Science Forums

Global Warming a fake?

ck27

Before you continue , you should know that I have expert knowlege in formal conversational logic, meteorology, and climatology.

That's nice. Some attention to rhetorical skills might help though.

If you know you are scamming, this is the end of your game here and there are other places on the net which will be far more favorable conditions for you to grow your parasites in.

He's an admin, dude. Not likely your prediction will come to pass.

It's more than a bit rude to barge in like you have, slapping people who's long history of posts on this very topic you obviously have not read. A lot of people disagree with C1ay around here on this particular topic, but none of them are such obnoxious jerks about it.

Shape up pal.

People are not born bastards. They have to work at it, :confused:

Buffy

"He's an admin, dude. Not likely your prediction will come to pass."

a lot of people think so. its strange to watch things tumble around after somebody thinks they

can get away with things around pan.

I'm not sure what you think the prediction is, but, lets just keep on conversation and on signal?

shall we?

if anyones paying attention, and if admin has integrity; that doesn't matter, or it shouldn't.

in the long run, its strange to be me like that.

I have perfect pitch. I sing in five octaves. At a volume most people need a megaphone to reach.

but then i worked my vocal chords out.

you might too if you had perfect pitch. and played the clarinet expertly.

similarly, in all things, signal to noise ratio accounts for more than most people tend to realize.

this effect the true power of voice in ways that are subliminal to most people and which even most

people don't like to think about.

Power always lies with the truth.

the one who has the truth has the power, and over time can constantly play that to advantage.

The problem ensues that people who are bumbling about with ignorant opinions don't actually bother

to look and read.

Just because they don't doesn't mean that thousands of other people might not. at any moment.

what the mass intelligence thinks when it gets lucid is what really matters.

Knowing how to get a point over to a flash event then is really where the game is in some senses.

On the other hand, you can't think of it like that.

I rather prefer to think of it like building castles. Castles of knowledge and truth.

because i went and got it.

they can too and i can provide it as a service.

if you as a moderator are telling me i have a formal rules foul or an informal rules foul i am very highly

curious to see the exact metaprocess you have in use and your metaprocess flow chart.

lol

Also, systems theory.

lol

Do you ever think that if you just give the public enough information ALL OVER...

they might wake up over not just my set up one tiny thing in particular but ALL OF IT?

could happen... never know.

what are we talking about? global warming. my how my mind drifts.

won't it be fun in 2100 when if we do nothing and think that exxons lies are real the ocean is acidic, the top life dies, the oceans become toxic to us, the tides come in higher and deeper at a rate of 6 inches higher every year for 20 years, the whole planet gets real hot, the thermal distribution belts around the planet sieze up, the resulting buildup in the oceansof oceanic evaporation creates new supercell storms?

Which...happilly on one hand are the happily ever after for planet earth which is that the ocean rebalances itself in t minus 10 thousand years with the upper atmosphere. The water cools, the co2 heats, the system uses water to scrub the atmosphere and collects it in the ice.

the big problem is if you melt that ice, you set off another rebalance event.

Which means no more precipitation inland for 10 thousand years and a meters of rainfall too close to the coast with a livable green band around a doughnut permiter 200 miles - 500 miles inland.

I wonder, do these people that THINK they know anything about global warming KNOW anything about

SIMULATION MECHANICS?

because i do.

:confused:

Shape up pal.

please be more specific with your requests.

what exactly is your complaint?

People are not born bastards. They have to work at it,

Buffy

Yes, thats true, my job is to somehow massage people into relaxing away from the stress that is zombified lying to ourselves in public.

its a curious paradox about severity and mercy and finding balance with being gentle and soft and diplomatic as well as appropriately hard and yet suitably distant and focused intellectually.

isn't it?

Admins and Moderators have the Final Word

Although the administrators and moderators of the Hypography Science Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of these forums, nor the staff (admins, moderators, developers), can be held responsible for the content of any message posted by our members.

The staff of the Hypography Science Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, without warning, and without explanation. The staff also reserves the right to deny any user membership.

If you find that one of your posts or threads have been removed or edited, and you wish to appeal this decision, you may direct this appeal to any of the site administrators and the matter will be considered.

How do I avoid normal argument fallacies?

Take our advice: If you post theories which are untestable, ideas which are obviously based on bad logic, arguments which appeal to faith but fail when faced with reason, you will meet opposition in these forums. This is not because we are unfriendly. It is because we want to learn, try theories, understand, and most of all, discuss.

i feel clear. do you feel clear?

C1ay

¿42?

6,144 (View Stats) posts

33.78N 84.66W

Not Ranked : 0 score

Re: Global Warming a fake?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prometheuspan

natural warming happens slowly enough for life to adapt. This isn't.

Didn't look at the graph did you? The current rate of warming is much slower than it has occurred in previous eras.

BTW, since you've got so much posting energy perhaps you could fill us in on the cause of Mars' global warming...

----------------

Clay

Editor and Forum Administrator

stego anyone?

Hypography's Frappr has been retired .

"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world --

.....Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

"Draw no conclusions before their time."

your unit glitching.

:confused::shrug::):););)

Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

yes, but, which binary languages?

and...can we play with base 40? its my favorite base numberset?

its handy for organizing things. in file ish cabinetishlike ish ness.

ish

Warming is quite natural and during both the Ordovician and Permian eras it happened faster than it is now.

Over the life of the planet it has historically held a much higher average global temperature than we have now. Face it, global warming is here to stay whether or not man contributes to it. The dinosaurs lived without polar ice caps. Man will likely experience the same some day if the species lasts long enough.

If you want to bring up Exxon and carbon based fuels and their effects on the planet then you need to be complaining about the pollution, not the warming. Many will have grounds to argue about how much man contributes to warming. There's really not much to argue about if you just call it man made pollution. It is what it is and it's hard for anyone to argue that it's something else.

I have perfect pitch. I sing in five octaves. At a volume most people need a megaphone to reach.

but then i worked my vocal chords out.

you might too if you had perfect pitch. and played the clarinet expertly.

similarly, in all things, signal to noise ratio accounts for more than most people tend to realize.

this effect the true power of voice in ways that are subliminal to most people and which even most

people don't like to think about.

I'm new to this thread but I've looked over it quickly.

Question: what does your vainglorious horn-tooting and against-the-mainstream philosophical ramblings have to do with the topic of this thread?

CC

Warming is quite natural and during both the Ordovician and Permian eras it happened faster than it is now.

no, it didn't. no, this is not natural warming. No, those claims can't be made in fact with knowledge and a straight face.

Over the life of the planet it has historically held a much higher average global temperature than we have now.

true, but irrelevant, the current homeostasis is what matters.

Face it, global warming is here to stay whether or not man contributes to it. The dinosaurs lived without polar ice caps. Man will likely experience the same some day if the species lasts long enough.

we have to deal with this problem or it will destroy us. Its not here to stay unless we insist

on being self destructive, irresponsible, and willfully ignorant.

If you want to bring up Exxon and carbon based fuels and their effects on the planet then you need to be complaining about the pollution, not the warming.

I'm not complaining about anything. I am telling the facts like they are.

The facts are that humans are causing global warming. The end.

the facts are that we have options and don't have to do that.

the end.

the facts are that global warming denialism is a astroturf propaganda game payed for by exxon oil.

the end.

Many will have ground to argue about how much man contributes to warming. There's really not much to argue about if you just call it man made pollution. It is what it is and it's hard for anyone to argue that it's something else.

Theres nothing to argue about if you call it global warming either. The only way to generate an argument is to manufacture one from one part real contributing but tiny micro

contributing factor and multiply that by gross ignorance.

Yes. You shouldn't.

Fine, but, you fail to explain or define your objections, or site a rule.

This only works if they're scared of you,

Buffy

No, it works irrelevant to their attitude or perception of me, all i have to do is invest time and energy.

:bouquet:

I'm new to this thread but I've looked over it quickly.

Question: what does your vainglorious horn-tooting and against-the-mainstream philosophical ramblings have to do with the topic of this thread?

CC

I have been told that i shouldn't state the facts as they are because somebodies an admin.

I find that to be irrelevant. If its a threat, its empty, because over the long run abuse of power

will backfire. If its an appeal from authority, thats a logical fallacy.

I've been given two warnings which i find to be amusing, but lacking in actual depth.

I have a 180 IQ, and the knowledge base approximately equal to the entire staff of your average community college. That includes formal conversational logic, and expert knowledge of meteorology and climatology.

My life is a pearls and swine game. 9 out of ten people hate the truth and are attached to their lies, propagandas, ignorant opinions, delusions, doublethink, groupthink, and

other assorted nonsense.

Fine. The question for me is, is this forum swine, or is this forum actual intellectual conversation based in formal logic and science?

I'd like to find out before i waste a lot of time what the deal is.

Me on a forum should equal serious respect and people should pay attention and listen,

and take advantage of their opportunity to interact with a person of my calibre.

If thats not possible here, then it is possible elsewhere on the net... AND i can over time inform the public and that will eventually lead to this forum fizzling out for being an orwellian game.

I'm not interested in even discussing the issue of person X being an admin.

There are two kinds of global warming deniers. Liars and dupes. The end.

I'm not interested in self censoring, walking on egg shells, or playing games. I don't have time for head games, And I'm not here to waste my time.

I'm whats valuable, I'm whats golden, And I'm whats got the pearls as many as i choose

to pop into existence.

If this forum or the admins here can;t recognize that, no problem. There are places where people can and do give me the respect which I deserve.

And forums live and die by the reputations people like me give them.

does that explain and clarify?

you can run google just as easily as i can.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=global+warming+denialism&hl=en&btnG=Search&as_sdt=2001&as_sdtp=on

-------------

he Denial Machine

The Denial Machine. 40:42 - 3 years ago. In the past few years, a hurricane has engulfed the debate about global warming. This scientific issue has become a ...

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=522784499045867811 - Cached

denial machine

THE DENIAL MACHINE

THE DENIAL MACHINE. 40:42 - 3 years ago. In the past few years, a hurricane has engulfed the debate about global warming. This scientific issue has become a ...

video.google.com/videoplay?docid... - Cached - Similar

Show more results from video.google.com

System Justification, the Denial of Global Warming, and the ...

by I Feygina - 2010 - Related articles

Google Scholar. Right arrow, Articles by Feygina, I. Right arrow ... System Justification, the Denial of Global Warming, and the Possibility of ...

psp.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/36/3/326

Global Warming Denial - Skeptico

Global Warming Denial. Sometimes I worry that I've run out of new things to ..... on Theon: http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q="author:JS+author:Theon" ...

skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/.../global-warming-denial.html - Cached - Similar

The Global Warming Denial Industry - talk.politics.misc | Google ...

5 posts - 4 authors - Last post: Dec 8, 2009

The denial industry case notes. My Guardian Comment column this week ... pronouncements on global warming – for example, the statement that ...

groups.google.com/group/talk.politics.misc/.../98aebe323921ba55 - Cached

OT - Climate Science In Denial -- Global warming alarmists have ...‎ - Apr 22, 2010

Denial of Reality - globalchange‎ - Apr 12, 2007

More results from groups.google.com »

Sarah Palin, Global Warming Denialism, and Conspiracy Theory ...

Dec 15, 2009 ... I hesitated before weighing in on the global warming issue, ..... to the scientists' own web pages and to Google Scholar results on what ...

arthurgoldwag.wordpress.com/.../sarah-palin-global-warming-denialism-and-conspiracy-theory/ - Cached

global warming news and articles

... results on global warming (entire internet) See Google Scholar search results on global warming (includes scientific, academic and medical journals) ...

global warming news and articles - Cached - Similar

BEYOND THE IVORY TOWER: The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change ...

by N Oreskes - 2004 - Cited by 301 - Related articles

Dec 3, 2004 ... Search Google Scholar for: Articles by Oreskes, N. .... System Justification, the Denial of Global Warming, and the Possibility of ...

Science/AAAS | Scientific research, news and career information › Science Magazine › 3 December 2004 - Similar

naomi oreskes

Denialism: what is it and how should scientists respond ...

by P Diethelm - 2009 - Cited by 9 - Related articles

Google Scholar. Right arrow, Articles by Diethelm, P. Right arrow .... politicians and the public that the risk of global warming is too uncertain to ...

eurpub.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/19/1/2 - Similar

In Denial: Global Warming Hoaxes Dismantled - Winds of Change.NET

Cataclysmic global warming has all the symptoms of a conspiracy theory- it ...... in climate models you need only execute this search on Google Scholar. ...

http://hypography.com/forums/environmental-studies/www.windsofchange.net/.../in_denial_global_warming_hoaxes_dismantled.html - Cached

Next

------------------

PDF] The T3 Tax as a Policy Strategy for Global Warminggooglepages.com [PDF]

R McKitrick - The Vancouver Volumes Trafford …, 2007 - ross.mckitrick.googlepages.com

... Abstract Global warming policy has been stuck in a stalemate for well over a decade,

leading to considerable frustration on all sides. ... That way, if global warming projections

are right, the tax will start rising steadily over the coming decades. ...

Cited by 4 - Related articles - View as HTML - All 4 versions

Denialism: what is it and how should scientists respond?oxfordjournals.org

P Diethelm, M McKee - The European Journal of Public Health, 2009 - Oxford Univ Press

... In some cases, denialism exploits genuine concerns, such as the rejection of evidence on the

nature of AIDS by African-Americans who ... the industry's views of climate science [who can] help

convince journalists, politicians and the public that the risk of global warming is too ...

Cited by 9 - Related articles - All 4 versions

[PDF] Global-warming deniers: A well-funded machinelegacychillers.com [PDF]

S Begley - 2007 - legacychillers.com

... Every proposed climate bill "ran into a buzz saw of denialism," says Manik Roy of the Pew Center

on Climate Change, a ... by the American Petroleum Institute and other advocacy groups whose

entire purpose was to confuse people on the science of global warming," says Sen. ...

Cited by 2 - Related articles - View as HTML - All 4 versions

[CITATION] … Campaign of President Bush's Administration to Deny Global Warming

T Dickinson - Rolling Stone, 2007

Cited by 3 - Related articles

[PDF] The truth about denialmit.edu [PDF]

S Begley - Newsweek, 2007 - msl1.mit.edu

... Every proposed climate bill "ran into a buzz saw of denialism," says Manik Roy of the Pew Center

on Climate Change, a ... by the American Petroleum Institute and other advocacy groups whose

entire purpose was to confuse people on the science of global warming," says Sen. ...

Cited by 17 - Related articles - View as HTML - All 3 versions

[html] AIDS denialism vs. sciencecsicop.org [html]

N Nattrass - AIDS, 2007 - csicop.org

... be leaving CFI… Climate Change Collection December 12, 2009. As a service to

our readers we have collected all of our articles and commentary on global warming

for your consideration. AIDS Denialism vs. Science. Share: ...

Cited by 9 - Related articles - Cached - BL Direct - All 6 versions

[PDF] The politics of ambiguity in a time of AIDSresearch4development.info [PDF]

S Robins - Sunday Independent, 2005 - research4development.info

... of communicating a denialist message when you have agreed not to speak publicly about AIDS

dissident matters? Meanwhile millions of South Africans are waiting for the President to speak

in a language we can all understand. Like the case of global warming, the scientific ...

Cited by 2 - Related articles - View as HTML

The dangers of denying HIV

JP Moore - Nature, 2009 - nature.com

... Denialism, notes Kalichman, is "partly an outgrowth of a more general anti-science and

anti-medicine movement". Groups that support intelligent design, doubt global warming, claim

that vaccines cause autism, argue that cigarettes are safe, believe that the terrorist attacks of ...

Cited by 1 - Related articles - All 2 versions

The real swindleastepback.com [PDF]

M Boykoff - Nature Reports Climate Change, February, 2008 - nature.com

... The 2007 documentary The Great Global Warming Swindle combined many distinct issues into

one 'great swindle' by misinterpreting research findings ... convergence; divergence has come from

those at either end of the spectrum, dubbed 'alarmists' and 'denialists' — the former ...

Cited by 2 - Related articles - All 4 versions

Justice After AIDS Denialism: Should There Be Prosecutions and Compensation?smu.edu [PDF]

N Geffen - JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency …, 2009 - journals.lww.com

... Mbeki's folly is in danger of being repeated: political leaders who use pseudoscientific arguments

to deny the reality of global warming are also ... Can Duesberg, the most prominent scientist to

promote AIDS denialism, claim that the principles of academic freedom and freedom of ...

Cited by 1 - Related articles - All 5 versions

Result Page:

Next

Where is the published peer-reviewed source that states humans are the cause of global warming as a fact?

Please provide it.

CC

I agree.

Go to it. We are all busy waiting for you to get on it.

other than that, its occured to me that I've already gone in a full loop here redundantly.

Your evasion, and switching the burden of proof isn't that interesting to me.

And since you don't have a meta process and aren't interested in the truth or science facts,

theres not much to say other than the burden of proof is on you; mainstream science actually finished this non argument 30 years ago.

Should you wake up and decide you'd actually like to be a SCIENCE based forum,

you'd need a meta process to handle when admins are manipulative, passive aggressive,

lie, or get into conflicts with people because of their attachments to propaganda.

I'd offer to help...

but something tells me you aren't interested.

In case I'm wrong, we are actually working on meta process at my thread here;

and you are welcome to join us.

Metaprocess / Wiki (W1AA)

Category:MetaP - Issues

There are places on the net that don't waste my time and people on the net who are actually prepared to deal with and appreciate a multi expert with a 180 IQ.

I'm off to find more of them.

:turtle:

Mediation,Conflict Resolution, - tribe.net

Logical Fallacies

Fallacies

Deductive fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Logical Fallacies and the Art of Debate

The Logical Fallacies: Logical Fallacies

Logical Fallacies: The Fallacy Files

Logical Fallacies Handlist

A List Of Fallacious Arguments

great visual map of fallacies;

Taxonomy of the Logical Fallacies

I'm whats valuable, I'm whats golden, And I'm whats got the pearls as many as i choose

to pop into existence.

If this forum or the admins here can;t recognize that, no problem. There are places where people can and do give me the respect which I deserve.

If you were such a genius, as you obviously like to claim, you'd know that no one owes you any respect. Respect is earned. As far as I can tell you're just another arrogant dude with a megaphone screaming that everyone else is wrong and that you have all the answers, and we're supposed to agree with you because you say you're smarter than everyone else. By the simple fact that that is your attitude, clearly you're not.

To me your posts suggest that you are immature and dealing with some self image issues, because if you were truly confident in your knowledge and understanding, you wouldn't have to demand respect and criticize others for simply having a different opinion or knowledge base. Your effort would be in trying to educate people instead of slamming them or place them in some general category. The fact is you don't really know what C1ay bases his opinion on or whether he can back it up. You have jumped to a conclusion about him and labeled him in such a way that you cannot prove even with your alleged high IQ.

So if you're really interested in an adult conversation that is respectful in tone, why shouldn't it start with you?

If you were such a genius, as you obviously like to claim, you'd know that no one owes you any respect. Respect is earned.

and thus goes the matrix and humanities pitch fork game.

in fact the reverse, everyone deserves respect. to start.

As far as I can tell you're just another arrogant dude with a megaphone screaming that everyone else is wrong and that you have all the answers, and we're supposed to agree with you because you say you're smarter than everyone else.

thats rich, considering that i posted two pages of facts and all this forum has managed to do is attack me personally and make threats against me because i didn't butt kiss the admin and moderator.

By the simple fact that that is your attitude, clearly you're not.

again, i am the only person who has addressed facts and actual science, and all this is is another evasion and ad hominem i'm not interested in.

To me your posts suggest that you are immature and dealing with some self image issues

to me your half hearted I statement doesn't veil that ad hominem.

because if you were truly confident in your knowledge and understanding, you wouldn't have to demand respect and criticize others for simply having a different opinion or knowledge base.

now your distorting the order of operations. I'm "demanding" respect after a moderator attacked me personally as yet another aspect of an attempt to bully me on this issue

rather than face facts or reality.

I'm not demanding anything. I'm telling the truth, always, and i am facing people who have no integrity in this situation because they can't come up with a real argument.

Your effort would be in trying to educate people

I did do that, and the information i have provided is in fact in many senses the best

information that can be had on the subject.

instead of slamming them or place them in some general category.

There are only two kinds of global warming deniers, liars and dupes. If you or anyone has a problem with this fact, its not my problem.

The issue has been resolved by science for 30 years. The only reason we argue over it is a billion dollar propaganda campaign and ignorance, and the fact that without metaprocess,

instead of being rational and discuss, all the other side can do is twist my arm and abuse

its position of authority.

I did assume good faith by being bluntly honest.

I also don;t have lots of time to waste and i reality and IQ test forums for my use.

If you insist on continuing this flunking streak, thats your choice, but the net result is,

i test, you guys react reflexively, i talk about substance and facts, you guys talk about me.

I point this out to the world. This forum dies.

dig pit deeper? shall we?

The fact is you don't really know what C1ay bases his opinion on or whether he can back it up.

I don't need to know and nobody should be even slightly interested in opinions which are created out of ignorance and propaganda on a science forum.

You have jumped to a conclusion about him and labeled him in such a way that you cannot prove even with your alleged high IQ.

I have not jumped to any conclusions about anyone. I have tested the forum and its flunking. Its flunking because pack psychology, ignorance, and opinion is trumping integrity and diplomacy and bias, not logic, is whats driving the moderation and admins.

So if you're really interested in an adult conversation that is respectful in tone, why shouldn't it start with you?

It did. but fine, i can start over.