Science Forums

If I was God.....

MagnetMan

I thought the situation was that people either believe in god or they dont(?) For those who believe in god, god is perfect, omniscient, etc, so everything god did must by definition have been "best", whereas for those who dont believe in god, god is by definition incapable of doing anything. It doesn't seem to me that there is anything to conjecture about or discuss.

Perhaps we can get around this little conceptual hurdle by defining god as:

A hypothetical being who has the ability to manipulate scientific laws at will.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were God, why would you initiate Creation?

What would be your highest expectation?

If you can determine that goal, how would you go about achieving it in practice?

I would create the universe to have things to recognise my power, and to worship me. I would expect complete obeidience and would punish any who transgress with endless torment. As to how I would go about it, I think twould be fun to play with my creations, by revealing what I want from them in a multitude of conflicting and ambiguos revelations. That way, I would be assured of an endless supply to torment for failing to worship me correctly, as well as having a world filled with drama and lulz to keep me entertained.

:)

I think twould be fun to play with my creations, by revealing what I want from them in a multitude of conflicting and ambiguos revelations. That way, I would be assured of an endless supply to torment for failing to worship me correctly, as well as having a world filled with drama and lulz to keep me entertained.

Let me just offer one comment on this expose of your expressed character Pan..........I'm very thankful that you are not God!!!...............Infy

Let me just offer one comment on this expose of your expressed character Pan..........I'm very thankful that you are not God!!!...............Infy

Heh! Heh! Me too.

But we humans have been bound by our limits, and it's a natural thing to want to be powerful!

However, anybody will ultimately get bored of all the excess power. If not in 100 years, then in 100,000 years. Then it will indeed be used the way we want god to.

Bunch of unruly Gods here.

Just now you will throwing lightening bolts around.

Back to the drawing board.

So you are God and its 10 Million B.C.

And Mother Earth is fertile and has given birth to 3 billion specie of organic creatures.

Her Garden is bountiful and beautiful.

So you decide that one specie among the 3 billion is to be your chosen son.

Why do you select from among the primates and none other?

What is your end goal?

Intelligence. No point having worshippers if they dont understand what theyre doing.

Is it nessecary that a god be worshipped?

Does a god lose any of his godliness if he has a population that is not aware of his existence?

You want to play god?

Play SimCity.

Play Age of empires

Play Age of Mythology.

Play Populous, the beginning.

There are many many games out there which simulate the thing.

In all those cases, you will realise, the fun of being god is not in having your people worship you. The fun is in keeping them happy.

If I was God man would have no concept of my existance, there would be no religion and no worship....

Actually, if there is a god, he is hiding it very well, I have never seen definite proof of him.

It was us humans who dreamed up of the concepts of religion and all, when we were faced with inexplicable phenomena in the olden times.

Is it nessecary that a god be worshipped?

Does a god lose any of his godliness if he has a population that is not aware of his existence?

Necessary? If I were god, yes it would be. Why would I waste my time making a bunch of creatures if they didnt even bow down before me in fear? What would be the point? To make them happy? Why bother if theyre just my creations? Surely my happiness is all that would matter to me were I God.

Necessary? If I were god, yes it would be. Why would I waste my time making a bunch of creatures if they didnt even bow down before me in fear? What would be the point? To make them happy? Why bother if theyre just my creations? Surely my happiness is all that would matter to me were I God.

I would most certainly die before I would worship such a self-serving, egotistical tyrant as this....

Boy, your thinking process in this thread is rather blunt!

IF there were a god, he would not nessecarily have the human trait of emotion, and thus happiness. Our emotions, as we can verify with some effort, are very ungodly propeties. As though, in anger (the brief madness) we are no longer our initial self.

And if god did have emotions, he would also get bored of being worshipped by peices of live meat.

And such an egoistic god is nothing more than a ultrapowerful dictator, or a king, or something of that sort.

We've had enough of that in our history.