Science Forums

This site is great

Kriminal99

I just wanted to take the time to say that I really like this site. I have used other sites like it, and some of them are ok but others are pretty horrendus.

Of specific interest to me is the level of objectivity with regard to their moderator status displayed by most of the moderators here. There was at least one similar site I tried using where all the moderators often would threaten users who disagreed with their views, close threads they just decided they did not like and just generally create an enviornment that prevented any objective discussion and failed to create a wholistic learning enviornment that allows questioning new information.

The moderators here might be opinionated on a given subject all day long, but I have yet to see one try to use their position to intimidate or force people to agree with their views. Thank you for that.

Krim, posting a PM is a violation of our rules. Please respond to Qfwfq instead.

This makes perfect sense to me most of the time, since I think it is cowardly and passive aggressive to avoid honest and direct attempts to resolve a problem by pm. However when a mod threatens to ban you by pm citing something really vague I don't think it is an honest and fair attempt to directly confront a problem with someone - Instead of discussing with someone what they are doing and trying to convince them they are wrong about something or acting poorly, a mod doing this is just trying to use intimidation to force acceptance of their views... Its not the same thing. - But I am still here so I removed it myself anyways.

Please be aware that Qfwfq's PM was sent on behalf of the entire staff, not by him personally. It was an invitation to discussion, not a threat. If you saw it as a warning, that is correct. Please respond to Qfwfq as requested and discuss this in private to avoid unnecessary slandering.

Krim, the PM had nothing to do with my views. It was a warning about your behaviour in general and mentioned a specific case where I had stepped in, i. e. your reply to another member. It is our policy, in most cases, to warn a member if their behaviour may be leading to a ban, you are not justified in making it a public discussion. If you disagree with the rules you're free to post elsewhere but not to break them here and then dodge accusations.

• 3 months later...
And as I mentioned, unless you advertise on the very first page of the site "This site is for people who do not think for themselves and only agree with QFQW" then you have no buisness moderating in that fashion.

Wow... are you being serious, or are you practicing material for a comedy routine? This is great stuff! :hihi::hihi:

People can't go where they want if they don't know where what they want is.

Wow... that's deep. Truly. :umno:

And as I mentioned, unless you advertise on the very first page of the site "This site is for people who do not think for themselves and only agree with QFQW" then you have no buisness moderating in that fashion.

You didn't see the disclaimer on the first page, then? It clearly states that whatever our High Priest Qfwfq says, is the unquestionable Truth.

I expect some rep for this, Q...

I believe that the posts of InfiniteNow and Boerseun were meant in jest. It does seem that you blew the problem out of proportion ("This site is for people who do not think for themselves and only agree with QFWFQ"), because I am sure that you understand that this is not the case. I am sorry that you have had a bad experiance, but I hope that we can put that behind us and move forward with the intellectual nature of the rest of the forum. If you have furthur problems with any of the moderators, please don't hesitate to send me or any other admin a pm. We will do our best to resolve all issues that are brought to our attention.