last living member of the Golden Age of Science Fiction (I think):

Ray Bradbury

Monster fractal art:

fractalus (Fractals/Fractal Art, Contests, and Info)

Advanced physics--not for the faint of heart:

Cambridge Relativity

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

A local radio station runs a TGIF (G=God)

They run though the winners and losers of the week usually with a few interesting personalities/comics/journos

Sometime it is extremely funny, sometimes it is just OK

Some small knowledge of Local Sydney events may be needed.

I will post here when it is worth listening to

Last Friday's was worth listening to

"7/10" try! It is about 25 minutes

702 Drive » ABC Sydney

Now I'm retired, Fridays mean little to me. (Come to think of it I worked most week-endns anyhow- very un-Australian) so I don't get that Friday sense of relief.

My favorite joy is listening the the peak hour traffic reports ( on at regular intervals on above radio station)

The more fowled up and chaotic the better

I just love to sit listening to my radio thinking "I'm not there" (No hate mail please)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it Friday again?!?!?!?! :eek_big::eek::eek_big::eek::eek_big:

Whatever happened to June?

Lessee, some TGIF links... hmmm...

For you fans of OLD American cowboy movies, we got this.

For you redneck fans, this here site is a lot of fun, and has a page all about Gabby Hayes!! :hihi:

And finally, for you Steve McQueen" fans, here is a list of all the movies and TV shows he ever showed up in. Except... I saw part of a movie yesterday with S.McQ. as a prisoner in a swamp prison (Louisiana?). Chain gang, it was, logging in the swamp--and that movie seems to be missing from the list. :eek_big::mademyday::eek_big:

Anybody have any idea what it was?

[EDIT] It was a scene from Papillon. :doh:

What?!?!?! It's Friday again?!?!?!

Whatever happened to 2005?

Oh, well, here are a few TGIF treats for you high-IQ boys and girls.

If you don't know the name Scott Kim, then you are uneducated and not worthy of polite company. However, that can be fixed, if you just go here.

Want to watch a profound, meaningful cartoon that will inspiralize your chacras? Then go to this page and click on the words, "WATCH THIS MOVIE". It will change your life. Or maybe not.

Want to be smarter? I do!! Then take this link. Check out the "Gibberish Generator".

Avec!

Pyro

OMG! :( OMG! :doh: OMG! :wave2: OMG! :wave2: OMG! :wave2: OMG! :read: OMG! :D OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big: OMG! :eek_big:

You have got to DROP EVERYTHING and take a look at this incredible site.

Everyone but you, Buffy. It may be too much for your sensitive innocence. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

Well its Fleet Week in San Francisco, so we're off to flirt with all the sailors go watch the Blue Angels because of course we're jingoistic, imperialist, blood-thirsty Americans its a great excuse to go to Pier 39, eat too much salt water taffy, drink root beer and stand in line at the Ghirardelli Square Ice Cream Fountain for an hour to get the best hot fudge sundae in the world.

Oof. And that will be seven miles on Monday to work it all off.

Choooooocolate and F/A-18's, :ohdear:

Buffy