Science Forums

Zarqawi's death

Edella

This is interesting,can you point me to some evidence to support this?As you stated most of us have been led to believe differently.

Food for thought. The 9/11 attackers were men that spent enough time going to flight school to learn how to fly jumbo jets. They were well educated unlike the typical uneducated portrayal of suicide bombers. FWIW though, educated≠rational....

All-in-all I view Al-Qaeda as a modern Hydra intent on ruling according to it's own religious views at all costs. It cannot be reasoned with and will not cease to seek control until all of it's heads are severed...

It is far too late now.

Al-Qaeda is a fact of life.

Sever all the heads you like. It is still being funded by oil money and fundamentalist money and fervor.

The CIA and USA had their chance in to stop it after they tossed the Soviets out of Afghanistan and they blew it.

Still, it's not all bad.

Yanks have something to be afraid of ; so lots more guns will be sold.(good for gun manufacturers) more people shot (good for funeral industry) more war (good for Haliburton & Republican coffers).

And

Hollywood must think all their birthdays have come at once.

Just think of the action movies all this will spawn

Terrific stuff.;)

I think I may be remembering my greek mythology wrong, but isn't the point of the hydra that you don't kill it by cutting off all it's heads, but by making it so it's heads don't grow back?

Kill all the terrorists you want, until you figure out a way to stop other people from becoming terrorists it won't do much good. (But, you know, still kill the terrorists.)

TFS

Kill all the terrorists you want, until you figure out a way to stop other people from becoming terrorists it won't do much good.

Which begins us back to what motivates a suicide bomber and what can we do to stop it.

I think it's possible to shed light on the motivations by the fact that the vaste majority of cultures and poor nations have no problems with home grown suicide bombers even amongst their extremists. Am I being Islamophobic if I say that there must be something within moderate Islamic culture that allows fanatical Islamic Jihadis to cultivate in a way it could not in any other culture, religous or otherwise?

Zarqawi's death is going to have a negative impact on terror, i.e, make the terror less organized. With the field general gone, human nature will cause his colonials to begin bickering for power. This will cause a split in their organization with plenty of in fighting. It will be like putting a bunch of polititans together to decide who is going to lead, with each seeking their own personal gain and the gain of their beholden group. It will be hard to do anything quickly for their common "good" because each will hold down the other to promote their own popularity and dominance.

There is a sub-clause about dying for Alah and going to heaven to meet their 72? virgins. If they kill innocent people and not the enemy, they will get 72 demons who will have their way with them.

There is a sub-clause about dying for Alah and going to heaven to meet their 72? virgins. If they kill innocent people and not the enemy, they will get 72 demons

- Hydrogen Bond

I disagree. These guys have been promised virgins, so virgins is what they will get. However, you have to question why those girls are still virgins by the time they reach the afterlife!

Has anybody noticed that America has engaged in about 450 raids and killed 150 'insurgents' supposedly owing to evidence directly linked to Zakawi's killing?

Iraqi ministers are making noises about how this could be the beginning of the end of Al Quaeda in Iraq and how they captured an Al Quaeda document in which they state that they are struggling with the growth of the Iraqi army and constant assaults to the point that they are trying to prevoke a fight with Iran as a destraction so they can regain their strength.

Are these convincing voices?