Science Forums

VOTE: Tuesday, November 7, 2006

InfiniteNow

It's game time.

Do your duty, then you'll have a leg to stand on when you're whining about the country and the world. Hopefully you already have, but...

How?

Simple, really. Try here, for example.

Choose your state and proceed.

When finished, print the form and mail it to the appropriate address for your location (given at the site above after you've filled it out).

Tomorrow never comes, and you'll wish it was yesterday if you don't get off your tookis for 15 minutes of your life and make change happen.

Frankly, you're the only one who can.

http://www.firstgov.gov/Citizen/Topics/Voting.shtml

Absolutely. Registering to vote is simple. And voting is your voice in who represents you and your neighbors in the government. No matter if your candidate wins or loses, in a representative government those running listen to the voices of the voters. If you want your voice heard, vote.

Bill

My state of Washington offers the option of registering under a Permanent Absentee status which in effect allows us to vote by mail from home. I have already filled out and returned my ballot.

In addition to electing officials, voting is employed for approving or disapproving a good many ballot measures' passage into law.

:cup: :cup:

On a side note, the E-voting continues to present boondoggle after boondoggle; I urge you to urge your representatives to outlaw it.

Well, yes of course, vote! BUT,

You folks outside the US have been missing the clever adds the AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) has been running. Check out the related web site at:

http://www.dontvote.com

And DON'T VOTE!.....until you know where your candidate stands!

Backing my buddy Marg Helgenberger who sez: "I think the best time is in the fall. I like to do it in the morning. I told everybody, I had such a big mouth about it. I made the right choice."

Voting early and often,

Buffy

(I know this will at least work on Now! :eek_big: )

While I appreciate the less than honorable mention, it saddens me deeply that these are the types of issues which drive the citizenry to the polling booths.

With all of the international problems to be solved, or AT LEAST discussed openly, the attentional focus toward, what can only be termed, "hot button issues," the desire to legislate an individual's sense of morality and decency, seem robustly lacking in relevance when put into global context.

However, if voters could do so in the nude, then turnout among youths would significantly increase! Avoid the retirement homes though, and stick to the beaches... :doh:

Ah heck, it doesn't matter where... GO VOTE! :)

Republican Gus Bilirakis is running for his dad’s old 9th District seat in Florida, which has been safely Republican for a quarter century. But Democrat Phyllis Busansky is … well, she’s not the Republican, so the race is competitive.

Too bad she’s such a whore! Today’s comedy mailer shows the 69-year-old Jewish grandmother next to a naked gal, because she wants Christians to be forced to go around naked in public.

Turns out Busansky was on a county commission in 1991 and was one of two members who didn’t vote for a legal ban on thong bikinis — including on people’s private property. In other words, PHYLLIS BUSANSKY WILL BANKRUPT OUR VALUES.

The ad in question pictures two women, and correctly states the postion of Mrs. Busansky, along with the date that she took that position.

The article opposing it makes little attempt at honesty. It says that the ad is calling Mrs Busansky a whore - a lie. It says that the ad claims Mrs Busensky will force Christians to be nude in public - a lie. All this ad does is state Mrs. Busansky's position taken on a past issue of public dress code. And the reply on this site is an attack by any measure.

http://www.wonkette.com/politics/funny-pictures/campaign-mailer-of-the-day-212552.php

Why is this ad singled out as being over the top? Either it will be effective with the voters or it will not. But I have faith in the voting public. More so than this site which feels so strongly about writing what is not written between the lines.

And the argument of "there are so many REAL issues..." People who say this have no patients for the fact that they are not the final judge of propriety in the world. And that they may not be the person that this ad was intended for. Should everyone with different sensibilities than you be ignored because you are the final authority on proper?

Bill

Why is this ad singled out as being over the top? Either it will be effective with the voters or it will not. But I have faith in the voting public. More so than this site which feels so strongly about writing what is not written between the lines.
I have hypnotized you with my feminine wiles into VOTING ON TUESDAY! Mwahahahahaha!

FYI: Wonkette is actually an equal-opportunity slanderer: the Democrats get blasted there often too. And they freely admit that its slander! :)

Point of course is simply: is this really the most important issue of the day? Or the only one that will get out the vote? And what does that say about the level of political discourse in our society? I don't think that's a partisan issue either....

Now get out there and vote!

I like to do it in the morning,

Buffy