Science Forums

Vandalism

anglepose

HAHAHA

Well,

I used to vandalise all throughout middle school (Years ago, folks.)

and I can tell you that we simply

did it just for kicks.

It was like a drug,

We got the craziest high from

bashing in the window

of a parked dump truck.

I don't do things like that anymore, man.

K A R M A

Now that I don't kill spiders

in a house where they live too

they don't bite me anymore.

Vandalism, especially graphitti, is the first major cue for socially deviant/delinquent behavior in the individual (s)

This is such crap.

The first cue????

I think it all starts out with the way

the kids start dressing.

But I'm not going to format that sentence

into something a therepist

with piss.

( I love opinions :) )

This is such crap.

The first cue????

I think it all starts out with the way

the kids start dressing.

It all starts out with a thought...

"Gee, I'm bored, why don't I go wrist rocket some peoples windows!" :evil:

Form of dress is an expression; not necessary correlated

Vandalism is a malicious action. :)

Acting out destructive impulses at the vandalism stage is a red flag for worse behavior down the line...If its not corrected/punished.

signed Dr. Phil

Vandelism is sort of a rite of passage for some young people. When I was just becoming a teenager, my group of friends and I went through this rite of passage. We were not destructive but creative. On summer night we went looking for bicycles. We would take one for each and ride them, until we found another. We would then swap the bikes and use the next bike to find another. We were playing Robin Hood of confusion.

The whole gist of this vandalism was the risk taking. Part of being a man is to deal with risk and adversity. That night was hliarious. When it was someone's turn to sneak to a house to get a bike, the rest of us would yell "mister someone is stealing your kids bike", so our friends would get chased or get the bike. That increased the risk until the game got old.

Vandalism is a method of being able to revolt against the society.

Those people will do so, who have constantly been having a reason to hate the upper levels, or the whole framework of the society.

Doing such acts of destruction gives them the subconsious feeling that they are having revenge.

I personally used to indulge in this(on a minor scale, I might add) activity.

Throwing Sodium into the toilets for the explosion was my way of getting back to the very grouchy cleaner.

Dropping Potassium Permanganate into the HCl bottles was a way of having revenge against the ultra abusive Chemistry Lab. assistant.

Ofcourse, now I know better than to do it any more.

Vandalism is a method of being able to revolt against the society.

Those people will do so, who have constantly been having a reason to hate the upper levels, or the whole framework of the society.

Doing such acts of destruction gives them the subconsious feeling that they are having revenge.

That sounds more like rioting Ronthepon...which usually involves vandalism.

Revenge for what? Its acting out destructive impulses. Which is psychologically immature.

I've done my share during youth angst; you learn its stupid to act that way. :)

And once you've learned the value of respect, it ceases being "fun".

Turning a phone booth into a bonfire doesn't hurt the "upper levels"...

I've always been intrigued by vandalism that goes on after major sporting events. for example...When the LA Lakers won the NBA championship :) , people went out and flipped over police cars.

why? is that how you celebrate?

or was it an excuse to act like an *******?

That sounds more like rioting Ronthepon...which usually involves vandalism.

Revenge for what? Its acting out destructive impulses. Which is psychologically immature.

I've done my share during youth angst; you learn its stupid to act that way. :)

And once you've learned the value of respect, it ceases being "fun".

Turning a phone booth into a bonfire doesn't hurt the "upper levels"...

I've always been intrigued by vandalism that goes on after major sporting events. for example...When the LA Lakers won the NBA championship :) , people went out and flipped over police cars.

why? is that how you celebrate?

or was it an excuse to act like an *******?

Hell that's right!

But suppose someone did something bad to you. Suppose falsely accused you of some major thing.

Won't you forget morality when you puncture his car tyres?

Same way when a school child haunted by his teacher makes some mischief, all he tries is to get his revenge. Immature, but satisfying.

And I gotta comment on how half the world cares about being satisfied more than being mature.

Vandalism is also often a way for emotionally immature individuals (I was too, don't get me wrong... not sitting on some high horse here) to express feelings they have but do not know how to handle. These feelings all get contorted inside since they lack the ability to adequately express them... the individual doesn't know how to let them out, so instead they go and break stuff because it provides a strange sense of relief.

Vandals exist because they were not properly taught the difference between right and wrong. As some above have acknowledged they were vandals because they thought it was fun, a way to rebel, a way to get revenge, etc...... What these never learned (at least never learned before their vandalist acts) is that no one should be mistreated. If some one has done bad, then the only recourse is to report their bad acts.

I find it interesting that some people will justify a lynch mob's act of beating a wrongdoer senseless, but at the very same time would not go to the police when that wrongdoer committed his first act. They don't realize that they are no better than the person they hate.

where i live the goverment is cracking down on junk food and well not me but my cuase of action got on national tv in the news becuase people like me have buisneses. I buy sweets outside of school take them into school and sell them to people for a higher price . supposedly me and other people are wreking the goverment scemes. Altho ive never found vandalism fun i once but a brick through an abandoned gypsies home (it was aboandoned and it was in my best mates feild so technicaly they were tresspasing) as a dare i didnt find it fun my freind then put his fist threw another window and cut himself open that was funny

Well don't get me wrong, I get to tear down houses and old buildings now and then, and sometimes there is some stress release in taking a sledge hammer to a couple of things, but it is far from vandalism. The houses are abandoned and scheduled for demolition. We come in and salvage any good hardware, sinks, toilets, even a wall safe once.

That was the most fun, since it was built into the wall and surrounded by brick. It took us almost 2 hours to bust the brick and cement out enough to pull the safe out (it was built side by side with a chimney in a bedroom closet, so it was a pain, but well worth the fun of it.)